Quantcast

Yeti 4X.. Fox or Rock Shox?

kOlsen

Monkey
Dec 23, 2007
Norway, Scandinavia
I have been looking at Fox 36 Float R for my Yeti 4X, but I am a little lost on what to get. Have thought about Pike and Revelation too. I do want a fork with 20mm axle.

Any suggestions?

Thanks

Hougham

Monkey
Mar 28, 2007
RockShox Reba Team 20mm axle at 100mm travel or Manitou Minute MRD Absolute 100mm travel 20mm axle.

Last edited:

4xBoy

Turbo Monkey
Jun 20, 2006
Minneapolis
I like having compression adjust ability, I have never rode the r version, if it is good out of the box, the adjuster really wouldn't be needed.

kOlsen

Monkey
Dec 23, 2007
Norway, Scandinavia

ZoRo

Turbo Monkey
Sep 28, 2004
MTL
Off topic, but what do you think about Larsens in the rear for racing? Don't they slip out a bit if you try to drift or corner really hard? I'm looking for a new a tire combo for next year and yours looks interesting (I was riding Bling Blings front and back).

BTW, for OP, I would go RS Pike. Pretty much bumproof and it gets really good reviews. I personally rock a 2007 Manitou Super SPV Thru-Axle on my Ndiza ST. Not the newest or brightest, but gets the job done pretty good.

Again, if the bike is gonna be more than a race bike, i'd rock a thru-axle. The weight penalty is minimal and makes for a much stiffer front end. Pictures showing WC 4x racers riding on QR forks don't necessarily convey the "usual" riding one does with a 4x bike other than racing on close courses.

Goog luck