Quantcast

Yeti ASX + 888

spilly

Chimp
May 23, 2004
Does anyone know if you can run a 888 on an ASX? Even better, anyone out there doing this now? If so, let me know how it is going.

Thanks,
Spilly

Full Trucker

Frikkin newb!!!
Feb 26, 2003
Exit, CO
Yes it can be done. A local fella here is running that combo, and it seems to work just fine. He gets down the hill faster than all get out. Do I personally know how it rides? Nope. If you go for it and it feels to tall in the front end for ya, you can always get aftermarket flat crowns from Go-Ride and make it around an inch shorter. Fresh.

dexterq20

Turbo Monkey
Mar 6, 2003
NorCal
Don't know anything for sure, but I would probably not suggest it. The ASX has a 1.5 headtube and comes stock with a single-crown Sherman, so it's probably not designed for the tall stack height of a triple clamp fork. Then consider that the 888 is really tall compared to almost every other DH fork. That means it'll probably turn your bike into a poor-handling chopper. Just my thoughts though, nothing that's been proven.

dexterq20

Turbo Monkey
Mar 6, 2003
NorCal
Originally posted by Full Trucker
If you go for it and it feels to tall in the front end for ya, you can always get aftermarket flat crowns from Go-Ride and make it around an inch shorter.
Just be aware that the Go-Ride crowns will void your fork's warranty the instant they are installed.