Quantcast

Yeti design flaw

motobutane

Monkey
Apr 27, 2010
WNC
I tried gorilla tape with some foam backer :disgust1: so being in the aluminum business........I just wonder how long, or if it will work at all?
Why would Yeti route the cables on the downtube of a DH bike (303R-DH) knowing it would be shuttled?
I'm gonna give my "MacGyver" fix a try this weekend. Anyone else come up with a better way???
sale 032.jpgsale 033.jpg
Plus I installed some new enduro bearing and hardware:thumb:
sale 030.jpgsale 029.jpg

Jeremy R

<b>x</b>
Nov 15, 2001
behind you with a snap pop
That looks like a solution looking for a problem. We have shuttled the $hit out of those bikes with no problems at all with the cables. If anything the cables keep the paint from being rubbed off the frame.

motobutane

Monkey
Apr 27, 2010
WNC
That looks like a solution looking for a problem. We have shuttled the $hit out of those bikes with no problems at all with the cables. If anything the cables keep the paint from being rubbed off the frame.
Really? Thats good to know,I would think that the cables would show excessive signs of wear. We shuttled TTC and WR a couple weeks ago and my gorilla tape was destroyed.

norbar

KESSLER PROBLEM. Just cause
Jun 7, 2007
Warsaw :/
Look up some people on giants. Frango on rm for sure. I'm quite sure a lot of people rerouted their glories.

bizutch

Delicate CUSTOM flower
Dec 11, 2001
Over your shoulder whispering
You could actually just wrap the cables with a strip of 3M 2228 tape and it would be way lighter and prevent rub. And easy to peal off and replace the cable & tape in the future.