Quantcast

Yokun Ridge

berkshire_rider

Growler
Feb 5, 2003
The Blackstone Valley
We scheduled a late season Yokun Ridge ride for Saturday. When we showed up, there was a little suprise - a dusting of snow! The trails here have a lot of roots, so it was a little slick at times.

Doug, Davis, and Johnnyru:

Treesaw and Doug JRA:

BadDNA, Johnnyru, and Treesaw climbing a tough section:

Earl on the same climb, further up:

Breaktime. Notice the difference in bikes. Doug on a rigid 29'er and BadDNA on a 48lb Bighit. :D

Earl on a (snowy) tree ride:

BadDNA, Earl, Treesaw, and Johnnyru on a short bog bridge section:

:)

johnnyru

Monkey
Feb 20, 2004
Slingerlands, NY
That was an amazing ride! It was cold and long but so much fun. I didn't take that many pictures because I was usually riding sweep...yeah it's a fitness thing. Thanks to everyone for coming out, we had a great group and there were lots of smiles. Steve, it was great to see you again...it's been a while since we've ridden together. Thank you to Eammon for hooking us all up with a sampling of the home brew post ride...it really hit the spot, and also for Doug and Steve for being our guides...most of us did not know our way around those trails.

Regroup just before a really fun downhill section

Festive trail conditions

Awesome views

TreeSaw

Mama Monkey
Oct 30, 2003
Dancin' over rocks n' roots!
The unnecessary climb (our way of slowing down douglas & Davis) :D

Alan, TreeSaw & Jenny negotiating a slick corner

A tough little climb (doug, davis, BadDNA, & johnnyru)

Did we mention the snow?

Crazy hiking bridges (BadDNA, Berkshire_rider, johnnyru, TreeSaw)

A fun little jump (johnnyru, BadDNA)

A final re-group before the finish

Another great ride in 2007!!!

upstatesspdr

Chimp
Jan 10, 2006
Great pics, great group and and awesome ride! It was really good seeing everybody again - see you all next time
Davis

Jim Mac

MAKE ENDURO GREAT AGAIN
May 21, 2004
the middle east of NY
my plan is to ride their much more often in '08, lots of climbing = perfect VT50 training rides!
..and awesome descents with a lot of turns! When we all rode there last December (crap, that was almost a year ago, Doug?), all the Elevate DH guys were talking about coming back to use some of the descents as shuttle runs.