Quantcast

You asked for it! Lil' Manimal Pic thread...

manimal

Ociffer Tackleberry
Feb 27, 2002
Blindly running into cactus
Per request, i've started a comprehensive Lil' Manimal Pic Thread.

the pics are not necessarily in chronilogical order but the older ones are obvious because he's on the little red 12" bike. they're also dated by which helmet he's wearing too ;)

i didn't realize how many pics there are of him in my photobucket account so if you're still on dial-up...i hate it for ya.

i'll break these up over a few posts.

fire truck gap

stair gap/drop

drop

first attempt and “shore”

…….

first teeter (on a 2x4!)

first skinny

learning the DS course

flying over table/double

bermed…the early years

father son flight

early ramp stuff on the full squish

sporting the ridemonkey hat

manimal

Ociffer Tackleberry
Feb 27, 2002
bermed

NBR….first fish :D :thumb:

testing out newer, but too big bike

launching a steep hip

hip

southern education :D

first drop that started it all :thumb: July ’04, 4yrs old

posing after first true trail ride w/ dad :D

first trail ride

post crash motivational hug/speech

first wall drop

drop

first race team shirt Aug ‘05

winning first race

first DS race medal

in the berm

pre-first DH run at Sugar Mtn

manimal

Ociffer Tackleberry
Feb 27, 2002
mulch jump

beating up Ronald mcdonald

6pack small bike

stair drop

steep dj

skinny ledge to drop

gas station kicker

Gap over kid

stepdown

stairs old

best shot ever…4yrs old

first stair set

stairs at a sheriff’s department :thumb:

first BIG set of stairs

stair drop to ramp

ouch!

Squeaver

Monkey
Mar 1, 2006
Sanford, NC
Wow, that is awesome. I can't wait to have a son so I can get him into stuff like that. Badass. He is much better than I am.

Parker

dhkid

Turbo Monkey
Mar 10, 2005
Malaysia
wow, he can launch drops so he lands on both wheels pretty much even.
and just to think, today lil ripper, in a few years whooping our asses. :rofl:

manimal

Ociffer Tackleberry
Feb 27, 2002
dump said:
Great shots mang! Dunno 'bout that gun though!

it served it's purpose. he used to ask to see my guns/play with them all the time. then i took him out to shoot and he saw first hand how powerful and dangerous they are....he hasn't asked to see them since. he'll be much less likely to pull one of those "hey, check out my dad's gun" tricks with his friends. he knows better and knows what they can do.

dump

Turbo Monkey
Oct 12, 2001
manimal said:
it served it's purpose. he used to ask to see my guns/play with them all the time. then i took him out to shoot and he saw first hand how powerful and dangerous they are....he hasn't asked to see them since. he'll be much less likely to pull one of those "hey, check out my dad's gun" tricks with his friends. he knows better and knows what they can do.
makes sense :thumb:

antimony

M.N.F. Beer Wench
Nov 21, 2005
North Carolina
that was such an awesome collection of pics! he is amazing... i still get sick just looking at the one where he fell on his face... what a tough guy! :D

manimal

Ociffer Tackleberry
Feb 27, 2002
more action shots from today. i think i'm gonna take it back to mike and let him rig something to stiffen up the fork. he doesn't have enough rebound to keep his front end up.

these pics are from his first 2 jumps today before he realized that he didn't have to go so fast. i'll have to spread the ramps out again like i did a while back on his other bike.

moff_quigley

Why don't you have a seat over there?
Jan 27, 2005
Poseurville
manimal said:
pre-first DH run at Sugar Mtn
Does Lil'Manimal take karate or some other martial art? I bet he would be an awesome student. Most kids (in my limited experience) his age aren't into it and it can be frustrating.

Why isn't this thread a sticky??????

manimal

Ociffer Tackleberry
Feb 27, 2002
moff_quigley said:
Does Lil'Manimal take karate or some other martial art? I bet he would be an awesome student. Most kids (in my limited experience) his age aren't into it and it can be frustrating.

Why isn't this thread a sticky??????
He took martial arts last summer but opted for gymnastics through the year. for roughly the same price per month he gets twice the time at gymnastics and it's much more physcially challenging to him. he mentioned doing martial arts again this summer but quickly recanted when we told him he'd have to choose between that and gymnastics.
besides, my wife works at the gym now so we get a killer discount :thumb:

he and i fight/wrestle enough that he gets some good defensive tactics instruction :D

manimal

Ociffer Tackleberry
Feb 27, 2002
mud'n'sweat said:
Yeah, you gotta get a lilmanimal.com site going. I never get tired of seeing his pic's

:thumb:
ciaran hooked me up with one and i had a buddy that was supposed to get it up and running (i am clueless when it comes to web design).......but it never really happened.

bikenweed

Turbo Monkey
Oct 21, 2004
Los Osos
manimal said:

Good call, I wish my parents had done something similar with booze and drugs, I'd be a much healthier person if I had learned about the "joys" of life earlier and had more respect for them than I do now.

Oh, btw, I think you might need to take him shooting more than once. When I was 7 or 8 a buddy's dad took us shooting one day, and it just progressed into us stealing the guns whenever he wasn't home and shooting everything in sight. It was our favorite hobby, but we never got to really practice it! We both learned how to load and put in fresh CO2 canisters that day, and ever since, no rabbit/bird/tree/fish/deer has ever been safe within a half mile radius of his house.

dante

Unabomber
Feb 13, 2004
looking for classic NE singletrack
bikenweed said:
Good call, I wish my parents had done something similar with booze and drugs, I'd be a much healthier person if I had learned about the "joys" of life earlier and had more respect for them than I do now.
dunno, if my parents had "introduced me" to booze and drugs at age 4 I might not have been the same now... :looney: :drool: :teacher:

erastusboy

Monkey
Mar 5, 2003
I have been watching these threads for a long time (dont really post alot). Have you thought about getting a hook up from a company. It seems like that would be great publicity to have a tiny little shredder like that ripping it up, but that might make it all serious and stuff and he might get burnt out. Whatever still cool as h***

manimal

Ociffer Tackleberry
Feb 27, 2002
xpost from the ride-reports forum

we had a great *first-trailride-on-new-bike* ride this week. he's gotten very comfortable with the gears and hand brake and is even jumping the large new bike very well....smooooth is the word :thumb: