Quantcast

you guys should build.....

Hesh To Steel

Monkey
Dec 12, 2007
Hell's Kitchen
make it like a stunt park like it is in the winter. have like sick technical features and a ****load of jumps. but then if you do that it will take away from the main mountain and no one would ride it anymore.
I think you're flat out wrong with that statement.

Fall Guy

Chimp
Sep 4, 2007
i am not disagreeing with you i am just saying the chances of those being built at diablo are very slim due to type of terrain. there are some spots that could be fun but also it would be a lot of money to build it. there is a spot on the mountain that many people dont know about that has the best place for bridges i have ever seen. but the time and money would be redonkulous. i feel very negative saying this but its true. if you want it you have to build it yourself.
Are you some sort of employee or partner in Diablo freeride park? I only ask because you seem to know all the legal ramifications and what type of trails would present more of a risk and what is and isnt insurable and you also seem to have the inside scoop of Diablo’s operation budget and how much they would and wound not be capable of spending and on top of that you also seem to know all the demographics of all the visitors and what type of trails they would and would not ride.
North shore stunts are not just wooden sidewalks. We’re talking step ups/downs/teeters, walls and all that fun stuff.

jcaramia

Monkey
Oct 28, 2007
Clifton, NJ
Are you some sort of employee or partner in Diablo freeride park? I only ask because you seem to know all the legal ramifications and what type of trails would present more of a risk and what is and isnt insurable and you also seem to have the inside scoop of Diablo’s operation budget and how much they would and wound not be capable of spending and on top of that you also seem to know all the demographics of all the visitors and what type of trails they would and would not ride.
North shore stunts are not just wooden sidewalks. We’re talking step ups/downs/teeters, walls and all that fun stuff.
haha Joey is just some punk ass Diablo grom.:imstupid:

jerseydirt

Turbo Monkey
May 6, 2007
dirty jerz
any way you can look all over diablo for a place do build a step up. the only good place is if you tare down the second exudous bridge and build a wooden kicker up. otherwise. wood is expensive and diablo has no use for northshore anywhere. but i think it would be fun. today i found an area for a great step down to wallride with pj. actually ripper would be great to be covered in tech northshore

Iridemtb

Turbo Monkey
Feb 2, 2007
Ok, there have been a lot of great things this year that have been implemented. Like green horn, and deviant, and the progression zone are all awesome, but they are geared towards begginers too. Then there's some awesome things, like das wall, that table after the sram berm, and that new freakin awesome step up. But I wish there were some more advanced things. There's a LOT of sketchy and gnarly rock gardens, especially when you compare diablo to other mountains, but there's not many sketchy or big jumps.

I think the people and the mountain would benefit from bigger jumps, or slopestyle features. It's things like that new step up, that tip the scales, and make people sacrifice the money, and time, and complaining family (wife, parents, etc...) and go to diablo, instead of staying at home for the weekend, or heading to the close mountain, or the better mountain an hour away.

Edit: Thanks diablo for implementing what you did and for excellent maintnence of the trails.

Last edited:

Fall Guy

Chimp
Sep 4, 2007
any way you can look all over diablo for a place do build a step up. the only good place is if you tare down the second exudous bridge and build a wooden kicker up. otherwise. wood is expensive and diablo has no use for northshore anywhere. but i think it would be fun. today i found an area for a great step down to wallride with pj. actually ripper would be great to be covered in tech northshore
There you go again saying there is only one place on the mountain to build such features, the wood is too expensive for Diablo and that there is no use. Im not saying these features are necessary, just that you don't have a clue and only Diablo would. Look at how much wood was used to build the 3 wall rides there and how much wood was used for Stigmata and how much wood is around that mountain. That tells me that they don't mind spending some money on wood. Listen to all the people asking for these types of trails. This tells me there is use for this type of trail. As for where to build, next to ripper might be a good idea.

Feb 7, 2007
Vernon, New Jersey
Hey everyone... Lots of speculation going on... Just to clarify, we have plans and intentions to build through November of this year. In addition to IndyCross & the new 48Straight DS course, we will be adding new progression trails, new metal/wood features, some new pure DH sections, the list goes on. Right now we are focusing on trail maintenance during a dry weather spell and in the very near future we will begin construction on IndyCross and the new DS.

In the short term, our focus is on developing IndyCross (as a trail and a concept) and building the Dual Slalom course for 48Straight. As the only east coast stop on the tour, 48Straight will be an amazing opportunity for our park, the sport and the east coast riding community since this event will put Dual Slalom racing in front of millions of television viewers! While the event is in August, 48Straight will be nationally televised and featured on CBS for a full-hour on Sunday, September 28th! More updates soon!

Last edited:

kyle_nelson

Monkey
Jul 1, 2008
vernon< NJJJJJ
i really think it would be amazing if they could make a trail that has dirt, rocks, and in a down hill orientation, so you dont need t opedal a lot unless your racing. also. , they should make this trail go hrough the woods. how awesome would that be?

spylab

Monkey
Feb 7, 2007
Based on what has been built for and in 2008 alone, I think we should all shut the f up, stand back, and watch what is in store for the rest of the year. These guys are killing it, and I have no doubt we will all be surprised a few more times before the leaves start falling...

FOXROX

Turbo Monkey
Jun 23, 2007
hambur,nj
joey stop talking about that step up! it will never happen! the little like Vally is a drainage. if you walk down and look it is all stone and pebbles due to the drainage.

Instigatr

Monkey
Apr 13, 2007
New Milford, NJ
Hey everyone... Lots of speculation going on... Just to clarify, we have plans and intentions to build through November of this year. In addition to IndyCross & the new 48Straight DS course, we will be adding new progression trails, new metal/wood features, some new pure DH sections, the list goes on. Right now we are focusing on trail maintenance during a dry weather spell and in the very near future we will begin construction on IndyCross and the new DS.

In the short term, our focus is on developing IndyCross (as a trail and a concept) and building the Dual Slalom course for 48Straight. As the only east coast stop on the tour, 48Straight will be an amazing opportunity for our park, the sport and the east coast riding community since this event will put Dual Slalom racing in front of millions of television viewers! While the event is in August, 48Straight will be nationally televised and featured on CBS for a full-hour on Sunday, September 28th! More updates soon!
All this time, money and effort being put into an event for one day. How does this benefit the local riders? I'm sure the courses will be closed to rec. riding the rest of the year anyway.

7/27/08 - Flatliner closed and getting some work done, nice!

spylab

Monkey
Feb 7, 2007
All this time, money and effort being put into an event for one day. How does this benefit the local riders? I'm sure the courses will be closed to rec. riding the rest of the year anyway.
When all is said and done, Diablo Freeride Park is a business, and accommodating/promoting an event like 48Straight is a big priority, as it an excellent revenue flow.

The biking community is a pretty well-knit group, but DFP never is, was or will be a charity.

Luckynumber13

Monkey
Jul 16, 2008
NJ
I think Diablo should rebuild/fix the berm on lower alpine after the double and little table or whatever before the other table and sram berm and right before the progression drops so you could carry a lot of speed into the table and sram berm. Maybe even make it a wallride.

Also, i think there should be another wallride right after the second one and that double, so you dont have to brake, and maybe two more after that.

That would be sick:thumb:, like 6 wallrides on alpine:thumb:

DownhillR3

Monkey
May 31, 2007
I think Diablo should rebuild/fix the berm on lower alpine after the double and little table or whatever before the other table and sram berm and right before the progression drops so you could carry a lot of speed into the table and sram berm. Maybe even make it a wallride.
First off, I think your obsessed with wallrides and I know what berm your talking about. It's actually not as bad as I thought it was... just have to find the right line & you can still easily make the table/hip jump going into the Sram berm.

Luckynumber13

Monkey
Jul 16, 2008
NJ
First off, I think your obsessed with wallrides and I know what berm your talking about. It's actually not as bad as I thought it was... just have to find the right line & you can still easily make the table/hip jump going into the Sram berm.

It would be fun with so many wallrides.

I think that berm defenitly needs to be rebuit so that you could come out of that double and table confidently without hitting your brakes. either a nice big berm or a wallride. At least one wallride there would be sweet. But then agian i doubt it because of Das Wall. It would be a turnoff to Das Wall.

FOXROX

Turbo Monkey
Jun 23, 2007
hambur,nj
personally, i think alpine is fine. The berms are fine, and so is the rest of the mtn..... just because it takes skill to do something fast doesnt mean it has to be rebuilt and made easy. i dont find any problems with the last section and i actually like the rut in that berm, you can go much faster with it.

Luckynumber13

Monkey
Jul 16, 2008
NJ
^^^yeah, but you have to brake a lot before that berm, it would be more fun if you could just carry all your speed into that berm. It would be so much better and fun.

the rest of alpine is fine, yeah, but i think it would be cool and a lot more fun with more wallrides.

whatever the diablo crew does is fine, as long as there's still a mountain to ride:D