Quantcast

you think your gas is high?

stosh

Darth Bailer
Jul 20, 2001
NY
They make gas there how could it be so expensive.

Oh well now Bush can drill there.

T-Dog

Monkey
Feb 18, 2004
different shack, same shotgun
Originally posted by stosh

Actually, when I lived in Ak 10 years ago there were no refineries operating....crude got shipped out, refined, and shipped back. Go figure.....and the gas was still less than CA. But I still say DRILL!

jdcamb

Tool Time!
Feb 17, 2002
Nowhere Man!

Very few refineries, big distribution areas with expensive distribution methods, unreliable weather, a major refining company that services Alaska in recievership, EPA regs that make it difficult and expensive to operate anywhere other then Texas or Loisianna. The only thing they have going for them is that they have crude readily available.....jdcamb

stosh

Darth Bailer
Jul 20, 2001
NY
Originally posted by jdcamb
Very few refineries, big distribution areas with expensive distribution methods, unreliable weather, a major refining company that services Alaska in recievership, EPA regs that make it difficult and expensive to operate anywhere other then Texas or Loisianna. The only thing they have going for them is that they have crude readily available.....jdcamb

I'd make my own home refinery like a home brew still.

BurlyShirley

Rex Grossman Will Rise Again
Jul 4, 2002
TN

I hope congress allows drilling there. BUSH himself cant just drill there stosh, but Id still like to see it happen. Screw a bunch of caribou. They have them in russia too, its not like they'll go extinct. I want cheap oil and i want it soon.

T-Dog

Monkey
Feb 18, 2004
Originally posted by BurlySurly
I hope congress allows drilling there. BUSH himself cant just drill there stosh, but Id still like to see it happen. Screw a bunch of caribou. They have them in russia too, its not like they'll go extinct. I want cheap oil and i want it soon.
Iworked in the oilfields in prudhoe bay, in the late 80's.....the caribou could care less about the pipelines and pads....they hang out under the pipeline for shade (no trees). We had to make special crossing areas on the roads for them, and I never saw one cross there....they just jam over any spot they want. The wildlife is more bothered by insects there than people. And ANWR, that beautiful, pristine wilderness that must be preserved? It's a frozen wasteland in the winter, and a bug infested swampy hellhole in the summer, which I guarantee you is nice to look at from the air, but you would not want to go camping there.
Besides, with all the evironmental regs out there regarding drilling and production, the operations could be safe and clean, all while providing good jobs and oil for the US.

BurlyShirley

Rex Grossman Will Rise Again
Jul 4, 2002
TN
Originally posted by T-Dog
Iworked in the oilfields in prudhoe bay, in the late 80's.....the caribou could care less about the pipelines and pads....they hang out under the pipeline for shade (no trees). We had to make special crossing areas on the roads for them, and I never saw one cross there....they just jam over any spot they want. The wildlife is more bothered by insects there than people. And ANWR, that beautiful, pristine wilderness that must be preserved? It's a frozen wasteland in the winter, and a bug infested swampy hellhole in the summer, which I guarantee you is nice to look at from the air, but you would not want to go camping there.
Besides, with all the evironmental regs out there regarding drilling and production, the operations could be safe and clean, all while providing good jobs and oil for the US.
sweet.

that's actually alot of what Ive heard, but you know...some people just hate the concept of drilling for oil in any situation. I say go for it. Whats the worst that could happen? Even if the caribou or the spotted owl do go extinct...then what...I still go to work the next day. I still have to wear pants. Nothing changes.

pnj

Turbo Monkey till the fat lady sings
Aug 14, 2002
seattle
sweet.

Even if the caribou or the spotted owl do go extinct...then what...I still go to work the next day. I still have to wear pants. Nothing changes.
don't you mean 'panties'?
:p

T-Dog

Monkey
Feb 18, 2004
sweet.

that's actually alot of what Ive heard, but you know...some people just hate the concept of drilling for oil in any situation. I say go for it. Whats the worst that could happen? Even if the caribou or the spotted owl do go extinct...then what...I still go to work the next day. I still have to wear pants. Nothing changes.
Well, I have to disagree with you on that. I would hate to see the Caribou and Spotted disappear...they're so fun to hunt and tasty, too!