Quantcast

Young pinner

primo661

Monkey
Jun 16, 2008
Pietermaritzburg, South Africa
After all the press coverage of Neko and Troy over the last few months, I thought they were flukes, turns out us South Africans have one of our own.

A bit of history, 17 year old Tim Bentley has always been talented on a bike, landing his first backflip, first attempt, just after he turned 13, on his downhill bike.

Since then he hasn't slowed down, working his way up well into the top 3 freestyle bmxers in the country, after only riding bmx for 8months by my count.

On to the gravity scene, he's been ripping it up the last few years. He really started opening eyes when he was challenging for the provincial overall at 15, on an old Morewood Prim8. Last year, aged 16, he won the overall provincial points series. This year he's leading the national points series with a second place behind Greg Minnaar in the first race and his first win a few weeks ago, blowing the elites away. With other results including a win over Greg and another second place behind him at two of our provincials this year.

Take a look at his blog http://timbentleyracing.blogspot.com/

Is it just me or do we have some pinners coming up or what?

Last edited: