Quantcast

Your County Owned Dirt Jumps

FCLinder

Turbo Monkey
Mar 6, 2002
Greenville, South Carolina
Guy’s I am looking for info you may have on your County Owned Dirt Jump Area’s. I am sitting down with our County Parks and Recreation guys next Monday to propose a local area for DJ’s here in Greenville SC. They already want to do this, but I am looking for extra info or things I have not thought about yet. We are looking to getabout 2 to 3 acres of area to build on, free dirt, and equipment to build with. I know there are also legal issues we have to talk about too, like Signs saying ride at you own risk and wear your helmet. I do plan to design safe jumps and no big gap jumps. I am thinking the biggest jump line may have 5 foot high jumps and be all table tops. You get where I am going with this. What I really need is info on how you got your area to build on, the things you had to deal with, the legal issues you had, and etc.

Thanks, for your help,
Cecil

MTB_Rob_NC

What do I have to do to get you in this car TODAY?
Nov 15, 2002
Charlotte, NC
Valerie.naylor at dep.state.fl.us

She is the OGT (Office of Greenways and Trails) trail coordinator for Santos. (IMBA's latest darling project). She is a mountain biker 1st, and should be a wealth of info.

mandown

Poopdeck Repost
Jun 1, 2004
Transylvania 90210
i would check with rays indoor bike park http://www.raysmtb.com

i know they are not county owned, but they probably had many similar issues with required signage and design. they were probably quite aware of the legal consequences of building stunts for use by the public.