Quantcast

Your Favorite 2.2-2.35 tire

WestRider7

Chimp
Feb 19, 2006
Boise
I'm trying to lighten up my SX trail a little for the local trail ride and some jumping. What tires are you guys rockin in this size for good grip and weight.

mandown

Poopdeck Repost
Jun 1, 2004
Transylvania 90210
what tires are you on now? i am running 2.4 hollyrollers and i like them. they grip better than you think they would in the dirt. i have gone with the panaracer FR too. i like those.

Dirty

i said change it damn it....Janet...Slut!!
Aug 3, 2003
Larsen TT 2.35s are pretty sweet for some hardpacked trails and what not.

WestRider7

Chimp
Feb 19, 2006
Boise
BIGHIT756 said:
well.....i would say the tires that came on it were awesome....but ig uess you are looking to get rid of them...so ya....minions. those are awesome.
I don't get rid of anything. I just wanted to shed a pound or two off the bike for trail riding and the 2ply tires and big tubes can go pretty easy for lighter riding. I have a 2.35 Minion/high roller combo on my other enduro that I like. Anyone try the Michelin 2.2 Mountain extreme?

rigidhack

Turbo Monkey
Aug 16, 2004
In a Van(couver) down by the river
WestRider7 said:
I don't get rid of anything. I just wanted to shed a pound or two off the bike for trail riding and the 2ply tires and big tubes can go pretty easy for lighter riding. I have a 2.35 Minion/high roller combo on my other enduro that I like. Anyone try the Michelin 2.2 Mountain extreme?
Suspect Device has the Michelin MTX's and loves 'em. Another guy I ride with bought them and ditched them 2 rides later. They seem like a love it or hate it sort of thing. I like Nevegals since they do well in all conditions.

habitatxskate

blah blah blah
Mar 22, 2005
just got a new hollyroller 2.5 in rear..its nice, though weight doesnt concern me..my faith is 55pds

bent^biker

Turbo Monkey
Feb 22, 2006
pdx
i run the high rollers....the front is a little squirrly on the rocky but the back digs in nice

pdawg

Monkey
Feb 27, 2006
Espoo, Finland
Nokian NBX 2.3's work fine for the conditions here in Finland which can be quite wet and muddy. The tires use a dual compound 50/60A that hooks up well. Also, quite light at about 680g for the foldable version.

-pdawg

Ascentrek

Monkey
Jul 17, 2003
Golden, CO
Maxxis Minion DH F and DH R are awesome.

You can run them at super low air pressures and they stick to everything.

Do NOT get Nevegals. I've had a pair, my friends all bought their bikes with them and have since thrown them away.
-they take insane air pressure to keep from pinch flatting
-anyone claiming they're great haven't ridden much of anything else.

I personally like the Maxxis 2.5 Minions. They've had the best hook up of any tire... on the heavy side though.

Monkeybidnezz

Turbo Monkey
Dec 16, 2003
Pac NW
Ascentrek said:
Do NOT get Nevegals. I've had a pair, my friends all bought their bikes with them and have since thrown them away.
-they take insane air pressure to keep from pinch flatting
-anyone claiming they're great haven't ridden much of anything else.

QUOTE]

I don't know about CO since I haven't ridden there, but here in the NW and northern CA the Nevegals rock. They are great for wet roots and loose dirt. I've run just about every tire out there including all of the Maxxis offerings so I know my stuff. Maxxis tires are great as well, but I hate the fact that they don't wear particularlly well and the knobs tend to tear off way too easily. Saying people who like Nevegals haven't ridden much else is inaccurate in this case as I have a lot of experience as I'm a tire whore as well as a lot of my buds teammates who swear by them. It's all about conditions, and here in the NW the Nevegals rock.