Quantcast

Your Full Suspension Cross Country Set-ups - let's See em

Westy

the teste
Nov 22, 2002
Sleazattle
The Toninator said:
i used to be totally anti 100 but seems to be the wave of the future. I just bought a new 80mm fox so i didnt want to have to drop another $600 on a new fork.
Anymore I see little weight diff between 80 and 100 and with an air fork you can set up a 100 to act like an 80 if you don't want the extra dive/bob so I soo no point in the 80 any more.

Westy

the teste
Nov 22, 2002
Sleazattle
The Toninator said:
yea neither does the bike for fork industry.
but anyhoo i've heard good things about the x100 and the HH100 i dont think you'd go wrong with one.
I'm going to ride my Superlight until she dies, them probably get another Superlight. The Racer-X just helps me pass hours at work daydreaming about bikes I can not afford.

Darkreaper

Monkey
Sep 26, 2004
Away in the head
She rides rather well, really :D The front linkage is a bit strange under braking, with a fair bit of dive unfortunately - but maybe I need to adjust the shock pressures a bit. My old hardtail's fork was so soft that it dove as well so I'm sorta used to it :rolleyes:

I just love full sus!

Wumpus

makes avatars better
Dec 25, 2003
Six Shooter Junction

Jamis Dakar Frame w/float R
120 mm Marathon S(coil)
Full XT
Magura Louise Brakes
Thomson post and stem, Titec bars
Wheels will be Hope bulbs w/519(r) and 317(f) -- current rear off the Banshee and front from Loco.

mcgowanc

Monkey
Jan 22, 2004
Boulder CO
genpowell71 said:
How does that Id ride? I'm trying to gauge if I want to spend the money on an Ellsworth.
I love how it rides. Its def a bit heavier (like 5 lbs) than my yeti -- but its much fun. The rear is nice and solid - so it descends quite nicely :)

mcgowanc

Monkey
Jan 22, 2004
Boulder CO
douglas said:
Hey, whats new?

the mud on your ID looks familiar!
hahahha yes ... that's a lil pueblo mud there!! Not toooo much is new ... gots a new xc bike --- soooo light :) Just workin and try to bike - but it seems work is always too much and bike is toooo little :(

You goin to Dalton?

Acadian

Born Again Newbie
Sep 5, 2001
Blah Blah and Blah
Carbon Fetish said:
Sweet 5 Spot. Is that the new X.O. rear derailleur? Luc, I need to get you on some Crank Brothers stuff.
Thanks Jerry...love that bike to death!! just so much fun to ride...

yeah...Pre-Production X.0 triggers and new X.0 Derailleur.

Get me some of those new CB Flat pedals once they come out :sneaky: :thumb:

ubermick

Chimp
Aug 19, 2004
Marin Co.
Two of the three greatest things I ever got from California - my Turner, and a case o' Fat Tire! (The third is my fiance!) Specs are...

2004 Black Turner Burner with Swinger 3-Way (anyone got a 6.5 x 1.5 RP3 for sale?! :)) and...

* Fork: RS Reba Team U-Turn with the poploc doodad
* Brakes: Hope Mono Minis
* Cranks: Race Face Turbine LPs (Love these things!)
* Headset: CK (Not Calvin Klein, the other CK)
* Shifters: SRAM X.9
* Front Derailleur: SRAM XGen
* Rear Derailleur: SRAM X.0
* Pedals: Crank Bros Candy SLs
* Stem: Thomson Elite
* Handlebar: Monkey Lite XC carbon, with Odi Lock Ons and Cane Creek Ergo bar ends
* Seatpost: Thomson Elite
* Saddle: WTB Devo Ti
* Wheels: Velocity VXC rims laced to DT Hugi 240s with Airborne 6-4 skewers

Weight's about 25.5lbs, with pedals, give or take a couple of ounces. (I had to adopt the home weight method approach of weighing myself, then weighing myself holding the bike, and working out the difference!)

magimerlin

Chimp
Feb 15, 2006
Houston, Tx
Pretty much a stock 04 Jamis Dakar XC Comp. I added a 05 minute 3 with 130mm travel, but thats really about it. She's alittle dirty. Oh and the fender, it's saved my eyeballs on many occasions. With out it even with my usual riding glasses on I use to get everything in my eyes. So wet and muddy rides it goes on, but usually it is off.

BIRDMAN111

Turbo Monkey
Jan 28, 2006
at school dreaming about trails
JAMIS DAKAR - either the XLT series or the XC series
i have the XLT and it is AWSOME. there really no noticable pedal bob. there is 5" of travel in the rear. it soaks up the little stuff and the large stuff. you can use it for everything but it still performs perfectly for xc. if you want a good bike buy this one.

maxyedor

<b>TOOL PRO</b>
Oct 20, 2005
In the bathroom, fighting a battle
Best XC bike ever. Yeti 575 with Float130 RLC fork. X-Max XL wheels, X.O drivetrain SDG seat and post and some raceface bits here and there.

Don't forget the best brake ever. Magura Louise. Juicy7 carbons be damned thes rule all.:D