Quantcast

Your mounts

northshorerat

Monkey
Oct 7, 2001
Originally posted by Slowpoke
Your an idiot k?

no, seriously. what is so amazing about a run of the mill, everyday Kona stab primo. your ****tin your pants over the one of the most common bikes in production.

freerider215

Chimp
Jul 27, 2003
First of all it's not a "stab primo", it's a stinky primo and it is not average. It has Dangerboy upgraded linkage plates. And the complete bike is nothing like the stock stinky primo.

northshorerat

Monkey
Oct 7, 2001
wow, so you say its a stinky. Well that makes it about as common as dirt.
congrats you sheep.

go start a club so you can jerk-off over each others kona's

mcA896

Turbo Monkey
Aug 15, 2003
Cape Cod, MA
the thread said to post his ride, so he did. so what if its a kona stinky? the only reason kona stinkys are so common is because they are kick ass freeride bikes. especially that one. you didnt even post a picture so quit givin him flak about his.

Mattoid

Monkey
Aug 3, 2003
Charlottesville, Virginia
that stinky is awesome, nice job on the build.

northshorerat... your a jack ass... Vash told me your dumb

Heres my rocky mountain flow... hopefully its not to common for some people...;)

boostindoubles

Nacho Libre
Mar 16, 2004
Yakistan
nice rides ppl....if i can hook up a digi cam i'll get mine up as well.

btw....northshorerat has got some serious issues. or maybe hes just drunk. i dunno, maybe hes smoking some violent weed. but regardles the guy needs to chill out.

dromond

Monkey
Aug 20, 2002
Northampton, MA
Originally posted by Mattoid
dude thats awesome! I had always thought it would be cool to mount an hs33 to a bmx, but yours is the first ive seen!:cool:
I got the idea from a friend in nz who was running one on his old Hoffman Condor (what a sweet bike that was!) To mount the Magura you need to flip the mount around, file it out a little bit to fit the brake posts, and in my case file the cranks a bit (on the nonstructural end of the pedal bosses) and space them out. I also put the booster on the "wrong" end and ditched the quick release mechanism for a regular bolt. With a light trials-style grind it locks up unbelievably well, and I still have enough modulation for manuals. Much prefered to disk brakes for street riding.

I highly reccomend this to all the mtb'ers who can't stand the nonfunctional state of U-brakes and don't want to weld V-brake mounts onto their frame. Of course the performance is much better than with a V-brake, too. Just make sure than you get a bar with the narrowest crossbrace possible because the lever's a little long.

dromond

Monkey
Aug 20, 2002
Northampton, MA
Originally posted by Changleen
Pure genius! I love it! (On my way to the tool shed..)
Hah! Good to hear it. Ghetto-rigimafying is fun :)

The trickiest part is getting the calipers to fit in between the cranks, as they're pretty wide. The easiest way to do it is just space out the cranks at the BB, but if you are too lazy to go out and find spacers (such as myself) you'll dial the pads all the way into the caliper half thingies and carefully bolt them into the adapter as close to the rim as possible, thus sticking out the least. As you can see mine are all scraped up from testing. Definitely easier to just use some spacers. I actually put spacers between my drive side crank arm and chainwheel at the BB and chainrings bolt points so as to space out the crank but not mess up the chainline. Works like a charm! :D