Quantcast

Your my boy blue!

rpk1988

Dec 6, 2004
Maryland
I picked up the frame a couple weeks ago and finally got all the parts in to make the switch from my Judge. Hopefully going to hit up Diablo next weekend.

S.K.C.

Turbo Monkey
Feb 28, 2005
Pa. / North Jersey
I've ridden with Yuroshek (it's me - the guy on the white Sunday - don't want to use my real name - supermodels stalk me... you know how it is :biggrin:) and can tell you that not only does he rip, but he also runs Michi UST tubeless on Mavic EX823's... and it's pretty rocky at Diablo. The trail Deceit is pure hell all the way down if your trying to hit it at race speed.

Not a bad combo, so I'm guessing his ride is a bit lighter by about 2 lbs.

...thinking of switching to a full-on Mavic-UST setup next year, but I'm afraid if I run a Michi Comp 32 up front and a Maxxis Minion DHF UST rear, the earth would reverse it's rotation...

:biggrin:

rpk1988

Dec 6, 2004
Maryland
Nice ride! Mine comes in at 44 lbs. right now. I plan to upgrade the wheels at some point so that should knock down the weight some.

S.K.C.

Turbo Monkey
Feb 28, 2005
Pa. / North Jersey
skcccc what up dude u ridin tomorrow?

btw my bike weighs in at 42.5 with the big ass tire up front
Meh - I'm phuckin' stuck here in PA. with a boatload of work to catch up on - I should be back at Diablo Sept. 27th though...

What is the rolling resistance like on the bike with the 32 up front vs. the Comp 16? (I couldn't tell b/c it was sooo worn down but your old treads were a Comp 16 front and a cut Comp 24 rear right?)

Just curious...

yuroshek

Turbo Monkey
Jun 26, 2007
Arizona!
i dont really notice much with the 32 up front. i posted my fastest time on alpine with it on there so to me doesnt make a difference. it really excels in the rocks tho. seriously eats everything up its great for diablo.