Quantcast

Your New Years Progressolutions?

Dirtjumper999

Turbo Monkey
Feb 13, 2005
Charlotte, NC
So within my group of friends we each made our new years resolutions for riding... or as I like to call, our Progressolutions.
I have some things I'd like to dial/learn this year.

Learn:
Tailwhips
Barspins
540s
Invert 360

Dial:
Dumped 360s
Table Can Cans
Table Nac Nacs
Euro Tables

What do you want to learn this year?

TortugaTonta

Monkey
Aug 27, 2008
Build and ride a shark fin at my trails, thats my only goal. Well, and to ride for another year, I can't believe I will be 42 this year

pnj

Turbo Monkey till the fat lady sings
Aug 14, 2002
seattle
I'm with the other old guys.

I just want to not break myself off and spend as much time as I can in the air.

Mr Tiles

I'm a beer snob
Nov 10, 2003
L-town ya'll
I've done absolutely nothing. thought about riding a lot though. some under radar street sessions have gone down and I did land a hop 3 sans being sketchy. I'm pretty happy with that.

demo 9

Turbo Monkey
Jan 31, 2007
north jersey
I shifted my focus mostly towards DH, i want to repeat at the us open and re-gain my old DJ skills, that have sat in the closet dusty for a year or two

TortugaTonta

Monkey
Aug 27, 2008
You are an inspiration to me. I really hope I will take good enough care of my body to be able to ride well into my 60s if I see fit.
My best advice, even though it sounds gay and stupid, is to do yoga every day. A girlfriend got me into it and I quit for a while because I was allways to sore from digging and rideing but I am back doing it every day and it really helps. All the digging and riding works the big muscles but as you get older the little muscles get weak and you don't have a strong platform. Yoga keeps the little muscles strong and limber, you will find muscles that get sore that you didn't even know you had.

As much as you feel like a retard when you first start doing yoga it really does make your body feel a lot better.
I wish I started doing it 10 years ago and thats no joke.

This is one of my inspirations. . .

Dirtjumper999

Turbo Monkey
Feb 13, 2005
Charlotte, NC
My best advice, even though it sounds gay and stupid, is to do yoga every day. A girlfriend got me into it and I quit for a while because I was allways to sore from digging and rideing but I am back doing it every day and it really helps. All the digging and riding works the big muscles but as you get older the little muscles get weak and you don't have a strong platform. Yoga keeps the little muscles strong and limber, you will find muscles that get sore that you didn't even know you had.

As much as you feel like a retard when you first start doing yoga it really does make your body feel a lot better.
I wish I started doing it 10 years ago and thats no joke.
Really uncanny that you say that. I just started doing yoga yesterday for the very same reason. I just turned 23 a few weeks ago and I got a tie as a gift... so it got me thinking "is 23 the age when you start gettign ties, wallets, and belts for your birthday..." Which of course got me thinking about how young I really am, which lead to preserving my young body for as long as possible.... and yoga. lol

sealclubber

Monkey
Nov 21, 2007
dang im 23 and feel like im gettin on with the old crew. tired of getting hurt, i just wanna shred jumps as much as i can. done progressing basically

nyhc00

Monkey
Jul 19, 2010
CT
Well in that case, I'd love for makers mark to fly out of my nipples and into a nice iced up tumbler.
You're just asking for me to be on your nipples then, cheeky bastard.

This year will be a succes trail wise if I can learn a proper turndown. Main problem being is I'm a lazy rider trick wise. I feel fairly competent in myself as far as riding goes, I just don't think of doing tricks because riding to me is so much fun already.

FR4life.

Monkey
Nov 2, 2004
The Bay
Above all, stay in one piece. I would also love to be able to do good turndowns.. I just cant extend my legs all the way, or so it seems. Also tailwhips, backflips, hop barspins and barspins on dirt. Oh yeah and 3 cans and 3 tbogs. If I could learn all these tricks this year without any serious injuries I will be thoroughly impressed and content with myself. (knock on wood)

v-digit

Turbo Monkey
Apr 3, 2006
Brooklyn, NY
i want to relearn rolling barspins off curbs and i would like to be able to do doubles bigger then 5 feet in distance.

that is all.