Quantcast

Your papers, please!

RhinofromWA

Brevity R Us
Aug 16, 2001
Lynnwood, WA
Silver said:
Yeah, but why was he arrested for delaying the investigation?

Didn't provide ID, right?

(For the record, I did watch the video a couple of months ago, and thought that both parties were acted like asses. The cowboy especially.)
I rewatched it (subtitled as I don't have sound) and he flat out refused to give any info to the cop arriving on the scene investigating reported domestic violence. The rancher was uncooperative to the fullest. The cop couldn't get past hello with the rancher. Yeah he didn't show ID...that was the ranchers doing....he chose to take a stand there. *shrug* Why I don't know. He didn't know why he was being asked for ID I guess....he was told the cop was investigating something.

Still the Rancher kept going back to "being parked OK" and "minding his own business." None of that the cop was mentioning. Not exactly acting "sober" but there was no reports of alchohal :D

He was uncooperative and said take himto jail 'cuz I aint talking.....so teh cop did. Weird stuff.

Silver

find me a tampon
Jul 20, 2002
Orange County, CA
RhinofromWA said:
I rewatched it (subtitled as I don't have sound) and he flat out refused to give any info to the cop arriving on the scene investigating reported domestic violence. The rancher was uncooperative to the fullest. The cop couldn't get past hello with the rancher. Yeah he didn't show ID...that was the ranchers doing....he chose to take a stand there. *shrug* Why I don't know. He didn't know why he was being asked for ID I guess....he was told the cop was investigating something.

Still the Rancher kept going back to "being parked OK" and "minding his own business." None of that the cop was mentioning. Not exactly acting "sober" but there was no reports of alchohal :D

He was uncooperative and said take himto jail 'cuz I aint talking.....so teh cop did. Weird stuff.
I know. I agree that the Rancher was acting like a dick. However, he isn't compelled to do the cops job for him. You don't HAVE to talk to the cops. If he didn't want to talk, what he should have done is kept his mouth shut entirely. All he did was piss off the cop and help escalate the situation.

RhinofromWA

Brevity R Us
Aug 16, 2001
Lynnwood, WA
Silver said:
I know. I agree that the Rancher was acting like a dick. However, he isn't compelled to do the cops job for him. You don't HAVE to talk to the cops. If he didn't want to talk, what he should have done is kept his mouth shut entirely. All he did was piss off the cop and help escalate the situation.
but in keeping his mouth shut....he stalled any effort the cop made and delayed an investigation, neccessitating the arrest.

If he just let the cop know who he was just by telling him....I bet the stop would have gone better. I hate "what if's" ...sorry. Refraining from handing over ID or answering a cops direct question is different than not doing the cops job, is it? The cop was running an investigation, asked to see the man's ID, he refused to cooperate impeeding the investigation, he was cuffed and went to jail. He wasn't arrested for not having ID.

I guess if the rancher really didn't want to help the cop, the cop then can cuff him and take him to jail to run his finger prints (or run the plates on the truck there)....ooops he did :D lol

LordOpie

MOTHER HEN
Oct 17, 2002
Denver
thing is, the cop was there to investigate the rancher. The report was that he was having a dispute with someone, so he was the suspect.

RhinofromWA

Brevity R Us
Aug 16, 2001
Lynnwood, WA
LordOpie said:
thing is, the cop was there to investigate the rancher. The report was that he was having a dispute with someone, so he was the suspect.
Says the Rancher didn't know that at the time....on his website. :rolleyes: Didn't know someone reported him.

Would giving a police man your ID, even under investgation, be bad? I don't get it.....how does not letting the officer know who you are help your chances in an investigation?

or was that not directed at me? :o:

LordOpie

MOTHER HEN
Oct 17, 2002
Denver
RhinofromWA said:
Says the Rancher didn't know that at the time....on his website. :rolleyes: Didn't know someone reported him.

Would giving a police man your ID, even under investgation, be bad? I don't get it.....how does not letting the officer know who you are help your chances in an investigation?

or was that not directed at me? :o:
"The nature of peoples is first crude, then severe, then benign, then delicate, finally dissolute."
**—Giambattista Vico

RhinofromWA

Brevity R Us
Aug 16, 2001
Lynnwood, WA
LordOpie said:
"The nature of peoples is first crude, then severe, then benign, then delicate, finally dissolute."
**—Giambattista Vico
"If men were angels, there would be no need for laws" ~ James Madison (founding father of our country)

WTF! I am sorry I am so dense but WTH was that quote for LO :D