Quantcast

Your ride for 2007

nanhar

Monkey
Dec 7, 2004
Riverside, CA
So Mud Hunnies, show us your rides for 2007!!!

Post your pics and tell of your awesome adventures with your latest partner(s) (bikes, of course). :D

amydalayna

Turbo Monkey
Aug 16, 2005
south lake tahoe, ca
your socum is very very lovely. i'm envious.

for 2007 i will now have to rebuild up my trail bike. this past saturday my Giant VT flew off of the roof rack in the highway. expensive day.

nanhar

Monkey
Dec 7, 2004
Riverside, CA
your socum is very very lovely. i'm envious.

for 2007 i will now have to rebuild up my trail bike. this past saturday my Giant VT flew off of the roof rack in the highway. expensive day.
So sorry to hear that. I had that happen once on the freeway years ago, but the bike was still rideable.

amydalayna

Turbo Monkey
Aug 16, 2005
south lake tahoe, ca
So sorry to hear that. I had that happen once on the freeway years ago, but the bike was still rideable.
yeah, sucks.. but at least it didn't hurt anyone. it's just a financial burden and i was so close to the demo forest. was looking forward to riding there.

when are you going to get to ride your new bike? it's sexy.

what's the weight?

nanhar

Monkey
Dec 7, 2004
Riverside, CA
I rode/raced it for the first time at Fontana 2 weekends ago. I haven't gotten to officially weigh it yet. We are guessing 37-38 lbs. :banana:

thePINKster

Monkey
Jan 31, 2006
bay area, Cali
you're socom is pretty.:cupidarrow:

sad to say i don't know if i'll be riding for any bike companies yet, so i'll probably see out the 2007 season on my trusty intense's!

they're my babies so it's not a loss at all

TreeSaw

Mama Monkey
Oct 30, 2003
Dancin' over rocks n' roots!
Nice socom!!!

Amy - I am SO sorry to hear about your bike! Did you check with your insurance company and see if it's covered?

I am hoping to get a new XC bike this year, but we'll see.

Jane

Chimp
May 9, 2003
People's Republic of Golden
Awesome bike! Congrats!

Hubby got a new Intense yesterday. Unfortunately we have way too much snow on the ground to ride this winter. So the new bike gets to lounge in the living room, shiny and unridden, until we get a heat wave (or we get tired of waiting for spring and plan a road trip).

This is my year for a new cross-country bike and I'm planning on a Blur XC.

zoey

Monkey
Mar 19, 2006
california

This is my boyfriends Cheeta. I borrowed it to ride the bmx track and now I am in love with it. It's so fun to jump!

This is the Cheeta in action. It's such a great bike!

VT Mtbkr

Monkey
Oct 3, 2003
Richmond, Virginia
Nancy your bike is beautiful! You don't need a cross-country bike anymore...that thing seems to pedal so well. I just got a new one as well-a small Sunday. Hopefully it will be here by the next Fontucky...
Congrats on the Sunday!! I be curious about the fit of the Sunday. That's one of the bikes I'm considering for next year but I'm afraid the small will still be too big.

DH Diva

Wonderwoman
Jun 12, 2002
My '07 babies will be:

Foes 2:1 FXR
Foes 2:1 XCT4 w/Curnutt Air

I will post pics of the FXR when I have a chance to take some, and the XCT is going to be ordered soon so I'll post pics when she arrives! 2007 is going to be lots of fun!

Oct 21, 2006
Lynden, WA
Hey, I've been watchin this forum for awhile and thought I'd post for once. My hubby let me get another bike, of course it's 'our' new bike. Thank goodness we both have are own already. We've got full suspention, but have really wanted a hardtail for awhile. So here's my, I mean 'our' new ride, a Diamondback Assault. We paid $250 for it, good deal and lots of fun if the weather ever improves. Good luck in the PNW, hey? But I am stoked to take it out to Galby and checker' out.

By the way, anyone going to Galby in B'ham, WA that wants to ride with an unexperienced rider, that being me....

elf 232

fewchur serjin
Jan 5, 2007
Im in your head
Hey, I've been watchin this forum for awhile and thought I'd post for once. My hubby let me get another bike, of course it's 'our' new bike. Thank goodness we both have are own already. We've got full suspention, but have really wanted a hardtail for awhile. So here's my, I mean 'our' new ride, a Diamondback Assault. We paid $250 for it, good deal and lots of fun if the weather ever improves. Good luck in the PNW, hey? But I am stoked to take it out to Galby and checker' out.

By the way, anyone going to Galby in B'ham, WA that wants to ride with an unexperienced rider, that being me....
lol you talk about wanting a hardtail like some couples talk about wanting a child!

mohshee

Monkey
Jan 31, 2006
MD by way of Austin, TX
My new ride for 2007 is becoming more and more tangible... I'm jumping on the Bottlerocket bandwagon, personally. I got myself on the order list today and should get my new frame in about a month....countdown!!! (I guess the raw aluminum ones are available in a week, but I'm holding out for the pink powdercoat! -- Funny, I am soo not a pink person, really, but I can picture owning that pink Bottlerocket easily). I hope to have it built up for my first race of the season.

redFoxx

Monkey
Apr 15, 2005
Seattle
My new ride for 2007 is becoming more and more tangible... I'm jumping on the Bottlerocket bandwagon, personally. I got myself on the order list today and should get my new frame in about a month....countdown!!! (I guess the raw aluminum ones are available in a week, but I'm holding out for the pink powdercoat! -- Funny, I am soo not a pink person, really, but I can picture owning that pink Bottlerocket easily). I hope to have it built up for my first race of the season.
Cool! Yeah I'm with you on the pink thing in general, but I saw these two kids at our local Flow Park and they both had Bottle Rockets. One had the pink and one had some kind of lavender. Man, they looked really nice and sparkly! Glad to see the boys going for them colors also...:clapping: I don't know why folks like the Raw so much... to me that is just so dull.

mohshee

Monkey
Jan 31, 2006
MD by way of Austin, TX
I'm just so pumped! I've been riding a sort of hand-me-down from the hubby (a slightly big, really beefy Banshee Chaparral). It's been good to me, for the most part, but I am ready to start the season off on my own bike.

mohshee

Monkey
Jan 31, 2006
MD by way of Austin, TX
Good call Mohshee! I got my Bottlerocket about a month ago and OOOOO DO I love it!!! I just want to be out riding it every day! What components are you putting on it?

check out this thread for some BR pics, personally, I like the pink, but love the way the black one looks...
http://forums.mtbr.com/showthread.php?t=259050
Right now, I am planning a on Fox 36 Talas fork (from my old ride), and the rear Fox DHX Air shock. Other parts will come from my old ride. I'm not sure what wheelset I want yet, though.

I'm setting mine up for a DH/freeride bike too. But I've been told it's not horrible as a trail bike. (Just in time for my debut as an Expert DHer -- what have I gotten myself in for :crazy: ???)

The black frame is pretty hot, but that pink one....Well, it's pink for one. And it has like this bad*ss girl vibe going on ;)

mohshee

Monkey
Jan 31, 2006
MD by way of Austin, TX
nice singlespeed! That's awesome! I've been smitten with my hubby's Kona Unit 29er, personally.

Yes! -- I did get my BottleRocket friday!!!!!! It is sooooo pretty!!! I have to wait on a new reducing (1.5 -> 1 1/8") headset, before I can finish it. I hope to have it built up later this week!!!!! I'll post picts soon!

SuperKat

Monkey
Jul 3, 2005
New York
Hi Ladies:

Been studying...Sorry I haven't been around for more chats.
Anyway, here's the new ride for 2007. If you see me at Diablo please say hello.

Kat

Attachments

SuperKat

Monkey
Jul 3, 2005
New York
Yup, I went for the V10. Small frame, weighs in at about 41 pounds. It's still brand new sitting in my living room. I can't wait to take it out.