Quantcast

Your Top 3 Main Courses

Changleen

Paranoid Member
Jan 9, 2004
Hypernormality
Include Main, Beverage and Location if you like.

1) Finely sliced seared but raw fillet steak, mixed with asian dressed herb leaf and rocket salad. (No Iceberg and the salad should be 50%+ not leaf so cherry tomatoes, spring onion, bell pepper, radish, beensprouts, cucumber etc.) Premium Lager, such as Stella. At home in Spring.

2) Peking Duck with cucumber and spring onion in pancakes with hoi sin and plum sauce. Good light Pinot Noir. In an expensive Chinese place downtown on Friday night.

3) Salmon Sashimi with a dipping sauce of mixed soy and wasabi, followed by chicken or beef teriyaki in a medium strength miso soup and udon noodles, heavily garnished with all the regular Japanese stuff. Green tea, sparkling water or premium lager depending on the day of the week and if I have any important meetings. Lunch time on a workday.

OGRipper

back alley ripper
Feb 3, 2004
NORCAL is the hizzle
Top three is hard, here are some recent and random tasty bites:

Crispy corn and lobster ravioli with chantrelles and favas, one of many courses in a recent splurge meal.

Raw scallop with fennel, apple, and orange salad at Bar Crudo in SF.

Grilled pork and imperial rolls over cold rice noodle with vegetables at a lunch time Vietnamese joint.

Wild salmon carpaccio at Nopa in SF.

biggins

Rump Junkie
May 18, 2003
puerco pebil with some thick hearty red wine with lots of spice
big fat burger and a nice brown ale
stuffed pork chops

Ciaran

Fear my banana
Apr 5, 2004
So Cal
For me the best of the best is simple, always very simple...

A nice FRESH lobster, about 1 lb, maybe a tad less, boiled to perfection with a little clarified butter. Beverage: Guinness

Grass fed, free range fillet that was on the hoof less than 24 hours ago, grilled rare. Very rare. Maybe a little pepper. Beverage: Guinness

King salmon caught on a rod and reel from the Copper River. No more than 10 hours from the water if it's packed on ice, no more than 2 hours if not. Grilled with a touch of butter, and maybe some fresh rosemary. (Trout is a close second because it is a very delicate, yet very flavorful white flesh, fresh water fish :drool:)

And a close fourth and inspired by Biggins' post... A nice big fat juicy burger. Med Rare, made with ground sirloin... with a Guinness. :drool:

SkaredShtles

Michael Bolton
Sep 21, 2003
In a van.... down by the river
I only remember the top. And it was so far above the rest that they rank as rabble compared...........

Duck breast with some sort of strawberry reduction sauce. :drool: :drool: :drool: :drool: :drool: :drool:

Best entree ever.

Eaten in Sarzana, Italia in some little local joint of which I can't recall the name. :(

Nobody

Danforth Kitchen Whore
Sep 5, 2001
Toronto
Roast Potatoes in EVOO and salt and pepper with Roast Garlic and some other chit.

Fact is, there is no 'one' thing that is my 'favorite' as opposed to whatever I'm cooking at the time.

I like a lot of pasta dishes...