Quantcast

your typical ride?

GravityFreakTJ

leg shavin roadie
Jul 14, 2003
at a road race near you
i think being able to ride from the house is part of what started my road riding. ride the road bike from home thru the week and race mtb on the weekends. then after i migrated over to a road team it was back to loading up to go to teams rides. now that the racing has gone to the level of having a coach im back to riding from home by myself 90% of the time. it seems when you are on a strict training plan that group/team rides don't work out so well. so its back to me and my ipod and i'm ok with that ;)

LordOpie

MOTHER HEN
Oct 17, 2002
Denver
i think being able to ride from the house is part of what started my road riding.
besides being frustrated at getting hurt so much mtb'ing, that's the reason I turned roadie... it's nice to be able to ride from home.

I have no climbs near me, closest is 28 miles away. Since I'm out of shape, I'm only able to ride to the base of the climb. But next weekend, I'm gonna try to do the climb, but that puts me at about 65 miles round trip and right now, I'm struggling to do 55.

dhmike

Turbo Monkey
Dec 20, 2006
Boise Idaho
when i put in road work i usally leave from home, but dh i have to drive .good luck on your ride next week opie .

Serial Midget

Al Bundy
Jun 25, 2002
Fort of Rio Grande
Just about all my road bike ride start from my home. Where I live now I have to drive 18 miles for trail riding but those 18 miles end at Capitol Forest which is some of the best mtb trails in the state. Before I moved 90% of my mtn biking originated from my back door - I was less than 3 miles away many interconnected short trails.

jaydee

Monkey
Jul 5, 2001
Victoria BC
I live on top of a mountain with a 15%-23% grade and no flats to spin out on when I get there, and it sucks to finish every ride with a 200 heart rate. So I sometimes drive down to the bottom and ride from there.