Quantcast

You've got to let me know: Should I stay or should I go?

BurlyShirley

Rex Grossman Will Rise Again
Jul 4, 2002
TN
Ok,

Here's my latest issue. Some friends of mine are renting a place near campus with 6 bedrooms. I have been invited to move in, split the costs and all that stuff. This would reduce my rent and utilities by more than 50% which would really help out.
BUT, that means Id have to move out of my OWN place where I pay alot, but get all the privacy in the world. Sometimes, too much even. All the fellas are either MTBers or Climbers or something else like that, so I dont think incompatibilty is really an issue. What are your experiences in a situation like this? Seems like it'd be a blast to me, living in a house like that, but I could be dead wrong. I cant deny though, that it would make a helluva better party pad than my apartment.

Bah!

I dunno. Who else has done this?

MTB_Rob_NC

What do I have to do to get you in this car TODAY?
Nov 15, 2002
Charlotte, NC
Move in. That is what college life is all about. You will be regretting it if later on in life you do not have nasty roommate stories.

s1ngletrack

Monkey
Aug 17, 2004
Denver
I did it - it was absolute chaos - fortunately you have guns to scare off drunk and hungry roomates @ 2am when they come into your room looking for food. Give it a shot, if you aren't the type to freak out about actually having time to study, or having your food, etc.. stolen.

BurlyShirley

Jul 4, 2002
TN
johnbryanpeters said:
It works until you get real serious with a woman, at which point you find yet another place.

J
That's not on the agenda. :thumb:

I just want to ride bikes and fish and work at a camp in the summer. Nothing more for a while. Well, maybe drink some beers and chase women too, i guess.

BurlyShirley

Jul 4, 2002
TN
valve bouncer said:
You're used to living with a whole bunch of other men Shirley. What's the problem?
Well master dildoist, those werent friends or actual people for the most part. Those were toolbag idiots I was forced upon.

BurlySurly said:
That's not on the agenda. :thumb:

I just want to ride bikes and fish and work at a camp in the summer. Nothing more for a while. Well, maybe drink some beers and chase women too, i guess.
Waal, I was not aware that it was on my agenda, but situations develop and take on a life of their own, for good or for worse.

Roomates can be real good and real bad. If I had to make the decision today, I would opt for my own space if I could afford it.

Also, you need to consider your own degree of seriousness and discipline with regards to school - a party house is not really conducive to academic success.

J

BurlyShirley

Jul 4, 2002
TN
johnbryanpeters said:
Also, you need to consider your own degree of seriousness and discipline with regards to school - a party house is not really conducive to academic success.

J
That type of thing is negligable when you're a super genius like myself.

Craw

Monkey
Mar 17, 2002
I like living with other people. I'm in a house with 3 others. We're all out of school and working, but it's great.

We all have our own space. But someones always around to hang out if you're bored. I really don't think I would want to live by myself at this point. Maybe later on, but for now, I like having people around.

Skookum

bikey's is cool
Jul 26, 2002
in a bear cave
May as well do it, sounds like a bunch of guys that get out and do stuff, so it's easier to stay busy and have a good time. Plus eventually you'll get sick of it, then when you move out on your own, you'll appreciate it that much more....
Plus it's an opportunity to save some ducket for stuff.

DßR

They saw my bloomers
Feb 17, 2004
the DC
Definitely do it, dude. College roomies make the whole experience a TON more fun; the 4 other guys that I lived with in college are still my best friends even though we're kinda spread out now. I can't even imagine college without all the trouble we all got into, it would have been the boring-est 6 years of my life...:p

Toshi

Harbinger of Doom
Oct 23, 2001
do it. for the reasons that d-beta-r said. i still keep in touch with a couple of my old roommates, good people and many a good 2 am foosball game...

Skookum

bikey's is cool
Jul 26, 2002
in a bear cave
Toshi said:
do it. for the reasons that d-beta-r said. i still keep in touch with a couple of my old roommates, good people and many a good 2 am foosball game...
foosball eh?.... meh it's been too many years to challenge you hehe.....

Toshi

Harbinger of Doom
Oct 23, 2001
Skookum said:
foosball eh?.... meh it's been too many years to challenge you hehe.....
we should play sometime, i used to play a lot :D