Quantcast

YT Jeffsey/Capra Opinions (the price is right)

rockofullr

confused
Jun 11, 2009
East Bay, Cali
@jstuhlman

One of the best cornering bikes I've ridden and climbed like a champ from sea level at the SC factory up to the UCSU trails. Felt like it wanted to pop off of every rock and root. Didn't have the dreaded mid-stroke wallow that all the stupid upside down leverage ratio VPPs have, so I felt like I was actually going somewhere when I stood and smashed the pedals. Also didn't have the habit of getting hung up in stutter bumps that other VPP bikes tend to have.

Basically a mini V10. Fucking took them long enough. I suspect they spent the last 5 years trying to figure out how to fit a water bottle cage.

Would recommend

StiHacka

Compensating for something
Jan 4, 2013
In hell. Welcome!
@marshalolson
https://www.trailforks.com/region/innerleithen-527/
This should give you an idea. They're not the biggest hills but if you stick to the steeper trails and the more direct routes 4000ft+ to 10miles is fairly normal.
a lot of those steeper trails head from the top all the way down. it's just the trail names split them. Coz #STRAVA
I'm in SE Scotland. We have proper mountains in Scotland too. not local to me tho
Ah, not a true Scotsman then, a Lowlander. :busted:

djjohnr

Turbo Monkey
Apr 21, 2002
Northern California
I like fun playful bikes, which is why I've been riding mediums forever. But every time I hit mach silly I can feel that the bike is too small and every time I see a side shot of me riding my bike I think "fuck that bike is too small". So I think I'm gonna bite the bullet and get a large this time around.

Plus it seems like they run a bit smaller than most. The wheel base and reach numbers are pretty close to the med Nomad and I loved that bike when I rode it.
My buddy just got a large Nomad. Rear feels good. Cockpit feels shorter than my Delirium, you should be fine on a large.