Quantcast

Yt tues owners

Dirk77

Monkey
Feb 15, 2014
It seems like there's a few Yt tues owners on this forum. I've got a carbon comp on order, so i thought i would start a thread for owners to discuss the likes and dislikes and problems or reliability of the tues. And pics of course!

How are the bearings and pivot axles/ hardware holding up?

How does the sizing and geometry feel?

Customer service in America seems great. They've responded very quickly to my email messages. I bought a yt first love dj bike over a year ago and customer service was great then, dealing with what i thought was a rear hub issue. Turned out it was fine, but they were ready to ship me a new wheel. Thanks Howie!

I'm about 200/205 loaded up, what spring weight you guys think would work on the vivid r2c?

Carraig042

me 1st
Apr 5, 2011
East Tennessee
Congrats on the purchase, you will love it!

The fit on mine is spot on and the cockpit feel is similar to my old Demo. I love the geometry, the stays are shorter than what I am used to and even with the 27.5 wheels, it seems to corner better. The Tues has a very stable feel, almost like you have ridden on it for some time the first time down a trail. I have had several buddies try it out and none of them had a single bad thing to say.

I am about 5'9" and weight about 190 geared up. I use the 300 lbs spring on the Fox X2 shock I am running. So far the pivot bearings all seem good and look to be much larger in comparison to the '12 Demo I had before.

I had some real good experience with their service as well. I actually cracked the seat stay where the derailleur hanger sits in the frame. YT took very good care and sent me another one within a week and even paid for return shipping of the damaged part!!

Only negative thing is the tires for me which is an easy fix. I am not a fan of the HR2's especially up front. Wearing those out and gong to my trusty Minion DHF's or Bontrager G5's.

Feel the love

-Brett

W4S

Turbo Monkey
Mar 2, 2004
Back in Hell A, b1thces
I have the CF Pro with BOS suspension so don't have any Vivid recommendatons. I only have 2 runs on it to work on suspension settings so not much information yey but here's my initial impressions.
  • rides much like the capra but lower, longer, slacker, almost like if the capra was a DH bike. The suspenion is supple off the top and very progressive but doesnt feel like it's going to hang up on square edge hits unless you're already really deep in the travel. I'm pretty sure more shock tuning will help but it may never be as good as the DW link with CCDB Coil.
  • It doesnt feel like it has 208mm of travel, the DW DHR it replaced felt more plush but seemed to blow through travel easier, i think the YT will be easier to ride faster than the turner simply because it's 5lbs lighter.
  • the chainstays are only .1 inches shorter than the DHR but the front end comes up so much easier. could be due to suspension support but on steeper rockgardens was able to manual through holes that i used to have to pump into.
  • BOS forks are incredible. i mean really incredible. Im old and frail but i can see wanting to try pretty stupid stuff and letting the forks save me.
  • bike seems like it will be a good combination of poppy/plowy, it weighs 35 lbs and has 8+ inches of travel for christ sake.
  • finally going to be able to get some shuttle runs next weekend so can't wait to get more saddle time to see how it really feels
  • Aaron Gwin

Last edited:

Harry BarnOwl

Monkey
Jul 24, 2008
I had some real good experience with their service as well. I actually cracked the seat stay where the derailleur hanger sits in the frame. YT took very good care and sent me another one within a week and even paid for return shipping of the damaged part!!
Out of interest, is the new seat stay any different?

Dirk77

Monkey
Feb 15, 2014
Thanks for the feedback guys. Good mix of Poppy/plow, sweet!

I emailed yt to ask the specs on the yt2020 wheelset. They said it's identical to the dt swiss fr 1950 wheelset. Here's the specs from dt swiss website. Badass wheels!

FR 1950 CLASSIC

The FR 1950 Classic directly hails from the development factory that is the Downhill World Cup. The world’s wildest racers like Danny Hart and Brendan Fairclough have helped to develop this downhillers dream wheel: Thanks to its 27.5 mm inner width, 240s thru axle hubs and high quality build based on DT Competition spokes, it sprints out of the startgate and delivers right to the finish line.

Weight per set: 2020 g

Last edited: