Quantcast

Zero Tolerance > Common Sense

RenegadeRick

98th percentile on my SAT & all I got was this tin
Island fourth grader suspended for using broken pencil sharpener

It was obvious that the blade was the metal insert commonly found in a child's small, plastic pencil sharpener, the deputy noted.

The boy -- a fourth-grader described as a well-behaved and good student -- cried during the meeting with his mom, the deputy and the school's assistant principal.

He had no criminal intent in having the blade at school, the sheriff's report stated, but was suspended for at least two days and could face further disciplinary action.

District spokesman Randy Wall said school administrators are stuck in the precarious position between the district's zero tolerance policy against having weapons at school and common sense.

What a funking awesome use of taxpayer funds!

Samirol

Turbo Monkey
Jun 23, 2008
zero tolerance is such bull****, but where are they using taxpayer funds?

sanjuro

Tube Smuggler
Sep 13, 2004
SF
You know in prison, that tiny blade attacted to the pencil would make an excellent shank.

X3pilot

Texans fan - LOL
Aug 13, 2007
SoMD
zero tolerance is such bull****, but where are they using taxpayer funds?
I think Rick is referring to the school administrator salary (time) the deputy's time and the other time paid for to come up with stupid zero tolerance policies.

Zero tolerance policies take leadership, responsibility and accountability out of the hands of the people we pay to supposedly have those traits.

But I should talk, having served in a zero tolerance drug policy military..