Quantcast

Zip-line film of Ted's Backyard

SPINTECK

Turbo Monkey
Oct 16, 2005
abc
This is a vid I posted on my local site after Ted's party in PA. There were too many downloads for me to risk putting it on the Monkey in November, but bandwith should be good in december. I think I milked every ounce of footage I took that day. This was some work zip-line wise, so any comments/criticism are welcome. There are two interviews that I felt needed to be included because the two people really are positive influences for east coast guys. The interviews older guys can relate with and hopefully younger guys will get something to think about too. Enjoy.

This file is big 132mb, but the footage wouldn't have the same effect all pixelated.

www.spinteck.com/teds_ruckus2007_3mbps.wmv

yuroshek

Turbo Monkey
Jun 26, 2007
Arizona!
wow where was my invite? haha jk that place looks sick for a backyard. good job ted.

i remember that guy jay at the giant demo, idk what shop he works for tho but i remember seein him there.

PatBranch

Turbo Monkey
Sep 24, 2004
wine country
Cool video! Those zip lines shots look really good. I love the dynamic effect they give. The only suggestion I have is figure out a way to steady your camera. What camera do you have / did this with?

That trail looks fun.

CKxx

Monkey
Apr 10, 2006
Was this that jump jam near downingtown? I stayed in to do homework that day instead of going with my buddy. Needless to say I want to kick my own ass.

kona-ryder

Monkey
Jul 18, 2006
Above you on the podium.
^^^You know how those PA boys do it.
Someone probably cut someone off and there was a knife brawl.
Happens everyday.

Honestly though, that was sick footage.
Great job capturing the riders as they came down. You even managed to incorporate quite a few people in a train, all at once.

Just one q: How does he deal with the liability issue? Are all of those guys&girls good friends, or does he have some sort of liability waiver? I know here on the West Coast, its become common place for logging companies to be sued by kids parents even when the corporation isn't aware the trails are on their property.

SPINTECK

Turbo Monkey
Oct 16, 2005
abc
Cool video! Those zip lines shots look really good. I love the dynamic effect they give. The only suggestion I have is figure out a way to steady your camera. What camera do you have / did this with?

That trail looks fun.
Thanks, I really like honest advice. This was a shot I threw together in 4 hours without cutting down a tree that really hindered shooting and braking myself. Plus I wanted to time to ride myself, so I didn't really perfect it. But I wanted to put it all together for the people who were there to see themselves.

I do want to do a pro shoot there with some riders who want to do tricks, but in a way I think this vid shows all the innocent fun people had just flowing over the stuff.

SPINTECK

Turbo Monkey
Oct 16, 2005
abc
whats up with all the cops and ambulance?
One guy took a 2 minute dirt nap, but he was okay. It was funny b/c everyone kept riding, even when the ambulance was right next to the jump. wish I would have filmed that- guys jumping 10 feed from an ambulance loading a rider- pretty cool.

SPINTECK

Turbo Monkey
Oct 16, 2005
abc
^^^You know how those PA boys do it.
Someone probably cut someone off and there was a knife brawl.
Happens everyday.

Honestly though, that was sick footage.
Great job capturing the riders as they came down. You even managed to incorporate quite a few people in a train, all at once.

Just one q: How does he deal with the liability issue? Are all of those guys&girls good friends, or does he have some sort of liability waiver? I know here on the West Coast, its become common place for logging companies to be sued by kids parents even when the corporation isn't aware the trails are on their property.
You can sue anyone for anything, but I think it is very difficult to sue a friend who does not charge and actually provides free food and stuff. Plus, we all know each other and a lawsuit happy rider on a friends property would probably be dealt with;)

SPINTECK

Turbo Monkey
Oct 16, 2005
abc
awesome video. Good to see Jay riding again

Anyway, do you mind detailing your zipline setup? what does it consist of? Are you running a brake?
THis is the info I sent to Lucent months ago. Good luck and I really hope you post the stuff.

Nat

http://www.hcor.net/postlite28547-zip.html

If I were you, I'd go to the Evil Home Depot (I try not to support big evil stores) and buy 100-200' of 1/4 inch cable (Fenway doesn't look longer than 100 feet in most vids), a work man's harness (unless you have a rock climbing harness or borrow one), clamps and a hook (always double anchor, even if that just means wraping the cable around the tree/pole twice and using two clamps), cheap leather workmen gloves and a Trolly. A come-along too.

(I attach a hook to one end and place that near a good anchor. Then I anchor the other end of bare cable by wraping it around a tree or two, double anchoring each. Then I use my come-along to tighten the hook to an anchor and then rig another anchor somewhere on the same end. I know this is vague, but when you get serious I can clarify or you can find some climber/outward bound person to help you. )

I bought my trolly on line (http://www.cmi-gear.com/catalog/pull...artnum=trolley).

All I ask is that you don't forget who gave you these tips and if you break out like Porter, bring me on a project or something.

SPINTECK

Turbo Monkey
Oct 16, 2005
abc
Had to take down the vid until january because of my bandwidth limits.

So until the New Year, Cheers!