Quantcast

Zokie on Tyler's GT?

Avy

Turbo Monkey
Jan 24, 2006
At RedBull he showed off his GT with a Zokie? I thought Zokie was all over?
What am I missing?

Avy

Avy

Turbo Monkey
Jan 24, 2006
Check,and what's the word on the quality now that Fox has them? Also,can I or anyone else send in there older
Zokies to Fox for service? I did not see any on the Pros Sleds in UCI. I have not read much about it since they
went out of business. Peace.

Avy

jonKranked

Detective Dookie
Nov 10, 2005
media blackout
Check,and what's the word on the quality now that Fox has them? Also,can I or anyone else send in there older
Zokies to Fox for service?
I did not see any on the Pros Sleds in UCI. I have not read much about it since they
went out of business. Peace.

Avy
word i've heard is that fox is servicing marz stuff 2010 and newer.

the stuff we're seeing from marz now was the last of what was developed prior to the fox takeover. the fox developed stuff that will be marz branded will be hitting 2018 (supposedly).

the general idea i've heard is that marz branded items are going to be focused mid-tier OEM. Fox branded will be high tier OEM and aftermarket.

FarkinRyan

Monkey
Dec 15, 2003
Pemberton, BC
McCaul's looks like a production Fury with a paintjob, the WC team ones are prototype / next years. Would have bet on that 'Marzocchi' being coil-sprung and GRIP-damped too but close ups show that it really is just a Float 40RC2 with paint and gold ano.

Last edited:

Avy

Turbo Monkey
Jan 24, 2006
word i've heard is that fox is servicing marz stuff 2010 and newer.

the stuff we're seeing from marz now was the last of what was developed prior to the fox takeover. the fox developed stuff that will be marz branded will be hitting 2018 (supposedly).

the general idea i've heard is that marz branded items are going to be focused mid-tier OEM. Fox branded will be high tier OEM and aftermarket.
Thanks for the reply. It's sad to see. I have some really nice Forks. In fact I bought one used from here years ago. I have been reading here for a long tine. I have not rode in a while,but I try to keep up,thinking one day I will ride again. One thing that makes me scratch my head is all this fighting over the electric bike. There sick,there getting better,and they aint going nowhere. Remember that Pro Dirt Biker rider that had that a Full Squish at a New York{Nevada} Race I think it was? He was going uphill with it. Anyway,shred away. Peace.

Avy

jonKranked

Detective Dookie
Nov 10, 2005
media blackout
i've heard a few people say they've gotten fox to service marz stuff that's older than 2010, but it depends on what model fork, what the issue is, and whether or not they have parts (i'm assuming some pre 2010 stuff shares parts with more recent items).

csermonet

Monkey
Mar 5, 2010
Thanks for the reply. It's sad to see. I have some really nice Forks. In fact I bought one used from here years ago. I have been reading here for a long tine. I have not rode in a while,but I try to keep up,thinking one day I will ride again. One thing that makes me scratch my head is all this fighting over the electric bike. There sick,there getting better,and they aint going nowhere. Remember that Pro Dirt Biker rider that had that a Full Squish at a New York{Nevada} Race I think it was? He was going uphill with it. Anyway,shred away. Peace.

Avy
As stated before, Fox can service select Marz products ~2010 depending on parts availability. You can fill out an online RA request on the Fox website and just fill it in with your Marz product and they will let you know if possible or not. If not, www.mtbforksbymark.com specializes in older Marz stuff, rebuilds/services, even selling refurbished old forks like Shivers and stuff. He's an ex Marz employee and has alot of NOS parts, and is an awesome guy to work with. If you send your fork in to be serviced he will update throughout the whole process with pictures and everything.

jonKranked

Detective Dookie
Nov 10, 2005
media blackout
As stated before, Fox can service select Marz products ~2010 depending on parts availability. You can fill out an online RA request on the Fox website and just fill it in with your Marz product and they will let you know if possible or not. If not, www.mtbforksbymark.com specializes in older Marz stuff, rebuilds/services, even selling refurbished old forks like Shivers and stuff. He's an ex Marz employee and has alot of NOS parts, and is an awesome guy to work with. If you send your fork in to be serviced he will update throughout the whole process with pictures and everything.
@manhattanprjkt83 you might wanna hit this guy up to see if he has a RAC

mykel

closer to Periwinkle
Apr 19, 2013
sw ontario canada
What is the word on the DBC C2R2 cartridge? If I stumble across one cheap is it a worthwhile upgrade over my custom shimmed Evo2?

jonKranked

Detective Dookie
Nov 10, 2005
media blackout
I always wanted one too. I also wanted the first year shiver with the ano gold and red, those looked nice.
buddy of mine in rochester had one on his chumbawumba. it was a rad bike, but he couldn't take care of it worth a damn, and eventually the rest of us got sick of taking care of it for him.

on that note, out of curiosity i just googled, chumba is still in business (i believe they've changed hands a number of time) and they now make exclusively hardtails.

HAB

Chelsea from Seattle
Apr 28, 2007
Seattle
on that note, out of curiosity i just googled, chumba is still in business (i believe they've changed hands a number of time) and they now make exclusively hardtails.
A buddy of mine has one. It's a solid little bike.

toodles

ridiculously corgi proportioned
Aug 24, 2004
Australia
I said I wanted one. Not that I wanted to *ride* one.
Absolutely. My garage wall fork collection has a carbon Dorado and an old 32mm Boxxer WC. I want a shiver and Monster T to complete the set.

*just gotta check the load bearing capacity of the wall before mounting the Monster T.

aenema

almost 100% positive
Sep 5, 2008
Shit, I have a gold stratos S6. Thought it would look bitchin on a bar bike/cruiser but if somebody wants a legit collection I would donate.

profro

Turbo Monkey
Feb 25, 2002
Walden Ridge
While we are strolling down memory lane, I had a Sepcialized Bighit complete with coil sprung shiver and Avy rear shock and rolled, all be it slowly, on 3" tires...

Man, I was cool long before this rebirth of coil and plus sized tires.