Quantcast

zomg so trendy...

sama1ter

Monkey
Apr 29, 2004
The OC
just a little update since hte original build.

new superstar pimp 28t(a little harder than before, now 28/10)
knight Ti macniel bolt(definitely not worth it, should of just returned it--its only .45oz lighter than the steel bolt)
eastern 7075 axel nuts(fits uncut profile axels perfect-too bad its a good 1/2 longer than my cut axel on my driveside, and its not the same socket size)
also a ruban tire ive been running for a while, but its different the older picture, so i'll mention it.

sama1ter

Monkey
Apr 29, 2004
The OC
Radness.

We changed setups. Now I'm running a brake and I'm switching to KHE tires.
i like the ruban up front because its wider, and has more traction. obviously the khe is 1/4lb lighter of rotational weight, and thats definitely noticable. i just took off the brake 2 days ago, i'm learning barspins.

sama1ter

Monkey
Apr 29, 2004
The OC
and for those wondering:

BIKE CHECK
Frame: Fly 3amigos - 21", 13.75 cs, naran light blue
Fork: Oddysey Classic Race 3/8"
Front Wheel: G-Sport Marmoset, Odyssey 7KA, Odyssey spokes
Rear Wheel: Profile mini hollow chromo, Hazard Lite,10T driver
Cranks: Fly Bikes
Sprocket: Superstar Pimp 28T
BB: Fly Bikes
Pegs: Fly bikes silver (come on and off all the time)
Pedals: Wellgo Magnesium Sealed
Seat: Macneil SL w/ Knight Ti Bolt
Bars: United Squad 8" - cut to 26"
Stem: Odyssey Elementary V2
Headset: Kink Integrated
Tires: KHE Premium Street Rear, Fly Ruban 2.25 Front
Grips: Fly Ruban Black Long (flipped/cut)
Brake: Fly Bikes White (when its on)
Lever: Odyssey Mono V2 Small
Cable: Odyssey Linear Slic

Weight: 22.5lbs
Mods: Cut post to 2", cut bars 2", cut driveside axle, eastern 7075 nuts, Macneil Ti Bolt.

Bicyclist

Turbo Monkey
Apr 4, 2004
SB
Can you do barspins with that seat? With my junior and wide ass bars I can't even come close, but I pinch with my knees when I do 'em.

ebrider510

Monkey
Dec 7, 2006
Bay Area, CA
very, very sick bike no doubt. but man, you have reached the highest weight weenie status known. no offense or hate, just sayin. im sure when you have a bike that light it could get addicting..

sama1ter

Monkey
Apr 29, 2004
The OC
and for those wondering:

BIKE CHECK
Frame: Fly 3amigos - 21", 13.75 cs, naran light blue
Fork: Oddysey Classic Race 3/8"
Front Wheel: G-Sport Marmoset, Odyssey 7KA, Odyssey spokes
Rear Wheel: Profile mini hollow chromo, Hazard Lite,10T driver
Cranks: Fly Bikes
Sprocket: Superstar Pimp 28T
BB: Fly Bikes
Pegs: Fly bikes silver (come on and off all the time)
Pedals: Wellgo Magnesium Sealed
Seat: Macneil SL w/ Knight Ti Bolt
Bars: United Squad 8" - cut to 26"
Stem: Odyssey Elementary V2
Headset: Kink Integrated
Tires: KHE Premium Street Rear, Fly Ruban 2.25 Front
Grips: Fly Ruban Black Long (flipped/cut)
Brake: Fly Bikes White (when its on)
Lever: Odyssey Mono V2 Small
Cable: Odyssey Linear Slic

Weight: 22.5lbs
Mods: Cut post to 2", cut bars 2", cut driveside axle, eastern 7075 nuts, Macneil Ti Bolt.

Mr Tiles

I'm a beer snob
Nov 10, 2003
L-town ya'll
seeing these pics really motivates me to get mine done. I'm pulling the trigger on the rest of my parts today. Really want a set of those ruben tires too!

Stoked

Turbo Monkey
Nov 28, 2004
LI, NY
sick man! i need to get some shots of my pantera. im just waiting on my bb and i can put the fly cranks on. did you get the short axle nuts?

Mr Tiles

I'm a beer snob
Nov 10, 2003
L-town ya'll
I was at my lbs at lunch picking up parts and they were trying to talk me into running an tioga comp III 2.25 front, animal 1.9 rear...seriously thinking about it...

don

Turbo Monkey
Nov 8, 2001
Rumson, NJ
Comp 3's come in 2.25 fronts now? They are a cool tire and see more than a couple of them still at use at the trails.

BikeSATORI

Monkey
Apr 13, 2007
one world...
nice ride.

I don't think it's "ultimate weight weenie" or anything, but obviously built weight concious. no drilled rims or speed holes or purposely removed pedal pins, etc....
are you serious about "22.5lb" though... ?

So, you didn't like the KHE in front? were you running the street or park?
diggin' the pimp sprocket, the price is right too, and they are just clean.

sama1ter

Monkey
Apr 29, 2004
The OC
i agree with bikesatori-i built a bike from scratch, and just pickd light parts. they are all stock, and available to everyone-dont know why i get **** for having light parts.
the khe tire in front slipped all the time, and the ruban is just way better. i'll probably get a revenge tire in the rear after the KHE--its really not worth the money.

ebrider510

Monkey
Dec 7, 2006
Bay Area, CA
i agree with bikesatori-i built a bike from scratch, and just pickd light parts. they are all stock, and available to everyone-dont know why i get **** for having light parts.
the khe tire in front slipped all the time, and the ruban is just way better. i'll probably get a revenge tire in the rear after the KHE--its really not worth the money.
sorry if you are at all refering to my comment about the weight weenieness. didn't mean to be negative at all...its a sick sick sick bike, wish i could build up a sick 20" as well. just messin around since you seem very concious about keeping it very, very light...

BikeSATORI

Monkey
Apr 13, 2007
one world...
sorry if you are at all refering to my comment about the weight weenieness. didn't mean to be negative at all...its a sick sick sick bike, wish i could build up a sick 20" as well. just messin around since you seem very concious about keeping it very, very light...
yo, eb, what's happenin' brotha man! Just realized that was you. I've hit the net action and joined this word rappage forum here too, haha! droppin' all kinds of synthetic type of roman alphabetic psychadelic bike jive spittin'!

sam, man, if you're worried about people givin' you a hard time over a bike you built, then you're worried too much.

oh yeah, btw, looking to sell your KHE's now that you've moved onto rubens????

ebrider510

Monkey
Dec 7, 2006
Bay Area, CA
yo, eb, what's happenin' brotha man! Just realized that was you. I've hit the net action and joined this word rappage forum here too, haha! droppin' all kinds of synthetic type of roman alphabetic psychadelic bike jive spittin'!

sam, man, if you're worried about people givin' you a hard time over a bike you built, then you're worried too much.

oh yeah, btw, looking to sell your KHE's now that you've moved onto rubens????
haha, what up bro! good to have you here too for sure, bike forums are some what addicting. :monkeydance: you gotta come out to cali this summer!

sama1ter

Monkey
Apr 29, 2004
The OC
i could sell the KHEs if i got a good price on it. i'd be definietly willing to try a new rear tire.

i wasnt talking to you ebrider--some other guy in the 'fly cranks' thread was just being a bitch, so i put him in his place.:monkey:

the front tire is solid though. HIGHLY recommend it.