Quantcast

Z's request

jimw

Monkey
Aug 10, 2004
Santa Cruz, CA
Hey, for all you SC locals that ride Z's, a couple requests:

1) Leave the logs across the start of the trail in place. Someone moved them out of the way this week. Yeah, tons of people know about it, but we don't need to make it even easier to find. If you can't ride over a 5" log to get there you probably don't need to be riding there anyway.

2) Pick up your trash! Ever time I go there I stuff the pockets of my pack with crap that people leave there.

We don't need to give The Man more reasons to take out this already illegal trail. Think about how much it would suck to lose that trail...

Oh... and major props to everyone who has done some building there! :)

Total Heckler

Beer and Bike Enthusiast
Apr 28, 2005
Santa Cruz, CA

1) Leave the logs across the start of the trail in place. Someone moved them out of the way this week. Yeah, tons of people know about it, but we don't need to make it even easier to find. If you can't ride over a 5" log to get there you probably don't need to be riding there anyway.

2) Pick up your trash! Ever time I go there I stuff the pockets of my pack with crap that people leave there.

We don't need to give The Man more reasons to take out this already illegal trail. Think about how much it would suck to lose that trail...

Oh... and major props to everyone who has done some building there! :)
2nd that.

punkassean

Turbo Monkey
Feb 3, 2002
SC, CA

:)
The funny thing is the other day I was riding there and the logs were moved from Z's entrance to where they were blocking sweetness which probably gets 100 times more traffic than Z's. Maybe you guys should drag a decent sized log over there that wouldn't be so easy to move....

jimw

Monkey
Aug 10, 2004
Santa Cruz, CA
The funny thing is the other day I was riding there and the logs were moved from Z's entrance to where they were blocking sweetness which probably gets 100 times more traffic than Z's.
Yeah, see that is just dumb, and what I was talking about. Yesterday both trails were clear, it just looked like a big Y in the trail. Good idea about the bigger log...

bdamschen

Turbo Monkey
Nov 28, 2005
Spreckels, CA
Havent been out there yet when the log is moved, but if it is, I'll make sure it goes back and/or there's a bigger one in its place.

jimw

Monkey
Aug 10, 2004
Santa Cruz, CA
Rangers have been in there. The first 3 jumps are taken out, and the big side of the hip jump. Everything else is still there, for now... probably just a matter of time. Crap.

Whoaohohohoh

Chimp
Feb 17, 2005
santa cruz
Rangers have been in there. The first 3 jumps are taken out, and the big side of the hip jump. Everything else is still there, for now... probably just a matter of time. Crap.
"if you build it they will come"
----Field of Dreams

I doubt its the rangers. They would have taken them all out, if thats the case. I guess its time to lay low for the next couple of weeks in order to cool stuff over.

I guess its time to find a new spot to build jumps on.

jimw

Monkey
Aug 10, 2004
Santa Cruz, CA
I have heard a number of reports that it IS the rangers, and something about them being required by law to take out doubles... Maybe stick some temporary tabletops between 'em with pallets or something! :) But whoever it is, it's a real bummer, and I have a feeling this may not be the last of it...

BLS439

Chimp
Jul 9, 2007
Santa Cruz, Ca
This has happened in cycles like this for years in SC. If you build it THEY will come. Well cyclists come for a very long time, then generally someone gets hurt and then the Rangers come and take it down. It cools over for a while and someone either rebuilds or finds a new spot. That hillside is so littered with trails, secret stashes of jumps, teeters, etc that this is just a minor set back really.

jimw

Monkey
Aug 10, 2004
Santa Cruz, CA
Yeah I know, I've ridden here for years... but Z's was different from most of the stuff around here. There really is nothing quite like it. Just hate to see it go. Ah well. Not all gone yet though... :)

BLS439

Chimp
Jul 9, 2007
Santa Cruz, Ca
If you wanna do pics hit me up by PM. Z's was great, but this just means there is room for improvement when this blows over. Years back there were some really sick trails back there with all kinds of "stunts". Those were torn down, rebuilt, torn down, etc and now people have just moved on it seems. We may need to organize a covert trail building crew to sneak in and get stuff up to par again.