Quantcast

Zumbi Floating Caliper Spacing???

Aug 10, 2008
Dublin, Ireland
I just got a new Zumbi DH Team with the floating brake caliper.

The rear spacing is supposed to be 150mm, but when I put the floating caliper on to the axel, the spacing is now only 145mm, so my wheel doesnt fit.

When I force it in, the tire rubs of the chainstay.

Any ideas?

darex

Chimp
Jun 3, 2007
It's seems like the wheels are not in line. I saw one with similar problem in Wierchomla in Poland. That frame was not straight welded maybe your has the same problem.

Aug 10, 2008
Dublin, Ireland
Ok,

So I contacted Zumbi, they said "You need to space the wheel specifically in the swingarm as the hub is set 15 mm towards the chainstay due to the floater. It has to sit in the middle of the swingarm."

So I can remove one of the cones (maybe wrong term) on the brake side of the hub, is it possible for me to get a thinner one of these and then put one on the other side aswell to centralise the wheel?

I have a Dabomb Headspin 150mm hub.

Thanks guys for all of your help, I have no experience with DH bikes so this is all new to me :huh:

Last edited:
Aug 10, 2008
Dublin, Ireland
Yeh you would think that alright, im a bit annoyed tbh. I have this amazing looking bike sitting here for the last 4 days and I cant ride it :nopity:

They were saying today it might have been damaged in transit, I dont think so though.

I'd say I have to get the wheel redished.

Is that hard to do? I really dont want to make a balls of my new wheels....

Aug 10, 2008
Dublin, Ireland
Right,

Got it sorted. Talked to the distributor. He said that the wheel had to redished and that the spacing was that tight on purpose.

So checked out some guides tonight and had a go at dishing the wheel. Turned out it was really easy. Loosened one side spokes 180 degrees and tightened the other side 180 deg. did this a few times. Wheel is still true and spokes seem to be tight enough and now rim is right in the centre of the frame.

Now if the torrential rain would just stop I could go ride it.

Thanks again for your help guys. :clapping:

T