Quantcast

Zumbi invasion..

CovicRacing

Monkey
May 3, 2007
Louisville, CO
My new Zumbi F-44 Ti and VooDoo frames just arrive from Poland. I am psyched! They look sweet. Can't wait to build them up.

What do you guys think?

F-44 Ti:

VooDoo:

CovicRacing

Monkey
May 3, 2007
Louisville, CO
Thanks!

I have not put them on the scales yet but according to their website the F-44 weighs in at 3920g (8.64lbs) without shock and the VooDoo is 2490g (5.49lbs).

ZHendo

Turbo Monkey
Oct 29, 2006
PNW
whoa, i really like the wrap around gusset on the hardtail. the dh bike looks awesome too.

snowskilz

xblue attacked piggy won
May 15, 2004
rado
sweet, too bad as you said theyd come through customs the day after the race.

Def cant wait to put a leg over f-44

CovicRacing

Monkey
May 3, 2007
Louisville, CO
sweet, too bad as you said theyd come through customs the day after the race.

Def cant wait to put a leg over f-44
Yes that sucked. I was really hoping to show them off at the Snowmass race but oh well. I will have them both fully built by the Finals in August. You are more than welcome to try it out then!

FCLinder

Turbo Monkey
Mar 6, 2002
Greenville, South Carolina
Joe, the frames look great!!! Let me know how they perform. You may want to call Malcom at Cane Creek and get a DB shock for it. That would match up really nice with your Froks your selling. PM me when you have details on the build.

Cecil

Broken_Spoke

Mr. Big Hot Pastrami
Feb 26, 2003
Bozeman, MT
Thanks! Just waiting for some shock hardware to arrive. Both frames should be done in about a week (if all goes well) :cheers:

I will most certainly post pics of the final build!
Those things look sooo nice. I assume you will be using Showa forks. I want full reviews of everything. I am slightly out of the loop with your current distributing but are you thinking of becoming the US distributer for Zumbi?

CovicRacing

Monkey
May 3, 2007
Louisville, CO
Joe, the frames look great!!! Let me know how they perform. You may want to call Malcom at Cane Creek and get a DB shock for it. That would match up really nice with your Froks your selling. PM me when you have details on the build.

Cecil
Thanks Cecil, I am ultimatly planning to build it with an Avy (either chubie or woodie) as that is what they come speced with. But for now I am going to build it with a manitou swinger that I just happen to have sitting around.

CovicRacing

Monkey
May 3, 2007
Louisville, CO
Those things look sooo nice. I assume you will be using Showa forks. I want full reviews of everything. I am slightly out of the loop with your current distributing but are you thinking of becoming the US distributer for Zumbi?
Yes, I will be using the Kowa 180ci fork on the DH and the 160ssAIR on the HT. FYI, Kowa and Showa are not related (two totally different Japanese companies).

And yes, If things work out (and I have no reason to believe they won't), I will be the US distributor for Zumbi.

ZUMBI

Chimp
Mar 22, 2007
Myslenice, Poland
Nice to see some positive interest in ZUMBI!
as for suspension I highly recommend Avalanche as Craig always does a great job on setting the shocks spot on specifically for both our models.
my personal ride:

Pawel Matuszynski

mike425

Monkey
Apr 16, 2004
Looking sweet. Here's a pic of some of the frames I got a while back, most are almost built now.

mike

CovicRacing

Monkey
May 3, 2007
Louisville, CO
So I finished the builds today. I was not sure how all the white would look but I think it turned out pretty good....

F-44

Voodoo

Off to SolVista tomorrow to take the F-44 on its maiden runs, cant wait...

CovicRacing

Monkey
May 3, 2007
Louisville, CO
Well, after one day on the F-44 I must say it rides nice, I am very impressed. As this was the first day an the rig, there was alot of adjusting going on to get things dialed, but after that it was a blast.

Initial impression, the bike has kind of a sitting "in it" not "on it" feel. Which was kinda nice compared to my old Azonic Recoil.

It pedaled really well, not alot of bob. Seemed like most of the power was getting to the rear wheel.

As far as cornering, I guess the best way to describe it was "predictable", it just goes where you point it. Not too much pushing or drifting unless you told it to.

Granted this was just my initial impression after just one day, I am sure I will add more as I get more time on it.

Disclaimer: I am making it publically known that I am the US distributor for Zumbi Cycles. All statments and claims made above are my opinion and not nessesarily the opinion of others. I was asked to post my thoughts of these frames and that is what I did. So please save your flames for someone who deserves it.

L

luelling

Yeah I figured it was a good idea. I've seen people get flamed into oblivion for not disclosing that they had a finacial interest in some product that they were hyping.

Thanks,
Yup, and the sad thing is that they are prolly too stupid to just look at your sig. Anyway, are you going to get a site up for doing sales on the various products your selling? You have put together a list of cool and unique companies.

CovicRacing

Monkey
May 3, 2007
Louisville, CO
hey, just out of curiosity, what did u think of the Kowa?
I like them. A very nice low stiction fork. Do a search on Kowa here on ridemonkey to check out some previous threads on their forks. Please let me know if you have any specific questions and I will be happy to answer.

FYI, I am their distributor also.