Quantcast

>>>>> Zurich Tuesday GTM >>>>>>

ICEBALL585

Bacontard
Sep 8, 2009
.:585:.
"Spirit Week" this week at work (BBQ, free ice cream, theme days... etc). Today is the manager dunk tank and I'm in there from 12:30-1:00pm. I have a feeling karma is about to get me back pretty good. :o :rofl:

eric strt6

Resident Curmudgeon
Sep 8, 2001
directly above the center of the earth
mmmn coffee at 5:15 in the morning is a definite requirement and its good coffee to boot. My legs got a bit crampy last night I guess I needed more electrolytes after last night roadie hammer fest. If I ride tonight I will probably have to dial things back an notch on the intensity.

getting old is a biatch of a mistress:D

stevew

resident influencer
Sep 21, 2001
over a million visitors to glacier in july....1 hr time limit parking times at logans pass....red bus tour next year.

Serial Midget

Al Bundy
Jun 25, 2002
Fort of Rio Grande
Morning Monkies! Did I mention it's my last week of work more than 50 times? Is it annoying, repetitive and unnessasary? Whahahajajaja... just like your jobs! Have a blessed day. :D

Last edited:

Greyhound

Trail Rat
Jul 8, 2002
Alamance County, NC
Good Morning!!!

Another rainy commute...wake up, get caffeinated, drive in rain. Lather, rinse and repeat.

Spent a few hours playing some tunes with a buddy at the local last night. It was a good crowd for a Monday. No tomatoes thrown at us.

It's Monday...go do work.

Adventurous

Starshine Bro
Mar 19, 2014
Crawlorado
Mornin!

Not much to report. Went to the bank last night to ask about a HELOC as I'm looking to make a few home improvements without dipping into my cash reserves. We shall see!

TreeSaw

Mama Monkey
Oct 30, 2003
Dancin' over rocks n' roots!
Morning. I have my resignation letter printed and ready to drop off or send certified mail...what to do, what to do?! Terrifying not having a job lined-up but I'll find something to do. Youngest spawn is dying to see the Emoji movie so that's on the agenda for today. Good times.

kazlx

Patches O'Houlihan
Aug 7, 2006
Tustin, CA
Sweet. $1600 to get the rear end completely rebuilt on my Tundra. Exactly what I wanted to spend money on. Although I can't really complain. It's treated me pretty well for the last 100k. Hopefully better than new after this.

canadmos

Cake Tease
May 29, 2011
Canaderp
Work, I guess.

Left the drivers side window open on my car last night. Somehow I woke up at 4am this morning and remembered this, but a quick look out the window to confirm it wasn't raining was all I cared about. Went right back to bed.

woot. and now for more coffee.

CrabJoe StretchPants

Reincarnated Crab Walking Head Spinning Bruce Dick
Nov 30, 2003
Groton, MA
Sweet. $1600 to get the rear end completely rebuilt on my Tundra. Exactly what I wanted to spend money on. Although I can't really complain. It's treated me pretty well for the last 100k. Hopefully better than new after this.
New R&P gears, right? Should have done a locker while you were in there.

37's, regearing and ARB air lockers is on my wishlist next time I need new tires for the brodozer

Adventurous

Starshine Bro
Mar 19, 2014
Crawlorado
New R&P gears, right? Should have done a locker while you were in there.

37's, regearing and ARB air lockers is on my wishlist next time I need new tires for the brodozer
I keep going back and forth on that. I need new tires this fall, I also probably need to regear as-is. Do I trim the fenders for 35s? Maybe get glass? Or stick with a 33. Decisions decisions.

kazlx

Patches O'Houlihan
Aug 7, 2006
Tustin, CA
Yea, putting 4.56s in, all new bearings. At first I thought it was just the outer axle bearings and my guy did them since they were really worn. After further inspection, there were two teeth broken on the ring gear, which is what was making the thumping sound. It makes sense after the fact, since it just instantly started making noise, so it must have been when the teeth broke. That was as we were on the way to the airport. I wish I had extra cash for a locker, but not gonna happen.

Last edited:

Westy

the teste
Nov 22, 2002
Sleazattle
Flew in yesterday and home tomorrow for a client pitch meeting. So most time spent in a hotel but beautiful town and area.

Your asymmetrical wingdings angry up a mans blood.

I am afraid the lizards have gotten to you.

jonKranked

Detective Dookie
Nov 10, 2005
media blackout
Morning. I have my resignation letter printed and ready to drop off or send certified mail...what to do, what to do?! Terrifying not having a job lined-up but I'll find something to do. Youngest spawn is dying to see the Emoji movie so that's on the agenda for today. Good times.
did i miss the story as to why you're resigning?

SkaredShtles

Michael Bolton
Sep 21, 2003
In a van.... down by the river
Yea, putting 4.56s in, all new bearings. At first I thought it was just the outer axle bearings and my guy did them since they were really worn. After further inspection, there were two teeth broken on the ring gear, which is what was making the thumping sound. It makes sense after the fact, since it just instantly started making noise, so it must have been when the teeth broke. That was as we were on the way to the airport. I wish I had extra cash for a locker, but not gonna happen.
Locker will make a MUCH bigger difference than alot of the other shit...

Unless, of course, like most lifted/modded trucks/Jeeps, you don't plan on going off road. :D

kazlx

Patches O'Houlihan
Aug 7, 2006
Tustin, CA
I know a locker will make a difference, but just have too much other stuff on the plate right now. I go off road, but I don't really 'off-road'. The truck is mostly stock, lifted 2" on Bilstein 5100s with 33s. Nothing crazy. It's served me perfectly fine with what I've needed. I definitely use my truck as a truck, not a ton of off road, mainly riding and shooting, but towing, carrying steel and machines, bikes and bike trips and all sorts of other random activities.

Pesqueeb

bicycle in airplane hangar
Feb 2, 2007
Riding the baggage carousel.
Morning Monkies! Did I mention it's my last week of work more than 50 times? Is it annoying, repetitive and unnessasary? Whahahajajaja... just like your jobs! Have a blessed day. :D
Yea, but are your wheels being shipped yet?

Drop it off in person. There's something inherently satisfying to handing a resignation letter to the boss... :homer:
Plus, one last chance at an upper decker.

jonKranked

Detective Dookie
Nov 10, 2005
media blackout
I know a locker will make a difference, but just have too much other stuff on the plate right now. I go off road, but I don't really 'off-road'. The truck is mostly stock, lifted 2" on Bilstein 5100s with 33s. Nothing crazy. It's served me perfectly fine with what I've needed. I definitely use my truck as a truck, not a ton of off road, mainly riding and shooting, but towing, carrying steel and machines, bikes and bike trips and all sorts of other random activities.
sounds like a bro-dozer

jimmydean

The Official Meat of Ridemonkey
Sep 10, 2001
Portland, OR
I keep going back and forth on that. I need new tires this fall, I also probably need to regear as-is. Do I trim the fenders for 35s? Maybe get glass? Or stick with a 33. Decisions decisions.
I had Bushwacker cutouts to fit 35's on my DX and ran 5.29 gears. I could have done 4.88's but with the 4 banger, the 5.29's made for better freeway. It wheeled like a monster.

jimmydean

Sep 10, 2001
Portland, OR
Morning Monkeys.

Dreaded Tuesday meetings from hell today. Also a short sprint due to training and whatnot next week, so no WFH on Friday, either. Can I just call it a day already?

Westy

the teste
Nov 22, 2002
Sleazattle

Sounds like you need a bigger lift and some large diameter wheels with low profile tires so it can drive equally poorly both on and off road.

Adventurous

Starshine Bro
Mar 19, 2014
Crawlorado
I had Bushwacker cutouts to fit 35's on my DX and ran 5.29 gears. I could have done 4.88's but with the 4 banger, the 5.29's made for better freeway. It wheeled like a monster.
On 35s most of the 4.0L owners report running 4.88s with great success. TBH I don't need 35s but bigger is better right?

jimmydean

Sep 10, 2001
Portland, OR
On 35s most of the 4.0L owners report running 4.88s with great success. TBH I don't need 35s but bigger is better right?
My little ass 22RE was such a great motor and had a lifetime warranty. I would think the 4.88's would be a good option. I had a limited slip front with open rear (couldn't afford both AND gears). I was very happy with that setup.

mandown

Poopdeck Repost
Jun 1, 2004
Transylvania 90210
IMG_9310.JPG