Quantcast

‡Friday GMT‡ ©

Quo Fan

don't make me kick your ass
Morning monkeys!

Looked at a house yesterday, and the home owner said "Don't touch anything" She wouldn't even let me turn off any lights. I think if she could have figured out how to not let me touch the floor, she would have.

Moar office today. Anybody vibratin' anything we can monitor?

Be safe out there.

ICEBALL585

Bacontard
Sep 8, 2009
.:585:.
Morning.

Excited it's finally Friday even though I have nothing special planned for the weekend. Probably just going to be a few days of relaxing and getting some stuff done around the house (maybe).

jonKranked

Detective Dookie
Nov 10, 2005
media blackout
spiderman sez: gotta get down on friday.

made dough for homemade pizza's tonight. have finally figured out how to properly use the convection setting on the oven, but haven't gotten many recipes converted for using it. Just pizza. which is really all that matters, that sh*t cooks up perfect in about 6 minutes.

got growlers last night. gonna growler challenge tonight. Scotch ale & oatmeal stout.

stoney

Part of the unwashed, middle-American horde
Jul 26, 2006
Colorado
Breathing & working. Today is the last day of work before a week in SoCal. So much crap to do..

Ride Monzie

Monkey
Jan 4, 2013
Killafornia
I'm on the bus to work where once there, will try to do as little as possible until 17:00. At which point I leave and prepare for trying to get to Uhwarrie on Sunday.

I Are Baboon

Vagina man
Aug 6, 2001
MTB New England
'Morning, MONKEYS! Holy friggin sh1t....WAKE UP!

I'm wearing my REI wool jacket and I'm still cold in this office. It's making it tough to type. Wife is out of town for the weekend, which means I'll probably do a lot of the same stuff I'd do if she was home.

Good running, 'Squeeb!

Nick

My name is Nick
Sep 21, 2001
where the trails are
Good morning.
It's supposed to snow today and tonight, but be only 4 degrees tomorrow. I may get out this afternoon.

Coffee in hand. TGIF bishes!

Jan 4, 2013
Props for the wingdings today, fellas. Trying to decide if it's worth a long drive tomorrow to get to a place that has non-soupy trails. The rain here has slaughtered my normal ones.Y'all have a good one.

I Are Baboon

Vagina man
Aug 6, 2001
MTB New England
question for you and the baboon......don't your legs feel dead running that much every week?
Not at all. The 12 weeks prior to this one, I averaged 55 miles per week. I ran 2300 miles last year, which is an average of 44 per week. 70% of my miles are run at a very easy pace (think "jog"), with the rest being harder miles. Easy miles to build endurance, hard miles to build speed. I've built up to this workload though. Lots and lots of aches, pains, and fatigue when you start running and increasing volume, but your body adjusts. Lots of miles don't tire me out anymore. Lots of hard miles do.

I want qualify for the Boston Marathon, and as training for that goes, I'm currently at the minimum. I still need to build up more. Only about 10% of marathoners ever qualify for Boston.

Toshi

butthole powerwashing evangelist
Oct 23, 2001
Yo. Last day of long commute. Might be able to get back on two wheels in coming weeks if it gets warmer.

Pesqueeb

bicycle in airplane hangar
Feb 2, 2007
Riding the baggage carousel.
Easy miles to build endurance, hard miles to build speed. I've built up to this workload though. Lots and lots of aches, pains, and fatigue when you start running and increasing volume, but your body adjusts. Lots of miles don't tire me out anymore. Lots of hard miles do.
I think I'm starting to cross this threshold. Training for my first Half was hell, this one is a lot easier. The 10k I ran after work yesterday seemed like the easiest 10k I've ever run, and I'm having a lot less pain/fatigue. I'm still slow, but I always have been and don't really have a lot of interest in doing speed work.

I Are Baboon

Vagina man
Aug 6, 2001
MTB New England
I think I'm starting to cross this threshold. Training for my first Half was hell, this one is a lot easier. The 10k I ran after work yesterday seemed like the easiest 10k I've ever run, and I'm having a lot less pain/fatigue. I'm still slow, but I always have been and don't really have a lot of interest in doing speed work.
Even without speed-specific runs you are going to get faster. Eventually though you'll max out in shorter distance races (i.e. 5K) without speedwork, but you've got a long way to go before you reach that point.

I ran my last marathon at a faster pace (8:36) than my first 5K (8:52). Those two races were 18 months apart.

Pesqueeb

bicycle in airplane hangar
Feb 2, 2007
Riding the baggage carousel.
Tumbleweeds answer to no man!

Airport ops is out there right now actually, not sure what they think they are going to accomplish. Same guys couldn't even catch a Pug that got loose last year.

Edit: The wind is really picking up too.

Last edited:

jonKranked

Detective Dookie
Nov 10, 2005
media blackout
Tumbleweeds answer to no man!

Airport ops is out there right now actually, not sure what they think they are going to accomplish. Same guys couldn't even catch a Pug that got loose last year.

Edit: The wind is really picking up too.
Oh man, record that then set it to the Benny hill theme song

Westy

the teste
Nov 22, 2002
Sleazattle
Looks like the folks I interviewed with the other day are checking my references, good sign. Also got an email that a company back in Virginia wants to talk to me. I would really like to get back to C'ville.

Westy

the teste
Nov 22, 2002
Sleazattle
if they can't hit a hole that big...their wives must unhappy...
One summer while in college I helped run a campground a friends family owned. We had a cleaning lady to take care of the bathrooms, but she called in sick one day so it be came my job. I was ****ing traumatized by what I saw in the women's room. No wonder women use the restroom in groups, lack of emotional support could lead to some kind of PTSD.

bean

Turbo Monkey
Feb 16, 2004
Boulder
It was sunny until about half an hour ago. Wind and really low clouds have moved in quickly. Maybe we really will get some snow.

Just a normal work day for the most part. I had to get out of the house for a while, so I'm working in a coffee shop.