Quantcast

‰¿¡ Friday GMT ¡¿‰

Toshi

butthole powerwashing evangelist
Oct 23, 2001
Baby has been fed but I am still awake. Today may see me test driving a Ford for fun and profit: $50 auto show-sourced offer valid if I test one this or next month. C-Max Energi, perhaps?

Da Peach

Outwitted by a rodent
Jul 2, 2002
North Van
Just under 2 weeks til I'm on a plane, just over two weeks til I'm home.

Planning a trip to Seattle. Godmom has volunteered to take care of the kid for 2 days.

Bomchickawowow...

stevew

resident influencer
Sep 21, 2001
black angels/allah-las/elephant stone tonight.

brain fried.

X3pilot

Texans fan - LOL
Aug 13, 2007
SoMD
Dammit, thought I'd be first! lol

Happy Friday, Monkeys, let's be careful out there.

(Friday rep for reference answer)

Polandspring88

Superman
Mar 31, 2004
Broomfield, CO
Another beautiful day on tap. Just bidding my time til tomorrow so I can ride. And then again on Sunday. Ran again last night, trying to get some endurance back. Going to attempt the Presidential Traverse in June if all goes as planned. Had several conversations with recruiters in CO. Fingers crossed that one of those pans out.

I Are Baboon

Vagina man
Aug 6, 2001
MTB New England
Dear Monkeys: HEY!

30 flat miles on the road bike last night in 1:49. 16.5 mph. That was my longest exercise session since December and my endurance is lacking.

ICEBALL585

Bacontard
Sep 8, 2009
.:585:.
Morning.

FYIF. Work has been very busy for both my wife and I this week. Hoping to get out for my first mtb ride of the year this weekend since the weather is finally warmer and the snow has melted.

Nick

My name is Nick
Sep 21, 2001
where the trails are
^^^^^ That isn't very casual Friday of you.

Good morning. Tried hitting some jumps with Stoney last night, but my ribs still hurt a bit too much fo dat.

Full Trucker

Frikkin newb!!!
Feb 26, 2003
Exit, CO
Got a nice ride in last night with Teh Incredibly Talented Suspects™, beautiful out. Rode with only one layer on the whole time, hard to believe it's still winter just a few miles up the hill. Looks like some decent snow might be coming in for skiing, making this that magical time of year in Colorado when your laundry is equally split between ski outerwear and riding gear. Love.

skyst3alth

Monkey
Apr 13, 2004
Denver, CO
Another beautiful day on tap. Just bidding my time til tomorrow so I can ride. And then again on Sunday. Ran again last night, trying to get some endurance back. Going to attempt the Presidential Traverse in June if all goes as planned. Had several conversations with recruiters in CO. Fingers crossed that one of those pans out.
If you're looking for a tech job, we're hiring 3 people off the street in the next 3 months. You just have to deal with me ****ting down your neck every day.

X3pilot

Texans fan - LOL
Aug 13, 2007
SoMD
Somebody hit Eric with some rep for me. Got the Hill Street reference, which means he's an old fart like me.

IAB needs a shave.

CrabJoe StretchPants

Reincarnated Crab Walking Head Spinning Bruce Dick
Nov 30, 2003
Groton, MA
Finished my funemployment project today, a cool storage shelf/workbench with hangers for my guitars underneath. Going to get a huge music-themed framed poster to take up the whole wall above it, should look pretty awesome. Very pleased with how it came out and glad to not be looking at a giant bare wall anymore

Picking up the GF today from work, going out to dinner then having a quiet night in. Getting up early(ish) tomorrow to drive up to Burlington, VT and spend the day walking around. Her one request was to go to the Magic Hat brewery. Winning!

Last edited:

Pesqueeb

bicycle in airplane hangar
Feb 2, 2007
Riding the baggage carousel.
Because broken?
Yes. All the sh*t I've been putting off maintenance wise due to single income family cash issues finally caught up with me today. Blew up the chain and bent my derailleur. I'm still fvcking pissed. Not getting back on the bike till I can take care of all the sh*t it needs. Brakes and bleed, chain, cassette, derailleur, fork and pedal rebuild. Gonna have to sell the kid or drink less beer.

Nick

My name is Nick
Sep 21, 2001
where the trails are
CrabJoe: don't hang set-neck guitars for a long time.

skibunny: hola chica! ¿Cómo estás?

'squeeb: on one hand, you shouldn't sell the kids. One the other hand ... beer. (think about it) I have a stack of BNIB 9-sp drivetrain parts, and I can prob help with the brakes and fork. (pedals? wtf did you do to pedals??)

You know what I love? That one of my local, ride from home trails now pretty much ends at a micro-brewery. That, and pie.

Good day.

Last edited:
Got a ride in on the Moonlander today. If you jump off something it lands with a rather interesting thud. My legs are sending me WTFO messages. This bike is like a rhinoceros - it does not accelerate worth a damn but once it gets up a head of steam, look out. It is surprisingly nimble on twisty narrow stuff.