Quantcast

¡¡¡ Thursday ¡¡¡

Adventurous

Starshine Bro
Mar 19, 2014
Crawlorado
Mornin!

Landscapers are supposed to show up today, but then again they said that Tuesday and didn't inform us of that fact until we prompted them Tuesday night. Thanks guys. My money is in this turning into a clusterfuck.

Thinking of spending way too much money on a 16 TB NAS so I can RAID it and ensure I don't lose any of my pictures. I get no joy out of spending money on computers and technology.

Mornin!

Landscapers are supposed to show up today, but then again they said that Tuesday and didn't inform us of that fact until we prompted them Tuesday night. Thanks guys. My money is in this turning into a clusterfuck.

Thinking of spending way too much money on a 16 TB NAS so I can RAID it and ensure I don't lose any of my pictures. I get no joy out of spending money on computers and technology.
What NAS are you considering?

Sandwich

Pig my fish!
Staff member
May 23, 2002
borcester rhymes
just chillin. gotta re-wrap my rear wheel on the trail bike at some point. it keeps losing air...slowly, then fast.

I'm at work but our blood hain't come yet, so I'm just hanging out for the first time since the pandemic hit. feels weird man

Full Trucker

Frikkin newb!!!
Feb 26, 2003
Exit, CO
Day 4 of the new job. I don't think the natives have figured out that I have no idea what I'm doing yet. Also, corporate IT can suck it.

"Hey Evan, what kind of computer would you like?"
"I've been using Macs since the 80s, is it possible to get a MacBook Pro?"
"Sure, no problem."

My email wasn't configured on their end, they neglected to assign a license to my corporate network account. I called tech support multiple times to get it figured out.

"Oh... we don't support Macs."

Fuckers.

I Are Baboon

Vagina man
Aug 6, 2001
MTB New England
'Morning HOLY SHIT! lmao

On the subject of new jobs and the equipment that comes with it, I was given a swanky new ThinkPad. I am sure all of you tech nerds will tell me that it sucks, but it's a hell of a lot nicer than the old HP I was using at my last job. New Job did not provide any peripherals beyond a power cord, so I bought a docking station, keyboard, and mouse, and father in law had two extra monitors lying around. Not a bad setup going here.

canadmos

Cake Tease
May 29, 2011
Canaderp
Mornin!

How much is that?
'Morning HOLY SHIT! lmao

On the subject of new jobs and the equipment that comes with it, I was given a swanky new ThinkPad. I am sure all of you tech nerds will tell me that it sucks, but it's a hell of a lot nicer than the old HP I was using at my last job. New Job did not provide any peripherals beyond a power cord, so I bought a docking station, keyboard, and mouse, and father in law had two extra monitors lying around. Not a bad setup going here.

Infor eh.

Do you use Trans4m?

jonKranked

Detective Dookie
Nov 10, 2005
media blackout
'Morning HOLY SHIT! lmao

couldn't you just expense all that stuff?

Nick

My name is Nick
Sep 21, 2001
where the trails are
'Morning HOLY SHIT! lmao

that's my kind of Rubik's cube. :bonk:

dan-o

Turbo Monkey
Jun 30, 2004
Wife is spending her day laying people off.
PPP has run out and her institution, like several other major art museums and non profits in Boston, is cleaning house.

Headed to Maine for 3 day weekend.
Splitting time between our place and visiting our friends house on the lake in Belgrade.
I need to get the fuck away from society.

Toshi

butthole powerwashing evangelist
Oct 23, 2001
Hello all. I had a 7 AM Zoom meeting (gah, not my group--who schedules meetings then?!) that I participated in from my couch, with the 5 year old under my arm. Now at work.

Full Trucker

Frikkin newb!!!
Feb 26, 2003
Exit, CO
I bought a new monitor and a couple of connectors on my own dime for my new work computer... for one, I'm a contractor so I doubt I'd get an expense account. For two, my personal MacBook is 10+ years old so if / when I upgrade it, I'll need these same connectors and new monitor anyways. For three... uh... three?

stoney

Part of the unwashed, middle-American horde
Jul 26, 2006
Colorado
Here. Got my table saw put together this am. Didn't get the frame mounted yesterday before Hannah went to bed, so it will be going up shortly. Due to shape of built-in's, I am struggling to get the width I need to support the edges of the Durock (2+" unsupported), so I'm just going to rip some 2x4's to the right size and use liquid nail to attach it to the cabinets themselves. It's not the best way to do it, but it's my only choice that gets me the structure I need. @dano-o any feedback on that?

Had to buy a hammer drill to get the auger bit out of header so that I could mount the cross-braces for the TV mount. Even then it struggled to get it out, so that fucker was wedged.

Ended up not mounting the new frame as far off from the wall as planned (fireplace not moving, so will be an overhang), so I no longer have the space to run my smurf tube. I need to figure out how best to run it without damaging structural beams. I have a plan, but figuring out how to provide an end that I can attach it to then put an HDMI plate onto is getting frustrating. I might just end it on the stud itself then use screws to attach it into the stud directly vs. a low voltage box. I have the feeling the contractor would be having the same issues...

Also still no word back from contractor, not surprisingly.

jstuhlman

bagpipe wanker
Dec 3, 2009
Cackalacka du Nord
I got a root canal yesterday

do not recommend
i had to get one last year because I'd put it off for maybe 8 or 9 and it got infected and the pain was intolerable. i thought it actually wasn't really any worse than a filling. i guess i should get around to getting the crown put on so it doesn't happen again though, eh?

dan-o

Turbo Monkey
Jun 30, 2004
Here. Got my table saw put together this am. Didn't get the frame mounted yesterday before Hannah went to bed, so it will be going up shortly. Due to shape of built-in's, I am struggling to get the width I need to support the edges of the Durock (2+" unsupported), so I'm just going to rip some 2x4's to the right size and use liquid nail to attach it to the cabinets themselves. It's not the best way to do it, but it's my only choice that gets me the structure I need. @dano-o any feedback on that?

Had to buy a hammer drill to get the auger bit out of header so that I could mount the cross-braces for the TV mount. Even then it struggled to get it out, so that fucker was wedged.

Ended up not mounting the new frame as far off from the wall as planned (fireplace not moving, so will be an overhang), so I no longer have the space to run my smurf tube. I need to figure out how best to run it without damaging structural beams. I have a plan, but figuring out how to provide an end that I can attach it to then put an HDMI plate onto is getting frustrating. I might just end it on the stud itself then use screws to attach it into the stud directly vs. a low voltage box. I have the feeling the contractor would be having the same issues...

Also still no word back from contractor, not surprisingly.
Post a pic, I havent been following the details

Full Trucker

Frikkin newb!!!
Feb 26, 2003
Exit, CO
My email wasn't configured on their end, they neglected to assign a license to my corporate network account.
I have email now.

But I'm not allowed to use an email client to access it... I have to use the browser version of Outlook. What kind of hot garbage is THAT?!!?