Quantcast

¡¡¡ YOU CAN'T MAKE ME, THURSDAY gmt !!!

slyfink

Turbo Monkey
Sep 16, 2008
Ottawa, Canada
So I have a very generic email address, and as a result I keep getting random emails from people who should have similarly generic email addresses. I am apparently part of a georgian black women's sorority, a school teacher in tenessee, I bought a Honda in california, previously donated to the obama campaign, and some other fun nonsense.

Recently I have started getting some rather strange emails though- a woman is writing to her mother complaining about back pain and describing the shit she's going through- can't stand, on pain meds, yadda yadda. These emails are being forwarded to me by I don't know whom, so I'm not really sure of the appropriate course of action. Probably just write back with "I'm not who you think I am" like I usually do...sometimes I feel like it's better to let them figure it out instead of saying "Yeah I've read your last 5 emails describing how we should have a get together in Atlanta, but I'm a white dude living in boston" or that "I really hope you have a great second grade class, but I'm afraid I won't be contributing school supplies because I have my own children in Boston", but sometimes I have to be more direct.
I have a buddy whose name is David. We call him Dave. There is another David with the exact same last name in England. My buddy Dave's email is david.xyz@gmail. The other Dave's email is dave.xyz@gmail. For years we would wind up sending our ride planning emails (and trash talk) to the wrong Dave. It was hilarious, caus' sometimes he'd reply, and we woudn't even realize it wasn't "our" Dave responding. We now use Slack for ride planning, so the chances of inadvertently sending it to the wrong person is low. Clearing our cache didn't work caus' there's like 15 of us in our group... and if we all didn't do it at the same time, it'd start all over again!

Jozz

Joe Dalton
Apr 18, 2002
SADL
So I have a very generic email address, and as a result I keep getting random emails from people who should have similarly generic email addresses. I am apparently part of a georgian black women's sorority, a school teacher in tenessee, I bought a Honda in california, previously donated to the obama campaign, and some other fun nonsense.

Recently I have started getting some rather strange emails though- a woman is writing to her mother complaining about back pain and describing the shit she's going through- can't stand, on pain meds, yadda yadda. These emails are being forwarded to me by I don't know whom, so I'm not really sure of the appropriate course of action. Probably just write back with "I'm not who you think I am" like I usually do...sometimes I feel like it's better to let them figure it out instead of saying "Yeah I've read your last 5 emails describing how we should have a get together in Atlanta, but I'm a white dude living in boston" or that "I really hope you have a great second grade class, but I'm afraid I won't be contributing school supplies because I have my own children in Boston", but sometimes I have to be more direct.
So what IS your email?

Adventurous

Starshine Bro
Mar 19, 2014
Crawlorado
Ah, tomorrow is my first pay day, and I now remember the wonderful feeling of seeing my pre-tax pay dwindle to a depressingly small number once everyone else takes their cut.

6thElement

Schrodinger's Immigrant
Jul 29, 2008
i am here, again.

debating which saddle to get....neon, or neon? or not neon :(

also wondering if I should sell my SRAM rotors and get some ultegras. Might be able to break even, the SRAMs are worth more than I thought.
There were two of the SRAM 160 CL on ebay for $75ea when I checked the other day.

SkaredShtles

Michael Bolton
Sep 21, 2003
In a van.... down by the river
thankfully i generally don't remember my weirdest dreams.
I basically don't remember ANY dreams. Either that or I don't *have* dreams. Which I've heard is a sign that you might be dead. So maybe I'm deceased. And ex-parrot, as it were.

Tax refund hit checking.

Paid off the Mazda, paid off wife's last student loan.

#tycoonlyfe!

:fancy:
Goddammit. I really need to do SOMETHING about my fucking taxes. :mad: