Quantcast

¡!¡?¿?Thursdon’tGMT?¿?¡!¡

Sandwich

Pig my fish!
Staff member
May 23, 2002
borcester rhymes
Anybody have any experience with real estate law/issues? My property borders the DPW and they want to put a new gas station about as close to my property as they can without getting my eyes wet. I would love to get them to reconsider or make a better effort to hide the thing....

Toshi

butthole powerwashing evangelist
Oct 23, 2001
Hello all. Visiting brother in-law leaves this afternoon, so have to get him out driving the Tesla this morning. Zoom zoooooom

jonKranked

Detective Dookie
Nov 10, 2005
media blackout
Anybody have any experience with real estate law/issues? My property borders the DPW and they want to put a new gas station about as close to my property as they can without getting my eyes wet. I would love to get them to reconsider or make a better effort to hide the thing....
start with your townships zoning committee

canadmos

Cake Tease
May 29, 2011
Canaderp
Raining here. Still so much damn snow up north, so we had a pretty fun fat bike ride last night. It was mostly drifty/slippy snowcone texture type of snow.

I am hungry already. Damnit.
tomorrow I fly to Arizona with my oldest to visit my aunt and cousins. the FTS is high at the moment.
No bikey mcbikebike time?

slyfink

Turbo Monkey
Sep 16, 2008
Ottawa, Canada
Raining here. Still so much damn snow up north, so we had a pretty fun fat bike ride last night. It was mostly drifty/slippy snowcone texture type of snow.

I am hungry already. Damnit.

No bikey mcbikebike time?
unfortunately not. we're only there three days. and my elbow is still fuxxored (but getting better).

slyfink

Turbo Monkey
Sep 16, 2008
Ottawa, Canada
Where too?
My aunt is in Fountain Hills, and my cousins are in Scottsdale and Tempe. It's a quick trip, mostly because I missed the service for my uncle in December. We'll do a quick trip to visit where he is buried (Veteran's cemetery), maybe a hike, a visit to a museum, and a swim. I had thought of bringing a helmet and renting a bike to ride on South Mountain or McDowell Park, but I think it's too much of a hassle with so little time. I'll do a ride trip there another time.

Nick

My name is Nick
Sep 21, 2001
where the trails are
My aunt is in Fountain Hills, and my cousins are in Scottsdale and Tempe. It's a quick trip, mostly because I missed the service for my uncle in December. We'll do a quick trip to visit where he is buried (Veteran's cemetery), maybe a hike, a visit to a museum, and a swim. I had thought of bringing a helmet and renting a bike to ride on South Mountain or McDowell Park, but I think it's too much of a hassle with so little time. I'll do a ride trip there another time.
if you CAN squeeze in a ride at SM you will not regret it. Luv that place.

KenW449

Thanos did nothing wrong
Jun 13, 2017
Floating down the whiskey river...
Enjoy your visit.

dan-o

Turbo Monkey
Jun 30, 2004
Municipalities tend to play by different rules than unwashed masses and will try to steamroll you. A quick consult with a RE attorney would be my first call followed by reaching out to city to express concerns. After they tell you to fuck off your state rep is next call.

eric strt6

Resident Curmudgeon
Sep 8, 2001
directly above the center of the earth
Slept in. Not like I can do anything but sit on the couch anyways. Hospital strength nerve block wore off but the stuff in the portable pump is strong enough to keep the discomfort level at a 2-3 range which is quite manageable. Ruth is getting the hang of making coffee that I find to be just about right, win!!!!! Tamales with ghost pepper salsa is on the lunch menu :cheers:

Adventurous

Starshine Bro
Mar 19, 2014
Crawlorado
Mornin!

Survived Angel’s Landing, which, for someone who is scared of being on the roof of his one story home, should be considered one hell of a personal victory. Nothing like being on a 3’ wide path with nothing but 1000’ of air on either side.

Today we go to Valley of Fire state park then onto Vegas for a night or two. Should be interesting as neither of us are Vegas kinda people.

TN

Hey baby, want a hot dog?
Jul 9, 2002
Jimtown, CO
Mornin!

Survived Angel’s Landing, which, for someone who is scared of being on the roof of his one story home, should be considered one hell of a personal victory. Nothing like being on a 3’ wide path with nothing but 1000’ of air on either side.

Today we go to Valley of Fire state park then onto Vegas for a night or two. Should be interesting as neither of us are Vegas kinda people.
Its gapers coming down as I was going up that fucked me up. I trust no one in those situations.

TN

Hey baby, want a hot dog?
Jul 9, 2002
Jimtown, CO
Bleh. Cooties. Have a massive sinus headache. Im blaming the germ-y sick girls, my lady is blaming allergies. Hmmmmph.
I still have to go down to the brown cloud for meeting though.
FTS...at least I can Pho down there.

mandown

Poopdeck Repost
Jun 1, 2004
Transylvania 90210
Eek

Sandwich

Pig my fish!
Staff member
May 23, 2002
borcester rhymes
Municipalities tend to play by different rules than unwashed masses and will try to steamroll you. A quick consult with a RE attorney would be my first call followed by reaching out to city to express concerns. After they tell you to fuck off your state rep is next call.
thanks for the advice. I sat through the public hearing last night, and the first 45m before getting to this subject was just people bitching about a developer and giving them the 9th degree to try and save their sightlines etc. Then our turn came up and they were like "this is a great idea, yay, are you sure it's big enough" so the rules are clearly different.

It's especially tough because the wife doesn't want to fight it...she's a total pushover when it comes to conflict...but I know that this is likely going to be unsightly, lower our property value, and increase noise in the winter time. It is fortunately not right behind our house, but rather our neighbors, but it's likely that in the winter time trucks will line up behind ours to refuel at this station before going out for more fun.

The previous owner of our house raked a developer over the coals when he wanted to put a cell phone tower back there. I suppose I should start with him and use his attorney to try and get the town to reconsider, but it's not like they're going to. I figure if I can get at least a nice fence up there, then it'll be a win in the greater scheme of things.

Adventurous

Starshine Bro
Mar 19, 2014
Crawlorado
thanks for the advice. I sat through the public hearing last night, and the first 45m before getting to this subject was just people bitching about a developer and giving them the 9th degree to try and save their sightlines etc. Then our turn came up and they were like "this is a great idea, yay, are you sure it's big enough" so the rules are clearly different.

It's especially tough because the wife doesn't want to fight it...she's a total pushover when it comes to conflict...but I know that this is likely going to be unsightly, lower our property value, and increase noise in the winter time. It is fortunately not right behind our house, but rather our neighbors, but it's likely that in the winter time trucks will line up behind ours to refuel at this station before going out for more fun.

The previous owner of our house raked a developer over the coals when he wanted to put a cell phone tower back there. I suppose I should start with him and use his attorney to try and get the town to reconsider, but it's not like they're going to. I figure if I can get at least a nice fence up there, then it'll be a win in the greater scheme of things.
Killdozer time!!!