Quantcast

¡!¡?¿?Thursdon’tGMT?¿?¡!¡

dan-o

Turbo Monkey
Jun 30, 2004
thanks for the advice. I sat through the public hearing last night, and the first 45m before getting to this subject was just people bitching about a developer and giving them the 9th degree to try and save their sightlines etc. Then our turn came up and they were like "this is a great idea, yay, are you sure it's big enough" so the rules are clearly different.

It's especially tough because the wife doesn't want to fight it...she's a total pushover when it comes to conflict...but I know that this is likely going to be unsightly, lower our property value, and increase noise in the winter time. It is fortunately not right behind our house, but rather our neighbors, but it's likely that in the winter time trucks will line up behind ours to refuel at this station before going out for more fun.

The previous owner of our house raked a developer over the coals when he wanted to put a cell phone tower back there. I suppose I should start with him and use his attorney to try and get the town to reconsider, but it's not like they're going to. I figure if I can get at least a nice fence up there, then it'll be a win in the greater scheme of things.
You’re in Waltham right? I can see where they’d likely put that based on aerial view. A sound blocking wall as seen on offramps would probably do the trick blocking noise and light pollution when trees are bare. A similar battle was fought and won by abutters against our town when rebuilding the transfer station.

Full Trucker

Frikkin newb!!!
Feb 26, 2003
Exit, CO

Sandwich

Pig my fish!
Staff member
May 23, 2002
borcester rhymes
You’re in Waltham right? I can see where they’d likely put that based on aerial view. A sound blocking wall as seen on offramps would probably do the trick blocking noise and light pollution when trees are bare. A similar battle was fought and won by abutters against our town when rebuilding the transfer station.
Nah, I'm in Sudbury. If you google the DPW, we're just to the north of it. They want to put the above ground tanks right behind the dude's pool, 241ft to his back door (and probably 100ft from his pool). I have less of a dog in the fight, but my concern centers around traffic flow.

dan-o

Turbo Monkey
Jun 30, 2004
Nah, I'm in Sudbury. If you google the DPW, we're just to the north of it. They want to put the above ground tanks right behind the dude's pool, 241ft to his back door (and probably 100ft from his pool). I have less of a dog in the fight, but my concern centers around traffic flow.
There’s gotta be an endangered salamander or something in Hop Brook that makes a fuel depot environmentally reckless. Demand an environmental study of the wetlands impact.

Nick

My name is Nick
Sep 21, 2001
where the trails are
I thawed leftover pulled pork, cooked it up on a pan, warmed some refried beans w/jalapenos, topped with slaw and made carnitas tacos for lunch. 'Urp.

Full Trucker

Frikkin newb!!!
Feb 26, 2003
Exit, CO
Holy shit am I shelled after... a bunch of top to bottom Ajax runs.

Mussels and beers were good at the Ajax Tavern at the bottom of the gondola, but I forgot my monocle so I couldn't see the fucking menu. :rant:
But apparently you remembered your earhorn and could hear what the server was saying...

jdcamb

Tool Time!
Feb 17, 2002
Nowhere Man!
Project went well. Tired and sore. Fixed my Dads welder. Well I didn't. But its fixed. Another favor owed. Improvements tomorrow should wrap this shit show up.