Quantcast

¡!¡ Saturday !¡!

Toshi

butthole powerwashing evangelist
Oct 23, 2001
Hiking with family today. We didn't bring a carrier for Mariko so she will walk the whole time. Or so we hope. Maybe we will leave her at the side of the trail. :D

Maybe buying a new commuter bike today as well.

I Are Baboon

Vagina man
Aug 6, 2001
MTB New England
'Morning, folks! MBC dragged me to the pool for some laps this morning, which was my first swim since Ironman glory. 30 minutes of dragging ass. :dead: I'll go for a short run later....definitely still in full-on recovery mode. Slept another 10 hours last night. So.Much.Sleep.

eric strt6

Resident Curmudgeon
Sep 8, 2001
directly above the center of the earth
Slept in until 7, first aid station is set up so now I am finishing my coffee and having some food before the show starts. Drive here sucked ass last night. Two hours to go 65 miles as there were 6 different wrecks on the freeway.

Fool

The Thing cannot be described
Sep 10, 2001
Brooklyn
Heard a Fear Factory song somewhere in the the deep end of satellite radio this morning, and it made me think of Thor Wixom videos.

Toshi

butthole powerwashing evangelist
Oct 23, 2001
Hike successful. Mariko walked everything after being convinced that kitty hikers are ok with slipping and falling down now and then. She meowed and pawed the air the whole time, which is far better than whining.

Good Thai in Castle Rock, too. Who would've known…

canadmos

Cake Tease
May 29, 2011
Canaderp
Great day at the hill. Clouds kept the temperatures down at a reasonable level. Had to cut the day short, though. On the 2nd of 3rd time down, I got whipped by a small branch or something right in the knuckle on my pinky finger. The chunder was making it hurt a little too much by the end of each trail. Meh, still a great day on the bike.

Did a lap with @mykel. We'll need to do more next time...

Oh, would you look at that, it appears to be beer-o-clock.

(They named this beer after some local trails.....which ten years later I'm still waiting for someone to take me on a good tour of the place). Also not sure if I agree with their choice of bike for the label...

Good Thai in Castle Rock, too. Who would've known…
Thanks to you and @AngryMetalsmith I am craving some Thai. But am too lazy/tired to drive another 20 minutes to get the good stuff. :(

jstuhlman

bagpipe wanker
Dec 3, 2009
Cackalacka du Nord
older kid moved up a belt in rex kwon do this morning. now he's at a sleepover so we're combining forces with friends who have a son old enough to babysit, sticking our younger son with him, and we're all going out for indian fooooooood.

stevew

resident influencer
Sep 21, 2001
Heard a Fear Factory song somewhere in the the deep end of satellite radio this morning, and it made me think of Thor Wixom videos.
did that thought include the mental image of bender rag dolling a drop.....?

6thElement

Schrodinger's Immigrant
Jul 29, 2008
Le tired after 31.5 miles above 10000ft going from Kenosha Pass to Breckenridge with @Adventurous and my wife. Thankfully no snow up top despite some nearby peaks being covered in fresh white stuff.

@Nick @Full Trucker , we couldn't spot any of the rare Rocky Mountain variety despite peering down into the valley for a couple of minutes.

Trestle for some DH tomorrow.

jdcamb

Tool Time!
Feb 17, 2002
Nowhere Man!
Great day at the hill. Clouds kept the temperatures down at a reasonable level. Had to cut the day short, though. On the 2nd of 3rd time down, I got whipped by a small branch or something right in the knuckle on my pinky finger. The chunder was making it hurt a little too much by the end of each trail. Meh, still a great day on the bike.

Did a lap with @mykel. We'll need to do more next time...

Oh, would you look at that, it appears to be beer-o-clock.

(They named this beer after some local trails.....which ten years later I'm still waiting for someone to take me on a good tour of the place). Also not sure if I agree with their choice of bike for the label...

Thanks to you and @AngryMetalsmith I am craving some Thai. But am too lazy/tired to drive another 20 minutes to get the good stuff. :(
Rode in Kelso today. Do you ever ride there?

CBJ

year old fart
Mar 19, 2002
Copenhagen, Denmark
Making the ride is what count.

Put gas on the car and got it washed that is about all I have done today. Family returns tomorrow.

AngryMetalsmith

Business is good, thanks for asking
Jun 4, 2006
I have no idea where I am
Post work ride was rained out so napping skills were honed instead.

Not a great month for riding, haven't broken 10 rides yet. Last year I banged out 21 rides in August.

And I too had Thai tonight, but not from the place across from the trailhead.

rideit

Bob the Builder
Aug 24, 2004
In the cleavage of the Tetons
Le tired after 31.5 miles above 10000ft going from Kenosha Pass to Breckenridge with @Adventurous and my wife. Thankfully no snow up top despite some nearby peaks being covered in fresh white stuff.

@Nick @Full Trucker , we couldn't spot any of the rare Rocky Mountain variety despite peering down into the valley for a couple of minutes.

Trestle for some DH tomorrow.
God I love that ride.

jstuhlman

bagpipe wanker
Dec 3, 2009
Cackalacka du Nord
Not a great month for riding, haven't broken 10 rides yet. Last year I banged out 21 rides in August.
dang. I'm at 22 for the year, not counting a weekend at snowshoe, but i enjoyed the hell out of every one and 12 of them were at wilsons and 2 pisgah proper.

that puts me well a head of pace for last year unless this fall is utterly horrible.

AngryMetalsmith

Business is good, thanks for asking
Jun 4, 2006
I have no idea where I am
dang. I'm at 22 for the year, not counting a weekend at snowshoe, but i enjoyed the hell out of every one and 12 of them were at wilsons and 2 pisgah proper.

that puts me well a head of pace for last year unless this fall is utterly horrible.
108 total rides so far this year.

I hear ya on the quality over quantity though. Some of the local stuff is ridden to maintain fitness, do recovery rides, or just to keep endorphin withdrawal at bay. Although the trail options are limited it still beats riding a road bike.