Quantcast

(.)¡(.) It's morning, or I think it's morning, or something like that. (.)¡(.)

stoney

Part of the unwashed, middle-American horde
Jul 26, 2006
Colorado
Here. Lamb vindaloo over eggs for breakfast. Work and prep for a very large webinar later this week.

canadmos

Cake Tease
May 29, 2011
Canaderp
Too much beer last night. Ugh.

This morning has been awesome. The cat let out this low meow at about 6am, which woke everyone up. He then puked right at the foot of the bed. Then at 6:30 the phone rings. Then as I'm leaving for work, I notice that the cat has also puked on our living room table. What the heck man?

Hoping for a slow day. Do not want to open my email....

slyfink

Turbo Monkey
Sep 16, 2008
Ottawa, Canada
Forgot the boy's hat, mask, and water bottle for his outdoor adventure camp today. it's hot and muggy - feels like 91 now and will be going up to 93 later. luckily the camp has extra masks and water.

my wife and I are both working from home for the time being. she's in our "office" and I'm in the kitchen. my mouse broke, and for whatever reason the trackpad on my laptop keeps conking out. Amazon Prime to the rescue (not same day, but tomorrow is fine).

needless to say, not the best start to the day. let's see if I can turn this bitch around.

stoney

Part of the unwashed, middle-American horde
Jul 26, 2006
Colorado
Did enough to finish up the family room that I'll do a before and after now. I still have to grout the hearth, but that's a small item. Wifey is submitting the pictures to a local stone and tile store doing a home improvement change competition. I think we might actually have a chance in this one.
IMG_20200429_162504.jpg

IMG_20200720_083229.jpg

Adventurous

Starshine Bro
Mar 19, 2014
Crawlorado
Yo!

Weekend spent in Vermont was toasty. Didn't do shit except lay around, hang out with my dad, bro, SIL, wife and dogs, and eat good food. No complaints.

Company has pledged to restore 100% of our salary come 9/1, which is cool. I like that.

After his "why are there no women-folk on the RM?!" lament a few days ago, too.
Maybe he's just trying to attract the type of women who are down to have their cleavage mushroom stamped. We could use a few more of those around here, Reddit seems to hog them all.

Westy

the teste
Nov 22, 2002
Sleazattle
Yo!

Weekend spent in Vermont was toasty. Didn't do shit except lay around, hang out with my dad, bro, SIL, wife and dogs, and eat good food. No complaints.

Company has pledged to restore 100% of our salary come 9/1, which is cool. I like that.

Maybe he's just trying to attract the type of women who are down to have their cleavage mushroom stamped. We could use a few more of those around here, Reddit seems to hog them all.

I am sure FAP for Jesus is also a strong pull for women who like to masturbate to men in loincloths. Master plan has he.

StiHacka

Compensating for something
Jan 4, 2013
In hell. Welcome!
A friend is helping me find some small-ish contracting projects in his company, but I may lose qualification for job unemployment if I take them because contracting makes me a business owner. My application for UB has not even cleared yet and this is probably the riskiest stage to test the contracting waters. Ugh, my head is about to explode.

Jm_

sled dog's bollocks
Jan 14, 2002
AK
Too much beer last night. Ugh.

This morning has been awesome. The cat let out this low meow at about 6am, which woke everyone up. He then puked right at the foot of the bed. Then at 6:30 the phone rings. Then as I'm leaving for work, I notice that the cat has also puked on our living room table. What the heck man?

Hoping for a slow day. Do not want to open my email....
I would suggest curtailing your cat's alcohol intake.

1595259132707.png

Last edited:

maxyedor

<b>TOOL PRO</b>
Oct 20, 2005
In the bathroom, fighting a battle
Morning friends. I think I will shop for an espresso maker. What do fellow Monkeys have or recommend. Under $250

I don't even think you're allowed to utter the word Espresso on this forum unless your machine was over $1k.

Don't tell anybody, but I have one of these https://www.amazon.com/DeLonghi-EC155-Espresso-Cappuccino-Maker/dp/B000F49XXG/ref=sr_1_2?crid=3MS70GZ3OY40Y&dchild=1&keywords=delonghi+espresso+machine&qid=1595262440&sprefix=delon,aps,234&sr=8-2 and one of these (more for camping, but it works indoors just fine) https://www.amazon.com/Bialetti-6633-Stovetop-Espresso-Maker/dp/B071CGGMRG/ref=sr_1_12?crid=4732IL29ODTJ&dchild=1&keywords=italian+espresso+maker+stovetop&qid=1595262531&sprefix=italian,aps,219&sr=8-12

Both make a great espresso, assuming you use good beans and clean water, but neither cost enough for the monocle coffee crowd

dan-o

Turbo Monkey
Jun 30, 2004
A friend is helping me find some small-ish contracting projects in his company, but I may lose qualification for job unemployment if I take them because contracting makes me a business owner. My application for UB has not even cleared yet and this is probably the riskiest stage to test the contracting waters. Ugh, my head is about to explode.
Can you earn more contracting that being on the dole?

StiHacka

Compensating for something
Jan 4, 2013
In hell. Welcome!
Can you earn more contracting that being on the dole?
I wish I had the answer, for a few weeks - possibly, for a longer time period - likely not. I do not want to commit to a long term project as I may need to leave quickly in case I find a job in the meantime.
I have not done any contracting before, in my career it is usually a one way street - there's no coming back to employment. I know people who started contracting for a company that could not afford them full time with the plan of getting a full employment later - alas that is not my case.

stevew

resident influencer
Sep 21, 2001
After his "why are there no women-folk on the RM?!" lament a few days ago, too.
women are wise to the internet.....it's like a highschool party.....50 guys...2 girls....a dick tank...

eaterofdog

ass grabber
Sep 8, 2006
Central Florida
Morning. Fat bike shopping now... mostly because I'm fat again. For trails, is a full squish fat tire bike necessary??? Torn between a RM Blizzard Rigid or the Salsa Bucksaw fully......
Don't bother with that crap unless you ride sand all the time. SO much friction. Put some 2.5s on a regular MTB.

Pesqueeb

bicycle in airplane hangar
Feb 2, 2007
Riding the baggage carousel.
Oo.... Thanks for the reminder, time to go refile for funemployment for the last two weeks

Jm_

sled dog's bollocks
Jan 14, 2002
AK
Morning. Fat bike shopping now... mostly because I'm fat again. For trails, is a full squish fat tire bike necessary??? Torn between a RM Blizzard Rigid or the Salsa Bucksaw fully......
Ha, it's a fucking rigid bike. I use mine mostly during winter, but during summer for road-hill climb training and the odd gravel race. Recently, I rode one out to a trail-work party, on about half a mile of "flow" type trail. It'll bounce you to hell and back. There's a very narrow LOW speed and impact range where the tires can absorb some stuff with low pressure and on a trail, you basically cannot control this, any time you start going faster than a walking pace, it starts to knock your brain against your skull. The other effect is it feels like you are drunk, you want the wheels to turn, but they don't.

IMO, the people raving about these (and they claim they are faster on them) are newbies with no balance or confidence and they ain't going fast on them, but maybe faster than their whatever-other bike, you start pushing these on trails and you quickly find that they suck for them.

Now, all of that said, one thing that is good is that it's not like a snowboard in the summer. You CAN ride these bikes on trails and people DO ride rigid bikes all the time, just don't go thinking that that 4 or 5" tires give you "suspension", they most certainly do not. In the winter, we have the effects of much lower pressure (than can be ran in the summer), the traction limits speed more, the snow surface, even when it's fairly packed-absorbs a lot of energy for impacts, the roots and in-betweens all fill with ice/snow and pack smoothly, and so on. It's just not the same game in the winter.

I'd like to see some better FS options that could be fitted with normal sized rims/tires for summer use, but the development here is way too much of a niche. The Foes is interesting, but way too much weight.

Last edited: