Quantcast

~!¡!~SundayFundayGFMT~!¡!~

Serial Midget

Al Bundy
Jun 25, 2002
Fort of Rio Grande
Morning Monkies! After 2 days off the bike I'm feeling pretty energetic, I plan on an 18 mile XC ride to the end of the trail at a place called Box Elder Canyon. The weather should be awesome.

StiHacka

Compensating for something
Jan 4, 2013
In hell. Welcome!
Gotta finish a rebuild of rear wheel before I can ride again. I laced it with dentist spokes last night, now it's tensioning and truing time. Plus I need to replace the POS dropper again.

canadmos

Cake Tease
May 29, 2011
Canaderp
Gotta finish a rebuild of rear wheel before I can ride again. I laced it with dentist spokes last night, now it's tensioning and truing time. Plus I need to replace the POS dropper again.
Have you tried a KS? They aren't very dentite friendly, but the two I've had have never stopped going up and down.

Just waiting on some people's to give me word on when we're riding.

Looks like it's a local ride with one group and then (I hope) a second ride this afternoon with another group in the rocks. Though, the second group is returning from camping, so who knows how hungover they are...

Last edited:

Toshi

butthole powerwashing evangelist
Oct 23, 2001
Today has me mowing the lawns then headed to a Santa Cruz demo day. I'm going to pay particular attention to the 5010 and other shorter travel options.

CBJ

year old fart
Mar 19, 2002
Copenhagen, Denmark
Felt so stupid on the trial yesterday. I have had problems controlling the bike through slow rocky sections with one OTB and several close calls. Then finally it hit me that my rebound was too quick. Funny just as I came down from this technical section my friend told me about how he slows down the rebound for the trails and speeds it up at the local bike park. I my rebound setting was based off how I used to set it up on the DH bike. I do wish I got to ride more so I had a little more trail hours on the bike for suspension tuning.

eric strt6

Resident Curmudgeon
Sep 8, 2001
directly above the center of the earth
I slept really well after yesterdays ride, woke up at dawn to the sounds of a crop dusting helicopter working the fields about a half mile away. Dogs are walked and fed, I'm drinking coffee and kicking back until I need to take my med bags over to the aid station. Did I mention that I had a great grilled bone in Rib eye steak and a kale salad for dinner last night? life be good.

Have you tried a KS? They are very dentite friendly, but the two I've had have never stopped going up and down.

Just waiting on some people's to give me word on when we're riding.

Looks like it's a local ride with one group and then (I hope) a second ride this afternoon with another group in the rocks. Though, the second group is returning from camping, so who knows how hungover they are...
my KS Lev is still working fine after a year and a half.

Now for poutine and iced coffee...

jstuhlman

bagpipe wanker
Dec 3, 2009
Cackalacka du Nord
20 miles, 3300' climbing and descending on some of my favorite trails in wilson creek. 65* and light mist. extra bonus: remaining coffee was still warm when i got back to the car. :D i do believe there's a stone ruination bomber in the fridge at home.

boostindoubles

Nacho Libre
Mar 16, 2004
Yakistan
Slept through the group ride this morning. Oops, I got shot to do though and would rather ride my overgrown trails this evening when it cools off. Dusk trail rides are the primo summer option around here.

Driving to Laramie tomorrow... It's supposed to be 104 across Idaho. Fuck that state, potatos are stupid.

Serial Midget

Al Bundy
Jun 25, 2002
Fort of Rio Grande
Slept through the group ride this morning. Oops, I got shot to do though and would rather ride my overgrown trails this evening when it cools off. Dusk trail rides are the primo summer option around here.

Driving to Laramie tomorrow... It's supposed to be 104 across Idaho. Fuck that state, potatos are stupid.
I cannot support your potato hate.

dan-o

Turbo Monkey
Jun 30, 2004
I have a freshly rebuilt KS integra if you're looking.

canadmos

Cake Tease
May 29, 2011
Canaderp
Only did the one ride today, other dudes who were camping were too hungover to ride today; though they told me that while they were drinking again at another brewery. :blah:

Holy cow was it hot today.

boostindoubles

Nacho Libre
Mar 16, 2004
Yakistan
I cannot support your potato hate.
The only redeeming factor to tomorrows drive is the 80mph speed limit.

I will say, had it only been a 70 degree day forecast tomorrow I would reserve the hate for Ogden/SLC traffic. And I would have taken a pit stop in Boise for some foothills action.

Last edited:

6thElement

Schrodinger's Immigrant
Jul 29, 2008
It was rumored rideable almost to the top. I ran out of gas around 11.6K. It's a good thing you didn't come with. I was glacial-slow. :D
High country rides (including point-to-point shuttle) will definitely need to be done once we get back from BC Bikerace.

Toshi

butthole powerwashing evangelist
Oct 23, 2001
Today has me mowing the lawns then headed to a Santa Cruz demo day. I'm going to pay particular attention to the 5010 and other shorter travel options.
Lawns were duly mowed and Santa Cruz demo day attended. I was there from about 10:15 to 2. I rode a Tallboy, a Bronson (again), and a 5010. Like Goldilocks I thought they were not enough bike, too much bike, and just the right amount of bike, respectively.

The only other bike I still want to ride is a Pivot Switchblade in 29er guise as the angles seem just about the same as the 5010, but that demo day isn't until the end of August. My desire to take out bikes for more paid demo days is rapidly waning, though.

Westy

the teste
Nov 22, 2002
Sleazattle
Went dentisting for a solid 4 hours. Fucking spent. Refuelling with a tasty burrito,. Beer after walking the idiot dog.

Serial Midget

Al Bundy
Jun 25, 2002
Fort of Rio Grande
Today I rode the entire South Shore trail system which is about 16 miles and 1400 feet of gain. I remembered why I seldom do the entire loop; the middle 3 or 4 miles is an absolute suffer fest with only a view for a payoff. Not much woo hoo... it's a ride you do just to say you did it. I did it on the Giggle Pig and my shoulders are fucking tired.

http://www.mtbproject.com/widget/trail?v=3&map=1&type=trail&id=7004689&x=-12380456&y=6029362&z=7%22%3E%3C/iframe%3E

The last time I did the entire loop I did it on a hardtail with 1.95 tires in about 2.5 hours, today's effort took a little over 3 hours on the Yeti. I refused to stiffen anything up or lock anything out.

StiHacka

Compensating for something
Jan 4, 2013
In hell. Welcome!
Shake down ride of a new built wheel. Dentist spokes turned out to be a challenge, I had to unbox TM-1 for help. Ride was short but intense and wheel seems to beholding fine.

Serial Midget

Al Bundy
Jun 25, 2002
Fort of Rio Grande
If I had to choose from a few million Colorado peeps or a couple hundred thousand mormons... I'm going with the Mormons as they demonstrate concern for my eternal soul while pretty much everyone with a car on the front range wants me dead.

Last edited: