Quantcast

¡ Vengeday !

HardtailHack

used an iron once
Jan 20, 2009
Got to put a new head on an engine today, I was happy that the other mech and apprentice were knocking off early so I could concentrate, but the boss kept the apprentice there so they could both try to distract me while I went through this sequence, hahaha!

Screenshot_20220427-154311383.jpg

canadmos

Cake Tease
May 29, 2011
Canaderp
Skipping on the ride tonight, due to crappy sleep last night. And my head is feeling super foggy AND had to run to the toilet twice already. BLARGH :s

Snow flakes are also falling from the sky, wtf?

Is today over yet?

Sandwich

Pig my fish!
Staff member
May 23, 2002
borcester rhymes
:wave:

I've got some Ridewrap to fit to two bikes today, so that will be fun.
Let me know how it goes. Been thinking about wrapping the BMC. They don't make a wriderap for my bike, but I could cut something up. I just don't know how to do it/don't really care that much.

canadmos

Cake Tease
May 29, 2011
Canaderp
:wave:

I've got some Ridewrap to fit to two bikes today, so that will be fun.
Did my frame the other day - just the generic kit not the fitted one.

No odd curves on the frame which probably made it easier, but it seemed like a straight forward process. Don't be afraid to go crazy with the spray bottle and do it in a very bright well lit area. I did it in my living room, which doesn't have the brightest light. Didn't notice a few tiny air bubbles until the next day when the sun was shining on the frame...

6thElement

Schrodinger's Immigrant
Jul 29, 2008
Yeah, this is just generic, only need to do the top tube and seat stays. I've just been waiting for the weather to make my work areas warm enough.

Toshi

butthole powerwashing evangelist
Oct 23, 2001
I got kare pan this morning

And on the way I saw a F-150 perched atop the concrete divider on I-70 at Washington St. The driver hit the temporary barrier with the water filled attenuators hard enough to launch himself up there. Impressive physics feat, that

Otherwise working 4-10 pm from home and have a bunch of returns and a Power Zone Max ride on the day’s docket.

jonKranked

Detective Dookie
Nov 10, 2005
media blackout
found out last night that one of the first grade teacher's at my son's elementary school passed away. wasn't my sons teacher, but one of his friends. pancreatic cancer. found out this morning that she had gone to mexico for "holistic therapy". which, unsurprisingly, didn't work. she developed internal bleeding and had to be flown to california where she had a stroke (which i'm assuming was the cause of death). she wasn't that old, had 4 teenage kids.

stoney

Part of the unwashed, middle-American horde
Jul 26, 2006
Colorado
Got spokes for Haley's new front wheel yesterday, so that can get built. New bike gets here today. Layla gets her ACL surgery. And I'm sitting in the car listening to Hurt by NIN. Oh yeah, slept like shit and work.

stoney

Part of the unwashed, middle-American horde
Jul 26, 2006
Colorado
found out last night that one of the first grade teacher's at my son's elementary school passed away. wasn't my sons teacher, but one of his friends. pancreatic cancer. found out this morning that she had gone to mexico for "holistic therapy". which, unsurprisingly, didn't work. she developed internal bleeding and had to be flown to california where she had a stroke (which i'm assuming was the cause of death). she wasn't that old, had 4 teenage kids.
Desperate people are willing to try anything. Unfortunately, that usually doesn't work.

jimmydean

The Official Meat of Ridemonkey
Sep 10, 2001
Portland, OR
Morning Monkeys.

Back is jacked but mostly because I'm fat and lazy. It's a work in progress, but it sure isn't getting any easier with age. Work is a cluster since a bunch of folks have split.

Not sure if folks have quit because they aren't seeing changes or because they fear seeing changes? :clue:

Sandwich

Pig my fish!
Staff member
May 23, 2002
borcester rhymes
Desperate people are willing to try anything. Unfortunately, that usually doesn't work.
I've heard some of that from the MS community. Flying to weird facilities in mexico for lymphodepletion followed by stem cell reingraftment or something like that. I'm probably messing it up, but knowing MS- I can't say I wouldn't try anything if I was ill with it.

jonKranked

Detective Dookie
Nov 10, 2005
media blackout
I've heard some of that from the MS community. Flying to weird facilities in mexico for lymphodepletion followed by stem cell reingraftment or something like that. I'm probably messing it up, but knowing MS- I can't say I wouldn't try anything if I was ill with it.
i do differentiate medical traveling for *actual* medical procedures which aren't approved in this country. from what i can gather, the individual i'm talking about bypassed all standard medical care and dove headfirst into woo nonsense.