Quantcast

¡Friday buenos dias!

Nick

My name is Nick
Sep 21, 2001
where the trails are
Another night of rock solid sleep.
Neighborhood test ride shows these new lights are promising.
Way too much work for a Friday, but I'll take it.

stevew

resident influencer
Sep 21, 2001
mother fuck mother fuck mother fuck fuck fuck

MOTHER FUUUUUCK.....mother fuck fuck fuc'k...

Full Trucker

Frikkin newb!!!
Feb 26, 2003
Exit, CO
Night ride was super fun last night... fucking hardtail with "tall" gearing kinda cooked the legs. And these Chinese lights I have are just not as good as I would like them to be. Definitely gonna try and night ride more often this winter, and @Nick offered to let me check out his new fancy lights to see how nice they are and if they might be a good option.

CrabJoe StretchPants

Reincarnated Crab Walking Head Spinning Bruce Dick
Nov 30, 2003
Groton, MA
What do you enderpbro guys recommend for rim inserts? I have heard cushcore is the best protection, but a PITA to install and expensive. A good friend said Nukeproof is cheap, easy to install and good protection.

CrabJoe StretchPants

Reincarnated Crab Walking Head Spinning Bruce Dick
Nov 30, 2003
Groton, MA
Y'all ever just disappear into a fugue state for a little bit then just snap out of it later? Just lost 15 minutes zooming through the thoughts in my head.
Wait....what did you say?

If I ever had a 45min discussion with a psychiatrist/psychologist, I'm pretty sure I'd be heavily medicated. Or locked in a padded room.

Full Trucker

Frikkin newb!!!
Feb 26, 2003
Exit, CO
Trail bike is "officially" for sale... according to the dork-logger it has exactly one thousand SIX HUNDRED AND SIXTY SIX miles on it so I should probably find her a new home instead of putting any more miles on it.

\m/ (>_<) \m/

Full Trucker

Frikkin newb!!!
Feb 26, 2003
Exit, CO
why? i looked at it once, decided it was entirely too much work.
Because we just got an instapot thinger so maybe I'm looking for things to make in it? I haven't inwestigated what it takes to make oatmeal in the device and as such I have no idea if it's easier, quicker, more of a pain, or whatever. I mean... oatmeal IS pretty easy to make already. :think:

jonKranked

Detective Dookie
Nov 10, 2005
media blackout
What do you enderpbro guys recommend for rim inserts? I have heard cushcore is the best protection, but a PITA to install and expensive. A good friend said Nukeproof is cheap, easy to install and good protection.
i have Rimpact on 2 of my bikes (got it for my megatrail, liked it so much i got it for my scott). i have installed cushcore on my DH bike, but have not yet ridden it.

rimpact was a breeze to install. on my enve's, it was actually easier to mount/seat the tire than without. there are now 2 variants of rimpact, original (single density foam) and pro (dual density). i have the original. they are UK based, and while they don't have a US distributor, you can still order direct (took mine about 2-3 weeks for delivery, which isn't bad considering covid delays), even w/ international shipping it was half the price of CC.

Cush Core was definitely a difficult install. i don't know if i'd necessarily call it a pain in the ass; at no point during the install did i think "this isn't gonna work" or "i can't do this".

between the 2, i'd agree that CC is definitely going to provide better protection no doubt. if i was racing enduro i'd probably use it there too, but for general riding on my megatrail its been good (to be fair there's not much super gnarly riding around me, which is also why i've been riding my scott more later).

my favorite thing about the rimpact (and will probably have the same experience with CC) is that it helps keep the tires from rolling/deforming when pushing hard through corners. not constantly pinging off rims is just a bonus (a nice bonus with carbon rims).

if i was getting something enduro specific now, i'd probably try the rimpact pro (it wasn't released when i got mine). it's still cheaper than CC, and also 100g lighter.

i have Rimpact on 2 of my bikes (got it for my megatrail, liked it so much i got it for my scott). i have installed cushcore on my DH bike, but have not yet ridden it.

rimpact was a breeze to install. on my enve's, it was actually easier to mount/seat the tire than without. there are now 2 variants of rimpact, original (single density foam) and pro (dual density). i have the original. they are UK based, and while they don't have a US distributor, you can still order direct (took mine about 2-3 weeks for delivery, which isn't bad considering covid delays), even w/ international shipping it was half the price of CC.

Cush Core was definitely a difficult install. i don't know if i'd necessarily call it a pain in the ass; at no point during the install did i think "this isn't gonna work" or "i can't do this".

between the 2, i'd agree that CC is definitely going to provide better protection no doubt. if i was racing enduro i'd probably use it there too, but for general riding on my megatrail its been good (to be fair there's not much super gnarly riding around me, which is also why i've been riding my scott more later).

my favorite thing about the rimpact (and will probably have the same experience with CC) is that it helps keep the tires from rolling/deforming when pushing hard through corners. not constantly pinging off rims is just a bonus (a nice bonus with carbon rims).

if i was getting something enduro specific now, i'd probably try the rimpact pro (it wasn't released when i got mine). it's still cheaper than CC, and also 100g lighter.
I guess there needs to be a fat person's tire topic.

stoney

Part of the unwashed, middle-American horde
Jul 26, 2006
Colorado
Trail bike is "officially" for sale... according to the dork-logger it has exactly one thousand SIX HUNDRED AND SIXTY SIX miles on it so I should probably find her a new home instead of putting any more miles on it.

\m/ (>_<) \m/
Details. Old man might be interested.

stoney

Part of the unwashed, middle-American horde
Jul 26, 2006
Colorado
Here. After a week of no small child in the bed, she crawled in crying at 430am. I'm guessing a nightmare, given she made it that far. Potty training is going well; 2 accidents in the last week and she's getting pretty autonomous with going on her own. Still in a diaper at night though.

Buddy who is drawing up Haley's new loft bed in CAAD called me late last night and woke me up with questions. Hard to be mad, because he's doing me a huge favor, but at the same time it's 1130pm in CO. Let me sleep.

Wifey's list of "can you build that" has gotten a lot longer over the last few days. It now includes a console table, coffee table, end tables, 2 bed frames, and new kitchen cabinet doors (38 with drawer faces). Ugh.

Table saw will need an outfeed table if I can't modify my current workbench height enough. Even then it is relatively small, so my pace of building the second of the pair might be getting accelerated.

At least Haley's desk will get finished today. The drawer and drawer box were a pita, but are done finally. I just need to mount the rails and it's finished.