Quantcast

¡Friday buenos dias!

jstuhlman

bagpipe wanker
Dec 3, 2009
Cackalacka du Nord
Had a 1:1 with my boss. There are impending re-orgs. He said he wants me to be a "Strategy Leader". I don't know what that means, but what the hell.
you're now basically a:
1605915010515.jpeg

fun messing around ride in the books. mostly sessioning jump lines. 70* and sunny. rode 'til dark. us old men got cheered on by a group of 12yo's who told us we were "rad for sending it." :rofl:

beer nao and homemade pizza soon.

CrabJoe StretchPants

Reincarnated Crab Walking Head Spinning Bruce Dick
Nov 30, 2003
Groton, MA
Haley's desk is done. Not perfect, but done. Mounting the drawer was shockingly difficult. Next time I build a drawer, I will start with a drawer then build out from there.

Edit: it was built almost entirely out of scrap. I think my total cost is $45 for the desk sliders and because I had to get a sheet of 1/4" for the drawer base.

You think those drawer dividers are going to be strong enough?

Adventurous

Starshine Bro
Mar 19, 2014
Crawlorado
It does seem to work.....how well, hard to say. I had some front end looseness earlier this year (no context thread?), which turned out to be 10% failing TRE (found first), and 90% lower ball joint on the driver's side, which I found out most recently. Prior to the ball joint replacement, I put the SteerSmarts HD tie rod assembly and drag link in, and the difference was definitely noticeable as far as feedback at the steering wheel and tracking. However, how much of that difference was a result of the new HD linkage replacing the worn stock junk vs. the attenuator? Hard to say. But I bet the attenuator itself was a minor improvement overall, and was more or less a waste of money. But it had a sweet red boot, so YOLO AMIRITE?

Now if only I can find a local tire place that can reliably balance these MTRs :banghead:

#firstworldbrodozerproblems
You looked into Centramatic dynamic wheel balancers? Would eliminate the need for a good wheel tech, which is an oxymoron in itself.

Either that or its time for BBs.

CrabJoe StretchPants

Reincarnated Crab Walking Head Spinning Bruce Dick
Nov 30, 2003
Groton, MA
You looked into Centramatic dynamic wheel balancers? Would eliminate the need for a good wheel tech, which is an oxymoron in itself.

Either that or its time for BBs.
Last trip to the tire place was putting in BBs....still a shitload of wobble in at least 1 tire that I could see (driving with the doors off). Looks like the fucker was about to fall off at highway speeds. Rotating them changes the amount vibrations/wobbles, so I know it's a tire balance or more unlikely a rim issue. That was a couple months ago, and my 3rd time back, so I got sick of dealing with it and put it off.

Last trip to the tire place was putting in BBs....still a shitload of wobble in at least 1 tire that I could see (driving with the doors off). Looks like the fucker was about to fall off at highway speeds. Rotating them changes the amount vibrations/wobbles, so I know it's a tire balance or more unlikely a rim issue. That was a couple months ago, and my 3rd time back, so I got sick of dealing with it and put it off.
Or a broken belt...

eric strt6

Resident Curmudgeon
Sep 8, 2001
directly above the center of the earth
TSA at Oakland International was a breeze. Scanned my passport card. Scanned my shit in the tray, full body scan. Curb to gate took all of ten minutes. Now I have two hours to kill until boarding. Should be in Palm Springs by 2015 hours

canadmos

Cake Tease
May 29, 2011
Canaderp
Yeah that one definitely has something up his sleeve... all the pictures I got have him with that face :D

Actually looking at the white chest mark...that one might be ours. Devil squirrel!

jimmydean

The Official Meat of Ridemonkey
Sep 10, 2001
Portland, OR
Fun fact. The folks prowling your hood in COVID mask and hoodie are tough to identify even with your cool security cameras.

Still haven't found the neighbors van. The wife wants to ask if the keys were in it since nobody has asked. I told her nobody has asked because of course the keys were in it, or in the unlocked truck next to it because you can't hotwire a newer Honda like you used to.

Full Trucker

Frikkin newb!!!
Feb 26, 2003
Exit, CO
What gearing does it have?
I think the lowest gear is a 32/42 on a 10-speed cassette or some such nonsense. Not like 32/18 single speed gearing or anything, but "tall" when compared to the 30/50 Eagle on the other bike.

What used to be a granny on a 3x setup? Like, 22T up front and 36T in the rear? Or maybe 24/36? Something like that? Pretty much a similar 3:5 ratio as Eagle, but with tiny little wheels.

6thElement

Schrodinger's Immigrant
Jul 29, 2008
I think the lowest gear is a 32/42 on a 10-speed cassette or some such nonsense. Not like 32/18 single speed gearing or anything, but "tall" when compared to the 30/50 Eagle on the other bike.

What used to be a granny on a 3x setup? Like, 22T up front and 36T in the rear? Or maybe 24/36? Something like that? Pretty much a similar 3:5 ratio as Eagle, but with tiny little wheels.
9 speed was 22/34, 10 speed was 24/36

22/32 on 26 is about the same as 32/50 on 29er.

eric strt6

Resident Curmudgeon
Sep 8, 2001
So I was sitting there killing time at the airport and this woman sits down across from me. It took me a second to recognize her with the face mask on. She started talking to me and I realized she didn't know who I was behind my mask. We have known each other for at least ten years. I said Joan you don't know who your talking to do you...Eric? Oh crap and started laughing. We were on the same flight going to the same horse show in southern California too funny. Made for a good flight.
IMG_20201120_162639574~3.jpg

canadmos

Cake Tease
May 29, 2011
Canaderp
So I was sitting there killing time at the airport and this woman sits down across from me. It took me a second to recognize her with the face mask on. She started talking to me and I realized she didn't know who I was behind my mask. We have known each other for at least ten years. I said Joan you don't know who your talking to do you...Eric? Oh crap and started laughing. We were on the same flight going to the same horse show in southern California too funny. Made for a good flight.View attachment 152658
You're already exposed enough from work... you're not worried or concerned about flying to a horse show?

eric strt6

Resident Curmudgeon
Sep 8, 2001
The airport was empty. People kept their distance. Southwest only allows real filter masks. No bandanas or masks with exhaust vents. You either got a window or aisle seat no middle seating. Nobody took off their masks. Fairly low risk

chuffer

Turbo Monkey
Sep 2, 2004
McMinnville, OR
The airport was empty. People kept their distance. Southwest only allows real filter masks. No bandanas or masks with exhaust vents. You either got a window or aisle seat no middle seating. Nobody took off their masks. Fairly low risk
This. My impression is that the percentage people in airports and planes following masking and social distancing guidelines is higher than pretty much any other public place. Orders of magnitude better than the grocery store.