Quantcast

¡hilo de buenos días!

Changleen

Paranoid Member
Jan 9, 2004
Pōneke
Heading to bed over here. Arm hurts now, and maybe just feeling slightly not perfect, wonder if it’s the jab or just hypochondria. Let’s see.

Sandwich

Pig my fish!
Staff member
May 23, 2002
borcester rhymes
buenos dingos, amigos

not much to report. Changed my workout yesterday as I read that 8-12 reps leads to more muscle mass than low, 4-6 reps, so now I can't move my arms. Good workout this morning too.

Currently waffling between a CPO CX-5 signature and a Genesis 5.0... bad MPG on the genny but $8k less expensive...

Sandwich

Pig my fish!
Staff member
May 23, 2002
borcester rhymes
Get the Genesis, you know you want it.

Hoping for a short ride in the swamp this evening.
You're not wrong, but after making the passionate decision with the Alfa, I want to make a more rational one this time. That being said, it's unlikely I'll ever be able to buy a V8 again...

I Are Baboon

Vagina man
Aug 6, 2001
MTB New England
Woke up at 5:15 with a blazing headache that has settled itself down with the help of Aleve. Working in the office today and busy as hell. Ever since taking over for the old manager, I have been so.frikkin.busy at work....not in a stressful, angry, bullshit kind of way though like my old job...just a lot of work to do, making me feel more useful than I really expected.

jonKranked

Detective Dookie
Nov 10, 2005
media blackout
third and final day in the office for the week. wanted to ride some DH for my bday this weekend, but looking increasingly likely that i'm going to get rained out. :stosh:

canadmos

Cake Tease
May 29, 2011
Canaderp
LE WORK

Boss sent me a long email which started off saying "I'm off today and so is ******, so you're in charge today". Dammit. Now I need to find the shit before it hits the fan.

Oh well. Today is my Friday and tomorrow the girlfriend and I are driving to Quebec City.

stoney

Part of the unwashed, middle-American horde
Jul 26, 2006
Colorado
Digital housekeeping. 30 day facebook delete countdown on my 4-years-inert account has begun.
Did it 7 or 8 years ago. It's a good feeling once it officially gone. Been trying to convince Wifey, but her and her friends don't have a forum like this nor call each other regularly to talk. She also has more than like 8 friends, which makes it easier for me.

canadmos

Cake Tease
May 29, 2011
Canaderp
Did it 7 or 8 years ago. It's a good feeling once it officially gone. Been trying to convince Wifey, but her and her friends don't have a forum like this nor call each other regularly to talk. She also has more than like 8 friends, which makes it easier for me.
Hmm I should get around to doing that as well. I have an account but haven't used it in like 10 years.

Westy

the teste
Nov 22, 2002
Sleazattle
Digital housekeeping. 30 day facebook delete countdown on my 4-years-inert account has begun.

I still have an account that I post the random picture now and then. Lets my family know I am still alive without having to actually talk to them. It would seem that the people I am friends with do the same thing. I have no political or other BS posts in the feed, just the odd picture of kids, pets, engagements and pregnancy announcements.

stoney

Part of the unwashed, middle-American horde
Jul 26, 2006
Colorado
On the Skimonkey front Le Uncle @Nick has started the ski search for Haley. I told her this morning and her response was her normal brutally sarcastic one - "Good. He knows what he's doing". Boots are going to be harder on me though. I think I'm going to have to order 4-5 pairs of boots to try on, hopefully finding one that fits. Evo thankfully has a location in Denver, so I might just buy a bunch from them, then schedule a fit and return the extras. They tend to not charge for fits if you buy boots from them.

Also studying. Had to get my test date pushed 30-days because insurance is so fucking convoluted. I always knew people would get suckered into it, but the deeper I get into it, the less I like it.

Sandwich

Pig my fish!
Staff member
May 23, 2002
borcester rhymes
Hmm I should get around to doing that as well. I have an account but haven't used it in like 10 years.
when you see how difficult they make it for you to delete you may feel even better that you did it.
I still have an account that I post the random picture now and then. Lets my family know I am still alive without having to actually talk to them. It would seem that the people I am friends with do the same thing. I have no political or other BS posts in the feed, just the odd picture of kids, pets, engagements and pregnancy announcements.
I want to do this, but I agree with @Westy about posting a photo twice a year and it's also really, really useful for selling bike shit. I use it more for local classifieds than I do to check on my friends. It went from a great way to stay in touch to "i'd rather be left alone, thanks"

Westy

the teste
Nov 22, 2002
Sleazattle
I want to do this, but I agree with @Westy about posting a photo twice a year and it's also really, really useful for selling bike shit. I use it more for local classifieds than I do to check on my friends. It went from a great way to stay in touch to "i'd rather be left alone, thanks"

A great way to keep in touch with people you don't really want to keep in touch with.

Fool

The Thing cannot be described
Sep 10, 2001
Brooklyn
That was my excuse, except I wasn't posting shit. Just getting annoyed by my personal algorithm deciding I only needed to see posts from the weird kid from HS who posts hundreds of individual workout set counts and 70s-90s music videos, and the fat kid from HS who only posts look-out-I'm-a-lone-wolf-dangerous-old-man memes.

Still have insta, but mainly for pictures with dad-joke captions. Zoot Markleberg would go a long way in gaining full access to my personal data if a regular-ass timeline was restored.

Changleen

Paranoid Member
Jan 9, 2004
Pōneke
You're not wrong, but after making the passionate decision with the Alfa, I want to make a more rational one this time. That being said, it's unlikely I'll ever be able to buy a V8 again...
What do you think of all those people who refuse to wear masks for covid?

stevew

resident influencer
Sep 21, 2001
for whatever reason it took me three trys to find car rental return at DIA....

got to hang w/youngest brother for a minute yesterday...bmw moto is nice....he flew alot last year during the pandemic...sneaky shit...

Serial Midget

Al Bundy
Jun 25, 2002
Fort of Rio Grande
Hello Monkeys.

My semi-annual tire binge continues. I finally had a decent run on the Ground Control T7/T5 combo - 23psi front, 25 rear. Recommended minimum is 25. I also softened up the fork and slowed the rebound one click resulting in no unintentional tire lift. Pedal effort reduced from last ride, didn't need to brake as much in tight turns.

Ordered a Maxxis DHF 2.6 for the Giggle Pig, OEM closeout for $55 + $8 flat rate shipping at maxxis.com

Going to the LBS for a spoke and maybe Recons for the GT.

Toshi

butthole powerwashing evangelist
Oct 23, 2001
I did not bike commute today. Had to be closer to on time (as I'm reading ED and inpatient studies today as opposed to less time sensitive outpatients) and also have kid pickup duties after work.

Tonight will be sushi and sashimi. Whetting my palate with smoked salmon during the day.

SkaredShtles

Michael Bolton
Sep 21, 2003
In a van.... down by the river
I did not bike commute today. Had to be closer to on time (as I'm reading ED and inpatient studies today as opposed to less time sensitive outpatients) and also have kid pickup duties after work.

Tonight will be sushi and sashimi. Whetting my palate with smoked salmon during the day.
Dammit. Now I'm hungry for sushi.