Quantcast

¡Hola! lunes ¡Hola!

HardtailHack

used an iron once
Jan 20, 2009
Pretty cruisey day for me, was working with a customer and he asked if I had removed a safety pin. I said that I hadn't and he said that we could have died and then laughed, hahaha, good times.
Turned out someone else had removed the safety pin for a sample as another was missing, luckily the wind was strong and blowing the correct way to hold the big piece of steel up.

Sandwich

Pig my fish!
Staff member
May 23, 2002
borcester rhymes
hey gang
allergies are like zomg wtf right now. I'm on claritin and zyrtec and they don't do shit.

got a refund from aliexpress for my crooked stem. Surprisingly easy. Not sure whether I want to order a replacement or now though...

Nick

My name is Nick
Sep 21, 2001
where the trails are
:wave: got in a fun ride yesterday, with a bonus dh on the drive back home. woot! my new/used bike is 99% dialed, I will forever fidget with the fork's bottom out to find the sweetest spot, but for now I'm super stoked.

canadmos

Cake Tease
May 29, 2011
Canaderp
Fixed for us. :monkeydance:
Still 7 or 8 weeks here.

CANNOT wait, plz less traffic on roads at rush hour.

Also not stoked - from the drive home yesterday, cottage traffic is back in full swing. :disgust:

Also driving related, I drove through Ontario's first and new diverging diamond interchange on Saturday. It seems to work....but perhaps is a little too compact together? When getting off the freeway and making a left, you're just faced with a spaghetti of intersecting lanes in front of you. Either way, some people ahead of me were 100% confused, that yes, you do drive on the left side of the road for a bit of it. :rofl:

SkaredShtles

Michael Bolton
Sep 21, 2003
In a van.... down by the river
Still 7 or 8 weeks here.

Also not stoked - from the drive home yesterday, cottage traffic is back in full swing. :disgust:

Also driving related, I drove through Ontario's first and new diverging diamond interchange on Saturday. It seems to work....but perhaps is a little too compact together? When getting off the freeway and making a left, you're just faced with a spaghetti of intersecting lanes in front of you. Either way, some people ahead of me were 100% confused, that yes, you do drive on the left side of the road for a bit of it. :rofl:
Those intersections are pretty cool...

slyfink

Turbo Monkey
Sep 16, 2008
Ottawa, Canada
Still 7 or 8 weeks here.

Those intersections are pretty cool...
Is that like in Montreal where there's a bunch of highway off-ramps on the left side of the road? Feels like they were designed by stoned engineers in the 60s...

My theory about traffic nowadays is that because people aren't going in to the office 5 days/week, they're driving in on the work-from-the-office days because it's cheaper than buying a full transit pass. the end result is even more traffic. As someone who lives downtown and bikes to work, it's really infuriating to sit in traffic when I want to leave downtown to go for a bike ride!

canadmos

Cake Tease
May 29, 2011
Canaderp
Is that like in Montreal where there's a bunch of highway off-ramps on the left side of the road? Feels like they were designed by stoned engineers in the 60s...

My theory about traffic nowadays is that because people aren't going in to the office 5 days/week, they're driving in on the work-from-the-office days because it's cheaper than buying a full transit pass. the end result is even more traffic. As someone who lives downtown and bikes to work, it's really infuriating to sit in traffic when I want to leave downtown to go for a bike ride!
No those special left side off ramps....are yeah strange.

This is the intersection:

1683555383004.png

The on/off ramps are pretty normal, on the correct side of the road. The difference is the way the traffic flows on the road crossing over the freeway. Its much more fluid - and when getting off the highway, you don't have to sit at a light. Same with getting back onto the freeway - you might have one light, not two to sit through.