Quantcast

¡Hola! lunes ¡Hola!

TreeSaw

Mama Monkey
Oct 30, 2003
Dancin' over rocks n' roots!
'Tis the start of crazy concert season for music teacher me. Dress rehearsal and concert with my 7/8 band & handbell groups Thursday. Next week have HS and 5/6 groups and the following week 4th grade before rounding out the month with 7-12 marching band in the local parade. I will be so happy when June is here.

Last edited:

jonKranked

Detective Dookie
Nov 10, 2005
media blackout
Like, how much sooner and what level of nonsense? And does putting up with said increased nonsense positively or negatively impact other areas of your outside of work life?
could potentially push things into the mid 50s. tracking to 60 as it is. i need to talk to some friends I know on this one (that aren't you guys) who could give me some first hand accounts.

stoney

Part of the unwashed, middle-American horde
Jul 26, 2006
Colorado
Someone should definitely be buying you a new kart.
We shall see. I need to get it down the the shop for inspection. It doesn't seem right, but he can put it on the jig to check. Given there is only one retail shop in Denver-metro, anything we do will be with them and he is the only person that can assess it.

jonKranked

Detective Dookie
Nov 10, 2005
media blackout
We shall see. I need to get it down the the shop for inspection. It doesn't seem right, but he can put it on the jig to check. Given there is only one retail shop in Denver-metro, anything we do will be with them and he is the only person that can assess it.
keep receipts and quotes.

'Tis the start of crazy concert season for music teacher me. Dress rehearsal and concert with my 7/8 band & handbell groups Thursday. Next week have HS and 5/6 groups and the following week 4th grade before rounding out the month with 7-12 marching band in the local parade. I will be so happy when June is here.
We ought to figure out how to ride sometime...

Toshi

Harbinger of Doom
Oct 23, 2001
could potentially push things into the mid 50s. tracking to 60 as it is. i need to talk to some friends I know on this one (that aren't you guys) who could give me some first hand accounts.
doing stuff you do not like from now until mid 50s is a long-ass time

maxyedor

<b>TOOL PRO</b>
Oct 20, 2005
In the bathroom, fighting a battle
doing stuff you do not like from now until mid 50s is a long-ass time
The question is, is it unlikable enough to outweigh the likability of early retirement?

Work is always radiation, sometimes it's low dose, sometimes it's Elephant's foot, but over a long enough period of time it adds up and your brain melts. The key is finding a dosage you can stand for much longer than the duration you have to stand it, you could be bulldozing forests in the suburbs, or you could be a "human robot" on the roof shoveling graphite back into the building, but we're all liquidators at Chernobyl one way or another.

jdcamb

Tool Time!
Feb 17, 2002
Nowhere Man!
Had 3 cool bikes to work on today. Test rides add up. I am hoping to go into the season with a better fitness level then last year. Rehabbed my fork with parts from an old fork. So far so good.

jstuhlman

bagpipe wanker
Dec 3, 2009
Cackalacka du Nord
people laugh at the art history guy but damn, i actually like my job, the flexibility i have, and don't gaf about when i retire because i don't hate my job.

now my kids...get those fuckers up and outta here.

slyfink

Turbo Monkey
Sep 16, 2008
Ottawa, Canada
Yikes...I'm guessing with the buildings there that this isn't normal. Is it a flood plain?
well, it's along the Ottawa river. So yes, there are floodplains, but this is above "normal" floods. I think this is a 50-year flood. But the problem is it's happened 3 times in the past 6 years: we've had two 50-year floods and one 100-year flood.

A buddy of mine posted these over the weekend:
1683635217379.png

1683635315758.png

He's in Aylmer. That's Ottawa across the river.

Municipalities are loathe to update floodplain maps (as it would seriously curtail their tax base). But some governments are (finally) beginning to cut off aid to places that are repeatedly flooding... sounds harsh, I know, but it's ridiculous that people keep moving back into houses that are repeatedly flooding, and the government keeps bailing them out (no pun intended!).

Last edited:

SkaredShtles

Michael Bolton
Sep 21, 2003
In a van.... down by the river
well, it's along the Ottawa river. So yes, there are floodplains, but this is above "normal" floods. I think this is a 50-year flood. But the problem is it's happened 3 times in the past 6 years: we've had two 50-year floods and one 100-year flood.

A buddy of mine posted these over the weekend: View attachment 193588

View attachment 193589

He's in Aylmer. That's Ottawa across the river.

Municipalities are loathe to update floodplain maps (as it would seriously curtail their tax base). But some governments are (finally) beginning to cut off aid to places that are repeatedly flooding... sounds harsh, I know, but it's ridiculous that people keep moving back into houses that are repeatedly flooding, and the government keeps bailing them out (no pun intended!).
This sounds suspiciously familiar.