Quantcast

¢¶πsaturdayπ¶¢

Toshi

butthole powerwashing evangelist
Oct 23, 2001
Fucking holiday weekend flying schedule. :mad:
You were/are going somewhere?

I am going climbing with the family, because that's apparently what I do now instead of biking.

Serial Midget

Al Bundy
Jun 25, 2002
Fort of Rio Grande
Oh, hey Monkies! My preference of avoiding holiday weekend travel / social activity will be satisfied by staying home and getting things done. Will be hitting a nice mountain trail somewhere in Montana on Monday. Hopefully the moto heads will be beered out and heading back to the trailer park by then. :)

Montana rider

Turbo Monkey
Mar 14, 2005
636283684467908645.jpg
Will be hitting a nice mountain trail somewhere in Montana on Monday. Hopefully the moto heads will be beered out and heading back to the trailer park by then. :)
Midge, was thinking about this loop which I've hiked portions of but never ridden...

12 miles, 3600' and an old ice cave with frozen insects... Hike a bike uphill but trail up high is supposedly rider friendly

2 hours drive from you, 3 from me so was giving some thought to camping out so as to lessen drive...

https://www.trailforks.com/route/crystal-lake-grandview-and-ice-caves/

Attachments

jimmydean

The Official Meat of Ridemonkey
Sep 10, 2001
Portland, OR
Morning Monkeys.

Chewy.com again FTW. I ordered some more food for my cat, thought I knew what it was, I was wrong. I went on the site, opened the live chat window and told them my mistake. Here was their response:

You can expect a credit for $32.99 back on your Visa card in the next 3 to 5 business days at the latest. There's no need to send that bag back to us, feel free to donate it to a local rescue or shelter where it may do some good. :)
And because the new order (only a bag of food) isn't over $50 but they are awesome, they shipped the correct food out free on Tuesday.

In contrast, I ordered some stuff from PetSmart to be picked up on my way home a few weeks ago. Didn't get a chance to run by (not on my way home) so I cancelled the order. They said I couldn't cancel online, I had to call the store, so I did. They said they cancelled it, but a month later I get an email that they had cancelled it due to no pick up and refunded the purchase.

stevew

resident influencer
Sep 21, 2001
driving up the price on a ebay auction for a vicious cycles hardtail....it is pretty....

also looked at a auction for a sppoky pitboss....claims to have a 2.5 in the back....

Serial Midget

Al Bundy
Jun 25, 2002
Fort of Rio Grande
Morning Monkeys.

Chewy.com again FTW. I ordered some more food for my cat, thought I knew what it was, I was wrong. I went on the site, opened the live chat window and told them my mistake. Here was their response:

And because the new order (only a bag of food) isn't over $50 but they are awesome, they shipped the correct food out free on Tuesday.

In contrast, I ordered some stuff from PetSmart to be picked up on my way home a few weeks ago. Didn't get a chance to run by (not on my way home) so I cancelled the order. They said I couldn't cancel online, I had to call the store, so I did. They said they cancelled it, but a month later I get an email that they had cancelled it due to no pick up and refunded the purchase.
I use chewy.com for canned cat food and save about 30 cent per can. :thumb:

boostindoubles

Nacho Libre
Mar 16, 2004
Yakistan
Have now been driven off the back deck for TWO consecutive meals. :mad:

These things are complete assholes
One bucket of water, one stick long enough to fit across the top, and uncooked bacon.
1. Wrap bacon around stick.
2. Place stick across mouth of bucket of water.
3. Watch them eat and fall in bucket and not leave bucket.
4. ?

AngryMetalsmith

Business is good, thanks for asking
Jun 4, 2006
I have no idea where I am
So last night's Gallery Hop was pretty much a rain out with the exception of a bunch of kids. Did have a late 50's couple try to swallow each other's faces in front of my studio, yuck.

Probably not going to be any riding today since the trails are soaked. Do suppose I could replace that broken I9 spoke after work...

Toshi

butthole powerwashing evangelist
Oct 23, 2001
Do not not let the dark forces of family direct your life anymore than you signed up for.
I actually like climbing. After the awesome Lenawee ride I think I will concentrate on climbing for a bit, then skiing, then back to biking with new vigor in the spring. It helps that this new gym is close (about 10 min from both home and work) and the whole family can do it. Yuna boulders and does the slide, Mariko climbs an easy (5.5 plus easier due to climbing the rainbow) route again and again on auto-belay, and the wife and I climb our own routes. I did a few 5.10s today, so I'm definitely better than I was back in my New York days.
You know what'll help? Having a third kid.
We should know in a bit whether round 3 is on its way. At least trying is fun. :D

StiHacka

Compensating for something
Jan 4, 2013
In hell. Welcome!
So, it looks like I am flying to Denver tomorrow morning, head South and staying in Colorado Springs or somewhere nearby tomorrow night and hopefully take a glimpse of the balloon festival. Beer time and any suggestions for the festival or some lodging @Pesqueeb ? :D I will be headed for the Rockies from there and shall be back in the Boulder/Denver area on Saturday night so perhaps there will be an opportunity to meet my monkey friends from that area, too. Details TBD later.

Pesqueeb

bicycle in airplane hangar
Feb 2, 2007
Riding the baggage carousel.
So, it looks like I am flying to Denver tomorrow morning, head South and staying in Colorado Springs or somewhere nearby tomorrow night and hopefully take a glimpse of the balloon festival. Beer time and any suggestions for the festival or some lodging @Pesqueeb ? :D I will be headed for the Rockies from there and shall be back in the Boulder/Denver area on Saturday night so perhaps there will be an opportunity to meet my monkey friends from that area, too. Details TBD later.
Staying on your dime, or somebody else's dime? If money isn't an issue stay at The Mining Exchange. If it's really not an issue stay at the Broadmoor. Or if you just want a decent place at a decent price in a good location, The Antlers is right in the middle of downtown.

Balloon festival is all holiday weekend except for monday night IIRC. Wife and kid went this morning. I avoid it like the plague, though I'm usually working anyway. Too many people, no parking, meth heads in the park, have to get up at the crack of dawn. Was neat once. Watching the balloons skip off Prospect lake is kind of cool. They do a "balloon glow" at night, winds permitting. Might be only one night, or maybe all of them, I forget.

You still have my number?

StiHacka

Jan 4, 2013
In hell. Welcome!
Staying on your dime, or somebody else's dime? If money isn't an issue stay at The Mining Exchange. If it's really not an issue stay at the Broadmoor. Or if you just want a decent place at a decent price in a good location, The Antlers is right in the middle of downtown.

Balloon festival is all holiday weekend except for monday night IIRC. Wife and kid went this morning. I avoid it like the plague, though I'm usually working anyway. Too many people, no parking, meth heads in the park, have to get up at the crack of dawn. Was neat once. Watching the balloons skip off Prospect lake is kind of cool. They do a "balloon glow" at night, winds permitting. Might be only one night, or maybe all of them, I forget.

You still have my number?
Thank you! Going for a short ride now, will be back with moar questions soon. I still have your number. :D

stoney

Part of the unwashed, middle-American horde
Jul 26, 2006
Colorado
Got my new tires installed on the M today. SO FUCKING STICKY! I damn near inside curbed the car getting onto the freeway at my normal speed because the car didn't slide the expected amount.

It's the first time I've had real, ultra performance summer tires on it and now I fully understand why people pay as much as they do for the Michelin Pilot Super Sports. These are only the Conti ExtremeContact DW at 60% the price and they are hero tires. Launch is faster, braking distance is better, cornering is hero. Omfg.

StiHacka

Jan 4, 2013
In hell. Welcome!
How long will you be in town for? Between myself and @JohnE I bet we could scrounge up bikes and gear enough for a local ride and/or beers.

Edit: bring me Trillium.
It is a bike-less vacation with wifey. We're going to stay one night in ColoSprings, then drive up to Breckenridge, no bikes this time. :( I suspect we'll get to town in the evening and leave early next morning. I booked a room in the Mining Exchange, place looks nice. It would be nice if we could meet in one of your brewery places!

jdcamb

Tool Time!
Feb 17, 2002
Nowhere Man!
My new neighbor made tomato salad, corn on the cobb. and steak. Tritip. Her boyfriend came over and offered me a plate. I fixed their bikes for free today. Nice people. I was glad to meet them.

Pesqueeb

bicycle in airplane hangar
Feb 2, 2007
Riding the baggage carousel.
I booked a room in the Mining Exchange, place looks nice. It would be nice if we could meet in one of your brewery places!
Swanky. I highly recommend Springs Orleans, right next door for dinner. A tad spendy (though probably not by Boston standards) but I really like it. We can definitely do beer. Either downtown or if you want to head about 20 minutes west we can do something quite near Casa de Pesqueeb.

StiHacka

Jan 4, 2013
In hell. Welcome!
Swanky. I highly recommend Springs Orleans, right next door for dinner. A tad spendy (though probably not by Boston standards) but I really like it. We can definitely do beer. Either downtown or if you want to head about 20 minutes west we can do something quite near Casa de Pesqueeb.
Springs Orleans sounds fine, thanks! I'll ping your via derphone when I am in town. The (only) two Trillium cans I had in my fridge are packed and ready to go! :D

rideit

Bob the Builder
Aug 24, 2004
In the cleavage of the Tetons
Went to Wydaho Rendezvous at Grand Targhee.
Demoed an Evil and a new Transition...both fun, but the dh trails were all kinda blown out. And a bit crowded, but that's a festival for you. Also found out that my 'bleeding edge' early order of the Altitude comes with a cost...there is something wrong with the rocker arm that only gets me the neutral position on the ride 9 chip...they need to get me a new rocker arm. Not a big deal, but I wanted to be able to go full slack for my TWE ride in October. Oh well, 65.6 degrees is still pretty slack.
I couldn't really tell that the Transition was 64...they have worked a little magic. I didn't do ANY climbing on it, though. The Evil was nice, but kinda heavy. I'm spoiled.

Last edited: