Quantcast

¢@¢ wednesderp gee empty ¢@¢

Adventurous

Starshine Bro
Mar 19, 2014
Crawlorado
Mornin!

Road trip is officially over. Spent the night at my parents and will be heading down to the in-laws later to begin the process of prepping our space.

It's been a year of wonderful experiences and memories and I'm privileged to have had the opportunity.

20190703_211604-1612x763.jpg

Sandwich

Pig my fish!
Staff member
May 23, 2002
borcester rhymes
I don't really feel like being alive today...but I'm here! Might do beers with a guy later.

Getting the little ladies' bike ready to go... coming together nicely

canadmos

Cake Tease
May 29, 2011
Canaderp
@johnbryanpeters I manned up and "rode" to the top of Burke.

Glad I did, because DH Trail was awesome. Steep spots, rock slabs, tech roots and a brand new cut section with like half a foot of steep off camber loam. Had dirt coming over my helmet at one point.

Much broken glass to be found on the summit though. :(

norbar

KESSLER PROBLEM. Just cause
Jun 7, 2007
Warsaw :/
Missed 2 days of training so I'm a bit bummed about that. Today doing some lifting to get my skinny ass in better shape. Probably some research for a self published medium article later on today. Need to do that self branding thing everybody is talking about if I want to increase job mobility in an industry which has rather little of it.

canadmos

Cake Tease
May 29, 2011
Canaderp
@canadmos noice dude. Never made it to the top of burke for riding. Everyone told me it wasn't worth it. Was it?
Only did one trail from the top, but I enjoyed it more than any trail on the lower half of Burke. Or any trail at Kingdom for that matter.

If you have to ride to the top, that might come into play. If you can get a ride or shuttle, most definitely.

jstuhlman

bagpipe wanker
Dec 3, 2009
Cackalacka du Nord
Only did one trail from the top, but I enjoyed it more than any trail on the lower half of Burke. Or any trail at Kingdom for that matter.

If you have to ride to the top, that might come into play. If you can get a ride or shuttle, most definitely.
what's the climb to the top? like 1500' vertical?

TN

Hey baby, want a hot dog?
Jul 9, 2002
Jimtown, CO
Big Mayfly hatch this morning. They were all over the deck. I wanted to grab my rod & walk down to the creek but had to take the girls down below to school.
Haven't fished in a week. :/

Attachments

Last edited:

Rockland

Turbo Monkey
Apr 24, 2003
Left hand path
Love me some Burke peak runs. It's 2416' from the village to the summit, but you get the reverse on the way down. Upper J-Bar -> Lower J-Bar -> Kirby connector - > Kirby Rd (Walker Rd) -> Last Call, and pop out @ the beer.