Quantcast

£¢€Monday GMT√π÷

norbar

KESSLER PROBLEM. Just cause
Jun 7, 2007
Warsaw :/
This week didn't start well. First at 7AM some morons decided to use a jackhammer 1m from my window. I've seen how they oparate and no wonder they have to start so early when they can't use it and most people would be more efective with a spoon.

Then 10AM more good fun news. I'm selling my DH bike and since the bike has not been used for 4 or 5 years and it was serviced right before I stopped using it I thought no service is needed. My DB Air caught some air but I thought it's just a minor scratch. Apparently the first suspension gurus in Poland have been servicing my shock with a rusty spoon. Parts cost alone is higher than buying a used Ohlins damper and fixing it. So I'm spending 300$ on a bike that will go for 1250-1500.

On the bright side I've found out the official ohlins tuner and service guy is my old friend and I'll probably just buy old used ohlins shit that's and fix it with him for future bikes instead of spend on suspension products.

Adventurous

Starshine Bro
Mar 19, 2014
Crawlorado
Nope. Don't wanna. Too many outside forces cramping my mojo right now.

Bought a blender yesterday. Fancy Vitamix too. This is when I miss @sydasti telling me I'm wrong and why.

Last edited:

jimmydean

The Official Meat of Ridemonkey
Sep 10, 2001
Portland, OR
Morning Monkeys.

It was really nice having a paid break. Rain today then supposed to be nice the rest of the week. I do have actual work to get done this week, but not much. Begin countdown to Friday.

jstuhlman

bagpipe wanker
Dec 3, 2009
Cackalacka du Nord
rained here all nite, then rolled up to dump on you northern monkeys. it's quite a coincidence. i, too, have low motivation to get anything done. gotta take 10yo to get stitches out in a sec, so i can out off being productive for a little while...

norbar

KESSLER PROBLEM. Just cause
Jun 7, 2007
Warsaw :/
7-8 weeks here. Seems to help most nights. Pretty sure my insomnia this week is related to over indulgence of food/booze. I should quit doing that.
Yeah I thought so too but I'm on a diet now to lose Covid Belly (working from home when gyms are closed and its dark, wet and cold is not the best incentive to move) and it still sucks. Though I have ADHD (apparently so much I can't find meds...) so sleeplessness is a given. I'm on enough meds to kill an elephant now.

canadmos

Cake Tease
May 29, 2011
Canaderp
Le work. The rain has started and shall switch to snow later.

Ladyfriend's mother is supposed to visit and stay over tonight. I have no problem with this, but with the shitty sleep I got last night, I'll just want to go home, relax and have an edible and hit the sack early. Maybe the incoming snow storm will cancel the plans?

Westy

the teste
Nov 22, 2002
Sleazattle
Le work. The rain has started and shall switch to snow later.

Ladyfriend's mother is supposed to visit and stay over tonight. I have no problem with this, but with the shitty sleep I got last night, I'll just want to go home, relax and have an edible and hit the sack early. Maybe the incoming snow storm will cancel the plans?

If no snow just break the shitter an hour before she is supposed to leave.

Adventurous

Starshine Bro
Mar 19, 2014
Crawlorado
You are wrong. You should just run over your food with a lawn mower and put a container over the output chute.
What brand of lawn mower? You'll have to be more specific. Zero turn? 36" deck? Does Scag do a better job than a Toro or Deere? All things @sydasti would know or argue.

CrabJoe StretchPants

Reincarnated Crab Walking Head Spinning Bruce Dick
Nov 30, 2003
Groton, MA
Wheels built over the weekend. Third time was the charm, and now consider myself an expert. Wound up going with cushcore inserts and the front tire installed in about 10min, marginally more difficult than without the insert IMO. Rear tire being delivered tomorrow and will have myself a nice strider bike.

IMG_20201130_002227925_resize_50.jpg

jonKranked

Detective Dookie
Nov 10, 2005
media blackout
Wheels built over the weekend. Third time was the charm, and now consider myself an expert. Wound up going with cushcore inserts and the front tire installed in about 10min, marginally more difficult than without the insert IMO. Rear tire being delivered tomorrow and will have myself a nice strider bike.

View attachment 152970
that's gonna be a good lookin' bike.

slyfink

Turbo Monkey
Sep 16, 2008
Ottawa, Canada
Yeah I thought so too but I'm on a diet now to lose Covid Belly (working from home when gyms are closed and its dark, wet and cold is not the best incentive to move) and it still sucks. Though I have ADHD (apparently so much I can't find meds...) so sleeplessness is a given. I'm on enough meds to kill an elephant now.
Have you tried mindfulness? I took it up about a month ago, after a huge anger-related blowout with the kids. I need to figure something out to manage my emotional responses. But I digress.

I too have ADHD, and am taking meds (though probably at a lower dose than optimal, but I really dislike the side effects of the most effective does). I too work at home, in a country with much dark in the winter. I'm averaging three drinks a day at the moment (a beer after work while prepping dinner, a beer or wine with dinner, and a scotch/whisky/bourbon/calvados before bed). I could probably cut one out, but I'm doing ok with that I think. Since I started my mindfulness practice, I've found my sleep is better. It could be that my sleep cycle coincidentally got better at the same time as I took up the practice, but I'm willing to believe there's a link (if only for the placebo effect).

Could be worth a try for you. I just did a youtube music search for "guided mindfulness meditation" and picked a few that didn't get on my nerves. Podcast aggregators are chock-a-block with them too. I look for something in the 10 to 15 minute range.

That said, I can't wake up today, despite a good nights sleep, my meds and two coffees. grey and gloomy days with do that to you I guess.

Nick

My name is Nick
Sep 21, 2001
where the trails are

View attachment 152970
what are you doing for drivetrain? I have some xtr cranks unused that would be perfect.

edit: nvmd, I see your build update.

Anyone need XTR cranks?

CBJ

year old fart
Mar 19, 2002
Copenhagen, Denmark
Two days of drinking got my on the couch tired and feeling like an old man. I did manage a really good bike ride Saturday on some of the best trails in Denmark.