Quantcast

£¢€No hump day €¥¥¥¥✓©nt

6thElement

Schrodinger's Immigrant
Jul 29, 2008
You know what's been a shit show the last 3 days? The group that the manager position I was thinking about is under. Like, let's hope there aren't people quitting no notice. I think I'll stick with my lower paying job.
See my comment above that you laughed at.
If you're comfortable now and don't have to manage people, don't eff that up.

I've burned out some of my resources the last 3 weeks having to get them cover extra shifts on Thurs, Fri and Sat night because of COVID absences and now that person just called out again for this week.

Westy

the teste
Nov 22, 2002
Sleazattle
Trying to find parts to rebuild my 'sploded wheel. Although I am not the original owner looks like Ibis is willing to give me a replacement under crash warranty prices, which is pretty frickin' sweet. Now to find spokes, so far CX Rays are being elusive.

SkaredShtles

Michael Bolton
Sep 21, 2003
In a van.... down by the river
Trying to find parts to rebuild my 'sploded wheel. Although I am not the original owner looks like Ibis is willing to give me a replacement under crash warranty prices, which is pretty frickin' sweet. Now to find spokes, so far CX Rays are being elusive.
I must have missed it - what's the story on the 'sploded wheel?

And yeah - when I blew up my wheel back in early summer, finding spokes was a royal PITA. Shop here in town actually *made* a bunch to fix me up. And I had them make me some spares as well.

canadmos

Cake Tease
May 29, 2011
Canaderp
No ride tonight because work.

Oh well, not even mad, its ball freezing cold out. Will roll a joint and go for a stroll on the lake to see how deep the snow is out there.

Toshi

butthole powerwashing evangelist
Oct 23, 2001
Good ski day with wife and elder kid. Now rolling down from the foothills.

Westy

the teste
Nov 22, 2002
Sleazattle
I must have missed it - what's the story on the 'sploded wheel?

And yeah - when I blew up my wheel back in early summer, finding spokes was a royal PITA. Shop here in town actually *made* a bunch to fix me up. And I had them make me some spares as well.

Large stick entered spokes while moving at a decent clip, took out 8 spokes. Most of the brass nipples heads broke off but one pulled through and cracked the rim. Looks like Wheelbuilding.com parts may have what I need. Anyone ever used cupped nipple washers?

Last edited:

Muddy

ancient crusty bog dude
Jul 7, 2013
Free Soda Refills at Fuddruckers
Anyone ever used cupped nipple washers?
Re-laced two sets of e.thirteen rims which did not have a rounded profile. Spokes seemed to make a lot of 'ting' noise when DT Swiss washers got included.
Lubed w/ Linseed oil on another set and all was good.

Snapped a Topeak front fender mount, spent most of the day looking for a replacement. Either had to buy a box of assorted junk to get the frame of the mount on FleaBay, order a complete one from England, or pay 45.00 on Amazon.

gonefirefightin

free wieners
Large stick entered spokes while moving at a decent clip, took out 8 spokes. Most of the brass nipples heads broke off but one pulled through and cracked the rim. Looks like Wheelbuilding.com parts may have what I need. Anyone ever used cupped nipple washers?
This reminds me, I should probably dig my phil woods spoke cutter out of storage for stinkbike builds

Westy

the teste
Nov 22, 2002
Sleazattle
Re-laced two sets of e.thirteen rims which did not have a rounded profile. Spokes seemed to make a lot of 'ting' noise when DT Swiss washers got included.
Lubed w/ Linseed oil on another set and all was good.

Snapped a Topeak front fender mount, spent most of the day looking for a replacement. Either had to buy a box of assorted junk to get the frame of the mount on FleaBay, order a complete one from England, or pay 45.00 on Amazon.
OEM build used basic washers and used them when I replaced the hub a few years ago. I like the idea of having a more distributed load at the nipple rim interface.

StiHacka

Compensating for something
Jan 4, 2013
In hell. Welcome!

HAB

Chelsea from Seattle
Apr 28, 2007
Seattle
Awesome, someone stole my identity, rented a UHaul truck in Oregon, and totaled it. I just found out when I got the bill from a collections agency.

canadmos

Cake Tease
May 29, 2011
Canaderp
Awesome, someone stole my identity, rented a UHaul truck in Oregon, and totaled it. I just found out when I got the bill from a collections agency.
That sucks. How much is the bill?

Did they rent it with a credit card in your name? M

HAB

Chelsea from Seattle
Apr 28, 2007
Seattle
That sucks. How much is the bill?

Did they rent it with a credit card in your name? M
It's actually only the initial rental charge so far, not the totalling. I found it got totaled when I got in touch with UHaul to dispute it.

I'm not super clear on how they handled payment. My wallet got stolen last summer, so my best guess is that they used my driver's license from that, but I canceled all my cards within like an hour (all they managed to charge was something like $14 at Starbucks) and this happened 4 months later.

Jozz

Joe Dalton
Apr 18, 2002
SADL
was it Gus Polinski who rented the van?