Quantcast

£££ middle gmt £££

StiHacka

Compensating for something
Jan 4, 2013
In hell. Welcome!
^ quality circle jerk, lads!

Winter is coming tomorrow night, fuck. Gotta get three shitloads of plants indoors otherwise le wife throws a tantrum of a century. In other news, Le Bomber made it to Avyworkx so I have that going for me. I am curious what Craig can do for my unrideabru leverage curse.

I Are Baboon

Vagina man
Aug 6, 2001
MTB New England
I would complain about my 14 hour work day yesterday, but it was an improvement over the last two payroll cycle Tuesdays, so I will still complain but just not as much. At least this time I didn't need to sleep in to recover and was able to hit the high school track for some laps early this morning. 27 laps = 7 miles, and yes I know in theory one lap should be a quarter mile, but in fact each lane is slightly longer from the inside lane to the outside lane, and I tend to run on the outside lanes because I am slow as track runners go, and etiquette says slower runners should run on the outside lanes, although at 5:15 in the morning there are no other stupid assholes running on the track so it really doesn't matter. I'll hop on the KICKR for an hour later while watching a couple of episodes of Barry. #coolstorybro #caffeine

stoney

Part of the unwashed, middle-American horde
Jul 26, 2006
Colorado
About ready to throw Haley through the window this morning. Actually had to commute to downtown today, which sucked. Getting her new (used) boots this afternoon. Plan for taking Monday off is a go; still need to figure out what we're doing during the day, but she has a 2hr freestyle ski camp from 4-6pm. She's getting amped for ski season to start.

Sandwich

Pig my fish!
Staff member
May 23, 2002
borcester rhymes
I think I've reached peak #italiancarownership as the other day my center display went out unexpectedly, and rather than thinking "I've got to go to the dealership", I said to myself "It'll come back". Sure enough, an hour later it was back on.

No sign of a subaru transmission coming anytime soon.

hey @stoney, you have a bolt right? How do you like it? That may be on the horizon when the alfa's warranty lets loose.

stoney

Jul 26, 2006
Colorado
I think I've reached peak #italiancarownership as the other day my center display went out unexpectedly, and rather than thinking "I've got to go to the dealership", I said to myself "It'll come back". Sure enough, an hour later it was back on.

No sign of a subaru transmission coming anytime soon.

hey @stoney, you have a bolt right? How do you like it? That may be on the horizon when the alfa's warranty lets loose.
Peppy. Little rough, but the wheelbase is short. It's a commuter that I am not paying for, so I can deal with it's short comings. For a nicer option that isn't too much more expensive I probably would have gotten a Leaf, but I wanted a commuter that I didn't really need to care about.

Sandwich

Pig my fish!
Staff member
May 23, 2002
borcester rhymes
thanks. My commute is and largely will be short in mileage and windy in roads. I love the alfa but maintenance is expensive, reliability is ??? and Alfa keeps screwing around in the marketplace. Ditching the car just before warranty is up and grabbing a Bolt or I3 is on my radar. So is getting an older stick shift subaru, but that's another story.

Pesqueeb

bicycle in airplane hangar
Feb 2, 2007
Riding the baggage carousel.
Peppy. Little rough, but the wheelbase is short. It's a commuter that I am not paying for, so I can deal with it's short comings. For a nicer option that isn't too much more expensive I probably would have gotten a Leaf, but I wanted a commuter that I didn't really need to care about.
:stupid:

I love my leaf, at least so far. Bolt V. leaf is kind of a chevy V. ford argument in my mind. I liked the bolt too, in fact actually tried to buy one about 2 months before I bought the Leaf, but the local Chevy dealer fucked that deal up for a variety of reasons. In the end I might still have bought a bolt, but the leaf still qualified for full tax credits, and I wanted an upper trim model, which IMO, the leaf was better equipped on teh upper end model, plus chevy interiors are still gawd awful. YMMV, of course.

stoney

Jul 26, 2006
Colorado
:stupid:

I love my leaf, at least so far. Bolt V. leaf is kind of a chevy V. ford argument in my mind. I liked the bolt too, in fact actually tried to buy one about 2 months before I bought the Leaf, but the local Chevy dealer fucked that deal up for a variety of reasons. In the end I might still have bought a bolt, but the leaf still qualified for full tax credits, and I wanted an upper trim model, which IMO, the leaf was better equipped on teh upper end model, plus chevy interiors are still gawd awful. YMMV, of course.
If you don't need the extra range, the Mini-E and Golf-E are really good options because they will drive like real cars. Also will be potentially cheaper with full tax credits currently @Toshi just posted something about it a few days ago.
@Sandwich

TN

Hey baby, want a hot dog?
Jul 9, 2002
Jimtown, CO
Back from the swamps & beaches of SWFL.
I need to wash this funk off in some mountain snow.
Where to ski this weekend. :think:

6thElement

Schrodinger's Immigrant
Jul 29, 2008
If you don't need the extra range, the Mini-E and Golf-E are really good options because they will drive like real cars. Also will be potentially cheaper with full tax credits currently @Toshi just posted something about it a few days ago.
@Sandwich
WTF @ @Toshi getting credit for me pointing out they're giving away e-golf's with the dealer discounts + fed tax credit + CO tax credit :(

@stoney any interest in a keto adaptable peanut butter cookie recipe? Wife made them the other day and I know you'd mentioned in the summer that ride fuel was tough to come up with.

Last edited:

jonKranked

Detective Dookie
Nov 10, 2005
media blackout
@stoney any interest in a keto adaptable peanut butter cookie recipe? Wife made them the other day and I know you'd mentioned in the summer that ride fuel was tough to come up with.
my wife has a recipe for gluten free brownies made with chickpeas. i was skeptical, but they are damn good.

Full Trucker

Frikkin newb!!!
Feb 26, 2003
Exit, CO
Anyone that reacts to this post with anything other than the "fancy" emoji should be spatchcocked.
...Plan for taking Monday off is a go; still need to figure out what we're doing during the day, but she has a 2hr freestyle ski camp from 4-6pm. She's getting amped for ski season to start.
Are you skiing? I mean... I already have Monday off, so...
my wife has a recipe for gluten free brownies made with chickpeas. i was skeptical, but they are damn good.
You know the difference between a chickpea and a garbanzo bean, right?

jimmydean

The Official Meat of Ridemonkey
Sep 10, 2001
Portland, OR
Morning Monkeys.

I ain't going to lie, it's crazy to think about some of the stuff I am currently working on. A laser that can drill 300,000 holes that are 15 microns in size with an accuracy of 10 microns from center in 1 second. They are working on UV lasers that can do over a million holes (vias if you are a nerd). Crazy.

stoney

Jul 26, 2006
Colorado
WTF @ @Toshi getting credit for me pointing out they're giving away e-golf's with the dealer discounts + fed tax credit + CO tax credit :(

Sorry. It was in Toshi's thread iirc. And YES!

jonKranked

Detective Dookie
Nov 10, 2005
media blackout
Morning Monkeys.

I ain't going to lie, it's crazy to think about some of the stuff I am currently working on. A laser that can drill 300,000 holes that are 15 microns in size with an accuracy of 10 microns from center in 1 second. They are working on UV lasers that can do over a million holes (vias if you are a nerd). Crazy.
wear yer safety goggles

Sandwich

Pig my fish!
Staff member
May 23, 2002
borcester rhymes
@Sandwich
thanks for the tips.

I test drove an e-golf but it felt pretty dreadful power-wise. I loved the car though, it's handling was good and the interior was passable. It was just slooooow and range is limited.

The mini-e is on my radar but as I really only need about 100 miles of range, I can afford to look for a decent used one. Bolts come in around 20k, leafs considerably less. Not sure what a new, competitive leaf will run on the used market though. I'd consider a model 3, but those don't seem to depreciate the way anything else does.