Quantcast

£¥£¥£¥ źwift finally releases “skullet” hairstyle for your avatar•¥•¥•¥•¥•. Friday gmt

HardtailHack

used an iron once
Jan 20, 2009
Great, now I'm gonna wake up with "I've got an Ape Drape" stuck in my head again.
It's been a while I guess.

I Are Baboon

Vagina man
Aug 6, 2001
MTB New England
Slept with the windows open last night and it was raining and windy. That makes for some good sleepin'. The worms have made a mass exodus from the ground this morning.

Full Trucker

Frikkin newb!!!
Feb 26, 2003
Exit, CO
Started planning a big van road trip for late summer/early fall. Gonna visit family back in Indiana, then make our way to the southeast to visit a friend in Chattanooga, ride in Pisgah and surrounding, then try to hit Bentonville for a couple days followed by Switchgrass on the way back to Colorado.

6thElement

Schrodinger's Immigrant
Jul 29, 2008
Started planning a big van road trip for late summer/early fall. Gonna visit family back in Indiana, then make our way to the southeast to visit a friend in Chattanooga, ride in Pisgah and surrounding, then try to hit Bentonville for a couple days followed by Switchgrass on the way back to Colorado.
What/where is Switchgrass? I frequently consider a roadtrip to Pisgah. But there's a lot of fuck all between here and there.

Raccoon Mtn in Chat was a fun loop iirc.

Toshi

butthole powerwashing evangelist
Oct 23, 2001
1h 20m of snuggles from middle kid this morning. An auspicious start to the day

sunringlerider

Turbo Monkey
Oct 30, 2006
Corn Fields of Indiana
There are a few fun little rides in Indiana and on the way down to Pisgah. What area of the corn and Amish state are you stopping at?

canadmos

Cake Tease
May 29, 2011
Canaderp
For certain values of "mountain biking"... :D
I guess you can mountain bike anything, if you're not a [a-z]+ ?

I should have an open mind, afterall I had a fun time riding trails in Ohio. Having only been to the area around Lake Erie before that trip, I had absolutely no idea that Ohio had any hills. :busted:

SkaredShtles

Michael Bolton
Sep 21, 2003
In a van.... down by the river
<snip> What area of the corn and Amish state are you stopping at?
The crappy part. Oh, wait. :D

I should have an open mind, afterall I had a fun time riding trails in Ohio. Having only been to the area around Lake Erie before that trip, I had absolutely no idea that Ohio had any hills. :busted:
Let's be honest... at the end of the day, mountain biking > not mountain biking. :thumb:

Full Trucker

Frikkin newb!!!
Feb 26, 2003
Exit, CO
There are a few fun little rides in Indiana and on the way down to Pisgah. What area of the corn and Amish state are you stopping at?
While I hail from the bustling metropolis of Ft. Wayne, most of my mother's side family is in Greentown, just outside of Kokomo. We'll be spending a couple-three days there visiting, with no plans on heading more north to visit the Old Hood. I did think about a jaunt up into The Mitten to ride Yankee Springs or Ft. Custer, so Teh Spousal Unit™ could experience the trails I cut my teeth on, but that would add time and complexity to an already full itinerary. Whereabouts are you?

EDIT: it should also be noted that I considered hitting some stuff in Southern Indiana on the way to Chattavegas... maybe Gnawbone or Brown County? Only made it down that way once or twice back when I lived there. We most often went into Michigan.

Last edited:

SkaredShtles

Michael Bolton
Sep 21, 2003
In a van.... down by the river
While I hail from the bustling metropolis of Ft. Wayne, most of my mother's side family is in Greentown, just outside of Kokomo. We'll be spending a couple-three days there visiting, with no plans on heading more north to visit the Old Hood. I did think about a jaunt up into The Mitten to ride Yankee Springs or Ft. Custer, so Teh Spousal Unit™ could experience the trails I cut my teeth on, but that would add time and complexity to an already full itinerary. Whereabouts are you?

EDIT: it should also be noted that I considered hitting some stuff in Southern Indiana on the way to Chattavegas... maybe Gnawbone or Brown County? Only made it down that way once or twice back when I lived there. We most often went into Michigan.
That's funny you drove up to Yankee Springs... that was some of the first "real" mountain biking I did when I was at Uni.

Westy

the teste
Nov 22, 2002
Sleazattle

I used to ride some fun stuff in Ohio. While there weren't any big hills there were river valleys that could provide some steep spiciness. Reverse hills.

canadmos

Cake Tease
May 29, 2011
Canaderp
I used to ride some fun stuff in Ohio. While there weren't any big hills there were river valleys that could provide some steep spiciness. Reverse hills.
Did you ever ride anything around Zanesville?

The spiders were out of control...